'Neath the Sun-Kissed Sky

DCWarEagle

I see there is a pretty big marketing push for the book 'Neath the Sun-Kissed Sky, but the description of the book provided by AU and the bookstores isn't really the most informative.

I was thinking of getting it for a family member for Christmas, but I'm not near Auburn, so I can't just walk into a bookstore and check it out. Can any of y'all tell me if you have seen it, and whether it looks like it is worth the kind of steep price ($40.00 everywhere I have seen). How big is it? Does it seem like it is good quality? Are the pictures nice? Anybody know where you can get it any more cheaply?

Thanks for any info you have.

http://www.ocm.auburn.edu/photographicservices/book.html#

Auburn University is planning the November release of a book with the university's alma mater as the theme. Produced by AU's Office of Communications and Marketing, 'Neath the Sun- Kissed Sky views AU through the camera lens and attempts to give a sense of what more than 200,000 alumni have embraced during their time in the loveliest village - the Auburn Spirit.

The publication also includes a few archival photos and bits of AU history to make the present day images even more meaningful.

If this is the same book that I saw at J&M II recently, then yes, I would recommend it. In fact, I was wanting to get one also.

There is one pic in there in particular that I thought was awesome. It is a shot of Toomer's corner from campus looking at the intersection. The big live oak tree there is in the center and the pic is split on the oak with a VERY old black and white photo on the left and a modern photo on the right. I have no idea how old this pic is but the streets are not paved and there are no automobiles in sight (this is looking at the building where Bodega is now.)

I would say it was worth a look. If it's for a real Auburn fan then they will probably love it.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I saw the book when I was in Auburn for the Iron Bowl, and I would've bought it on the spot if it weren't for the fact it cost $40. Its a beautiful book. Be :au: tiful ;) However, $40 was pretty steep for me. If you've got disposable income, buy it.

I checked in the bookstore today and this is in fact the same book that I was thinking of previously.

I highly recommend it if you've got the $40.

Archived