Two Questions About LSU

DCWarEagle

These questions would have been more appropriate to ask before the AU-LSU game, but the week before the SECCG makes sense as well.

1. I know LSU likes to wear their whites at home, and they wear their whites on the road, but every year I see pictures of LSU players in purple jerseys. When do they wear those? Does the team only wear whites at home for big games or SEC games or something?

2. What is the deal with calling LSU fans corndogs? I see lots of people on this board doing it, and I have not been able to figure it out.

I know there are several LSU folks who are regulars here, so I appreciate any info y'all can give me. Thanks and good luck this weekend.

These questions would have been more appropriate to ask before the AU-LSU game, but the week before the SECCG makes sense as well.

1.  I know LSU likes to wear their whites at home, and they wear their whites on the road, but every year I see pictures of LSU players in purple jerseys.  When do they wear those?  Does the team only wear whites at home for big games or SEC games or something? 

Historically LSU wears white uniforms everywhere. Between Charlie Mac and Dinardo, LSU wore purple at home and white away. Dinardo reinstituted "white all the time" as part of his "Bring Back The Magic" crap. We all saw how great that worked out.

Under Saban, I'm not sure we wore purple at all until 2003 against Louisiana Tech at homecoming. We continued that in 2004 against Troy (and Oregon State would not allow us to wear home whites so we had to wear it)

This year we have worn it against North Texas and App. State...OOC home games. Basically I don't know if there is an official pattern yet, but we rely on SEC teams to allow us to wear those whites. If any were to refuse permission we would have to wear purple. Personally, I would like to see purple at home and white away because I don't give a crap about tradition and I like the way purple looks. ;)

2.  What is the deal with calling LSU fans corndogs?  I see lots of people on this board doing it, and I have not been able to figure it out.

sk Jenny. She seems to be the authority on all things corndog.

2.  What is the deal with calling LSU fans corndogs?  I see lots of people on this board doing it, and I have not been able to figure it out.

Find the nearest LSU fan and smell the odor....

The rest will explain itself.... :roflol:

WAR DAMN EAGLE

2004 National Champions

The people have a voice......use it

Open minds seek open suggestion for the overall peace of human kind, they are the leaders....closed minds are only told what to do and what to think....

HARD FIGHTING SOLDIERS! :roflol:

Ask Jenny. She seems to be the authority on all things corndog.

202801[/snapback]

Correction - I am the authority on all things related to MY corndog, who has been thoroughly fumigated, deprogrammed and disinifected and is now 5 hours removed from the epicenter of Red Stick. Other than that I have no further knowlege of matters pertaining to LSU. I am neither a zoologist nor an AA counselor nor a parole officer. I do not sell homemade rotgut or mobile homes, and I do not cash welfare checks. I have never even seen a nutria, and have no clue as to cooking instructions. Therefore, my experience is limited.

DC, check out THIS LINK. Hope that explains everything.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

2004 National Champions

Open minds seek open suggestion for the overall peace of human kind, they are the leaders....closed minds are only told what to do and what to think....

202815[/snapback]

go away jackass

202801[/snapback]

Correction - I am the authority on all things related to MY corndog, who has been thoroughly fumigated, deprogrammed and disinifected and is now 5 hours removed from the epicenter of Red Stick. Other than that I have no further knowlege of matters pertaining to LSU. I am neither a zoologist nor an AA counselor nor a parole officer. I do not sell homemade rotgut or mobile homes, and I do not cash welfare checks. I have never even seen a nutria, and have no clue as to cooking instructions. Therefore, my experience is limited.

202827[/snapback]

Thanks for the link Jenny.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

2004 National Champions

202815[/snapback]

Tell me about it, all I've seen here recently is a bunch of corndog smelling LSWHO fans whining about something we aren't even complaining about.

How does it feel for AU taking the spotlight.....again?

Guest Tigrinum Major

202801[/snapback]

202827[/snapback]

Thanks for the laughs, Jenny.

what I understand, is that LSU has an agreement with the SEC that allows them to wear white at home without seeking the visting team's permission for all conference games and the SEC championship (should they be the 'home' team). For out of conference games, the visiting team decides what color to wear- which means purple sometimes

what I understand, is that LSU has an agreement with the SEC that allows them to wear white at home without seeking the visting team's permission for all conference games and the SEC championship (should they be the 'home' team).  For out of conference games, the visiting team decides what color to wear- which means purple sometimes

203423[/snapback]

This may be the case now - one of our :lsu: posters can confirm. At one time, ALL visiting teams had to agree to allow :lsu: to wear the whites, even the conference teams. I recall one instance, maybe 6-8 years ago, where Vanderbilt refused to allow LSU to wear their home whites. The Bengals countered with GOLD jersies and processed the Commodores as expected. Would any :lsu: fan have a photo of that, just for interest?

Georgia Tech wears white at home also, and is subject to the same restrictions as :lsu: . They tend to wear gold now, when required to wear a colored jersey, but at one time they favored black.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

2004 National Champions

202815[/snapback]

Enjoy the Peach Bowl, corndog! :roflol:

what I understand, is that LSU has an agreement with the SEC that allows them to wear white at home without seeking the visting team's permission for all conference games and the SEC championship (should they be the 'home' team).  For out of conference games, the visiting team decides what color to wear- which means purple sometimes

203423[/snapback]

Here is the deal on uni's

Over the past 5-6 years we wear purple for the second home game (normally a non-conference game) and HC game.

LSU used to have to get permission from teams to wear white at home but i don't believe that is the case anymore.

oh yeah....Corndogs are good

This may be the case now - one of our  posters can confirm. At one time, ALL visiting teams had to agree to allow  to wear the whites, even the conference teams. I recall one instance, maybe 6-8 years ago, where Vanderbilt refused to allow LSU to wear their home whites. The Bengals countered with GOLD jersies and processed the Commodores as expected. Would any  fan have a photo of that, just for interest?

Georgia Tech wears white at home also, and is subject to the same restrictions as  . They tend to wear gold now, when required to wear a colored jersey, but at one time they favored black.

Tech hasnt worn black in a loooong time. George oLeary prefered the white top/gold shorts look, which was pretty much all they wore while he was there except for the occasional game (maybe once per year) where the visiting team demanded to wear white.

GT started wearing gold at home after the players voted for it prior to the 2003 season. That 2003 AU-GT game was the first time in almost a decade that GT wore a colored jersey willingly

TO HELL WITH :uga:

Archived