THE DEMO-GOGUES

Tigermike

THE DEMO-GOGUES

This week's "Non Compos Mentis" Award: "There are no Democrats who took money from Jack Abramoff, not one, not one single Democrat. Every person named in this scandal is a Republican. Every person under investigation is a Republican. Every person indicted is a Republican. This is a Republican finance scandal." — Howard Dean at his best
Campaign 2008: "I am just bewildered as to how this president and this vice president continue to isolate themselves from different point of views. [President Bush has] got three more years in office. Some of us wish this wasn't the case." — Hillary Clinton
From the "Periplaneta Americana" Files: "I worry about a slow withdrawal [from Iraq] which makes it look like there's a victory..." — John Murtha, who "supports" the troops
From the Court Jesters: "If [samuel Alito] continuously, given his previous record, refused to answer questions and hid behind 'I can't answer this because it might come before me,' it would increase the chances of a filibuster." —Chuck Schumer ++ From the Hyper-Hypocrisy Department: "In an era when too many Americans are losing their jobs, or working for less and trying to make ends meet, in close cases Judge Alito has ruled the vast majority of the time against the claims of individual citizens. He has acted instead in favor of the government, large corporations, and other powerful interests." — Ted Kennedy, who usually acts in favor of government and his own powerful interests
This week's "Sociocrat Sycophant" Award: "Senator Kennedy gets a six-year contract renewed every six years by the people of Massachusetts. They have passed on his integrity for 42 years, and it is beyond question." — Paul Begala
Political memories?: "One of the problems America faces...is the White House's willingness to make decisions based on what benefits the administration politically rather than what's right for America." — Howard Dean, who seems to be reminiscing on the Clinton administration

Archived