Where's the outrage?

Tiger in Spain

New Orleans Mayor: Storms Sign 'God is Mad At America'

NEW ORLEANS — Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses (Moron). But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina. No racism there  :rolleyes:

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans — the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans." Jeez, I didn't think God was a racist and favored one race over another

Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader:blink: Isn't having imaginary conversations a sure sign that someone is crazier than a bell tower bat?

"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community — black folks I'm talking about — is ourselves.'" When your imaginary friends start talking back, you really are nuts

Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"

The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first." First step is getting anti-white, incompetent fruitcakes out of office

Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."That, and those keeping their cities inhabitants poor, dependent, and ignorant in order to keep their sorry and corrupt rear ends in office

A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses.

Link

So, was God also mad at S.E. Asia, and caused the tsunami to kill 100,000's? Or what about the earthquake in Pakistan?

Of the 3 disasters, Katrina was by far the least deadly. I don't think Mayor ( School Bus ) Nagin should tempt fate by mentioning God's name at all.

Lost on this buffoon is MLK's famous "I Have a Dream" speech where King himself envisioned an America where a person's color would not be a factor.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character

Lost on this buffoon is MLK's famous "I Have a Dream" speech where King himself envisioned an America where a person's color would not be a factor.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character

212026[/snapback]

It would be very hard for Mayor Ray Nagin to take that MLK quote to heart, since he is of low character.

Nagin is a very typical liberal. Nothing more, nothing less.

I actually see a hint of promise in his rant, particularly in the comment, “We’re not taking care of ourselves.” I think that he’s on the right track when he says, “We as a people need to fix ourselves first.” These types of comments are becoming more prevalent in the black community, and it’s a breath of fresh air. When self-reliance becomes the prevailing undertone, the welfare-state Demi's lose their power. Just my opinion.

I say let 'em have their precious little chocolate city. The place stinks of garbage and feces anyway...and that was BEFORE the hurricane hit. I got noooooooooooooo problem with the Sugar Bowl being moved to Atlanta permanently. Heck, maybe we can get it moved to Birmingham since we were robbed of the SECCG venue years ago.

I got noooooooooooooo problem with the Sugar Bowl being moved to Atlanta permanently.

Awesome. We won't be expecting you anyway :D

As for Nagin's comments...he just lost every white vote that he had in New Orleans.

Idiot

Sad thing is...before and during Katrina...he did a VERY good job with the city, imo. He cleaned up NUMEROUS parts of the city and got rid of rampant mis-uses of money in many areas.

Really cleaned up the city government compared to what our previous mayor had done...who went to my High School in the city.

He was very popular because, unlike the previous mayor, he was able to be talked to by many popular, rich white people AND by the uneducated African-Americans so everyone liked him.

Well, bye bye Nagin to your easy mayors re-election.

You just lost all your white support and many of your black voters hate you because of Katrina

While you guys are focused on that insignificant issue, states are probably going to file suit with what the Oregon State Senate almost passed. I know most of us here are Goody Two-Shoes, but the definition of terrorism and confinement in interment camps is just too 1984-ish for me. Now, I know everyone at one one time or another has written an NSF check. Well, maybe there are a couple of us who haven't, but the point is write a bad check in Oregon and you are a terrorist. Download music and you are a terrorist. Block traffic and you are a terrorist. This is just getting too far out of hand for me to comfortably digest.

http://pub.das.state.or.us/LEG_BILLS/PDFs/SB742.pdf

New Orleans Mayor: Storms Sign 'God is Mad At America'

NEW ORLEANS — Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses (Moron). But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina. No racism there  :rolleyes:

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans — the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans." Jeez, I didn't think God was a racist and favored one race over another

Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader.  :blink: Isn't having imaginary conversations a sure sign that someone is crazier than a bell tower bat?

"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community — black folks I'm talking about — is ourselves.'" When your imaginary friends start talking back, you really are nuts

Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"

The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first." First step is getting anti-white, incompetent fruitcakes out of office

Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."That, and those keeping their cities inhabitants poor, dependent, and ignorant in order to keep their sorry and corrupt rear ends in office

A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses.

Link

211989[/snapback]

You're just to busy whining to pay attention.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ie=ISO-8...333333333333333

OK, you lost me there Tex. I said that his remarks were racist and opined that the mayor may be a little off his rocker. This google search of yours does nothing to disprove my statement.

OK, you lost me there Tex. I said that his remarks were racist and opined that the mayor may be a little off his rocker. This google search of yours does nothing to disprove my statement.

212299[/snapback]

You asked "where's the outrage?" I saw it on every news show and it is written about all over the place. He's now apologized the reaction was so strong and swift.

212299[/snapback]

You asked "where's the outrage?" I saw it on every news show and it is written about all over the place. He's now apologized the reaction was so strong and swift.

212303[/snapback]

Does anyone seriously buy Nagin's explanation that it takes milk to make a good chocolate drink? When he says N.O. will be an AFRICAN AMERICAN city, where's that leave any room for anyone BUT Blacks?

It sounds as if some ethnic cleansing is going down in the Big Easy. Where's the ACLU?

It sounds as if some ethnic cleansing is going down in the Big Easy. Where's the ACLU?

212312[/snapback]

Keeping a low profile, since it is another liberal democrat. And don't forget he has said he is sorry because "the reaction was so strong and swift." Not because he was wrong. Not because it never should have been said. But because "the reaction was so strong and swift."

212312[/snapback]

Keeping a low profile, since it is another liberal democrat. And don't forget he has said he is sorry because "the reaction was so strong and swift." Not because he was wrong. Not because it never should have been said. But because "the reaction was so strong and swift."

212347[/snapback]

BINGO!

This is too funny! The guy just keeps on digging. Here's what Nagin has to say now (taken from WDSU).

MAYOR RAY NAGIN: Do you know anything about chocolate?

REPORTER: I’m asking you.

NAGIN: I’m asking you.

NAGIN: Do you know anything chocolate? How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That’s the chocolate I’m talking about.

WDSU.com Video Link

The sad thing about Nagin is that alot of people consider him a race whore, and he might very well be one, however you must remember one thing about N.O. Over 90% of whites in N.O. voted for Nagin because he was considered the least radical of the black mayoral candidates. Less than 50% of the blacks voted for Nagin because they think he is an Uncle Tom. Think about the implications of that in regards to the future of a multi-cultural America.

Think about the implications of that in regards to the future of a multi-cultural America.

212413[/snapback]

Well if immigration continues as it is now, the blacks better be looking over their shoulders at the Hispanics. :(

Nagin's appology doesn't hold water ( sorry for the pun ) But it's true. His " chocolate drink " is a complete non sequitur. Anyone who reads his comments, in full, can clearly see the intended meaning.

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans — the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."
"I'm really sorry that some people took that they way they did, and that was not my intention," 

No, Mr Nagin, people took it the way in which you absolutely intended it be taken. In your own words..."I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day," Sorry, but there simply is no other way to take your words as you said them. It was MLK Jr day, you were talking to YOUR people, and felt safe and secure. Maybe you should listen more to your imaginary MLK Jr voice, the one that talks about blacks being more responsible and having more pride in their communities and themselves. We know that when you speak on your own accord, it just makes you look silly.

The worst part about this whole thing is how he called out "Uptown" specifically which is where a LOT of rich Whites lived.

So....he basically mocked them and said he didnt care then called the city whatever :no:

Archived