Worst Game Yet for Brandon Cox?

Eagle's Claw

I'll give Brandon the horrible first start vs. GT, BUT his performance was terrible ALL day!!! Granted he didn't have much help with the multiple dropped balls by almost every receiver out there today, ESPECIALLY the tight ends + various missed blocks + fumbles by the backs... BC didn't hit many throws all day. He very well could have hit several big plays if he was somewhat close on those throws. Auburn was completely out of sync all day. I was VERY frustrated with the lack of execution. BC took a serious step backward with this game. I really thought we would have really handed it to Wisconsin if we had played our A game. It's really REALLY dissapointing. This really makes me want to :puke: ! They didn't play this bad all year in my opinion.

Comments?

timing between the QB and receivers suffers the most during these layoffs. But it happens to all teams. Wisconsin was dead on, looks they worked on timing the last few weeks while Auburn read about how great they are. The play calling was suspect from the get go. Maybe CTT lost in on purpose so Borges would quit being

a candidate for other coaching jobs.

Did Tubs show ANY emotion on the sideline?

Not trying to make excuses for Brandon, but he hasn't been accused of having a rifile arm if I am not mistaken. When you throw with a 13+ mph wind, and not too much zip on it, this is what happens. I have no doubt that he gets stronger in the offseason and has no such trouble the next time faced with a wind like that.

It is still embarassing as a fan, but they will be just fine as long as some of the Freshmen and Sophomore DB's can step up next year. The D has a long way to go in the offseason IMO.

The defense played fine except Pitts and the Safetys. Also sometimes there was a lack of pass rush but the D was on the field all the time with the offense going 3 and out. Something needs to be done about the Secondarys poor tackling with the exception of Irons who maybe gone next year. Brandon holds on to the ball too long. We have great WR and RB's there is no reason we should be struggling on Offense. We kept running that sweep that will not work and how many times are we gonna play action. If you keep calling play action it will not work. Play action is supposed to be used to catch defenses off guard instead we used it like every other play.

If I was a defensive Junior this year wanting to put on a show for the NFL scouts obviously today wasn't the day. We may have focused way too much on getting practice for the young guys. As far as Brandon he had bad day I personally see nothing wrong with sitting him down a series and allowing him to think and see if our backup could provide a spark. Our DB's didn't give much effort in trying to arm tackle Calhoun. I give Wisconsin credit they had a great gameplan and have some talented players on the offensive side of the ball. Gibbs had a bad day preparing the D for the game. Much like the GT game we played so bad but still had a chance early in the 4th.

Of course this was his worst game. GT, at least it was his first game. He is supposed to be like a veteran at this point (kind of). So it is not expected of him to make those kind of mistakes.

I wish we had won, I wish he had a better game. He's still our best qb and he'll have to do better next year. But since people wanted to single me out after the regular season was over... I guess I was right about him. At least today I was. I just wish I was wrong.

2 bad games in a season of uncertainty. 9-3 after 4 first round draft picks. Back to back wins over UGA and Bama. 5 missed FG's in a game with LSU that should have been a win. I am happy with the season, as most of you are... I guess.

My take is this. Kenny Irons ran well when given the ball going north and south. The opening drive should have been a tone setter, not a quick strike gone wrong. I am not a college coach, but this team is best when given the chance to operate the offense like it's meant to be. Short passes and hard running right at the defense. I am disapointed as all of us are right now, but I am happy with the 9-3 season. Not a great way to end it, but that's what UGA, South Carolina, and many, many other teams are saying right about now. It's the way it is.

I also feel that Auburn was not ready for this game in the same way that UW was. Last game for Barry, and they played their hearts out! They wanted it way more, and deserved it. Calhoun looked awesome, and so did that gutsy QB Stocco. He took some shots and made the plays when he needed them.

Auburn has a lot of work to do on D. David Irons needs to hang around for another year, in my opinion. He's not ready. We lose several key players such as T. Williams...... LB will be a battle in the spring, and so will DT. Offensively, I like our chances. Brandon will shrug this one off, and the overall play will get better.

Let's be thankful for what we have done. We could be Rocky Top, you know.

War Eagle! :au::cheer::au::cheer:

Archived