This just in. hot off the wire

AWK

The commitments are starting to roll in for some of the best players in the nation ... here is a list of players who have announced in the last 45 minutes:

[db]C.J. Spiller[/db] to Clemson

[db]Charles Deas[/db] to LSU

[db]Daron Rose[/db] to Florida State

[db]Knowshon Moreno[/db] to Georgia

[db]Jermaine Gresham[/db] to Oklahoma

Corey Peters to Kentucky

Emanuel Cook to South Carolina

Mon Williams to Florida

Bryant Miller to Auburn

McKenzie Mathews to Pitt

10:59 a.m.  Team Rankings

Commitment Lists

Announcement Times

Media Contacts

UF stops bleeding with Williams

Four-star running back [db]Mon Williams[/db] of Mesquite, Texas, announced this morning that he had signed with Florida. It wasn't an unexpected decision from a young man who had been a fan of the Gators for as long as he could remember. Texas A&M had made a late charge for Williams services, but it was too little, too late.

"I don't know why I started liking the Gators, I just did," Williams said. "I loved watching them play for some reason. They were the dominating team back then. It's going to be fun when we get it back like that." UF is in a neck-and-neck race with Southern Cal for the top honor in Rivals.com's team recruiting rankings.

Signing Day Announcements

Here is our current list of big announcement press conferences today ... we will continue to update this list ... (ALL TIMES EASTERN)

Gerald McCoy 11:15 a.m.

Adam Patterson 12:30 p.m.

Knowshon Moreno 1 p.m.

Aleric Mullins 1:30 p.m.

Dennis Godfrey 1:30 p.m.

Jason Kates 1 p.m.

Marcus Sims 2:30 p.m.

Damon McDaniel 3 p.m.

Tommy Gallarda 6 p.m.

Jamere Holland 9:30 p.m.

Sione Fua 9:30 p.m.

Jonas Mouton 9:30 p.m.

11:43 a.m.  USC after two from Hargrave

Chatham (Va.) Hargrave Military is a hot spot in the recruiting world. Wide receiver Vidal Hazelton and running back Keiland Williams, two five-star prospects, are expected to sign today. According to coach Robert Prunty, Hazelton will sign with Southern Cal. However, his father has not signed the letter and was supposed to be on hand today but didn't make it. This could be nothing, or it could be something that will delay things.

Williams has three envelopes with LOIs from LSU, USC and Ole Miss and is down to the Tigers and Trojans according to Prunty. He is torn between the two and as of this morning might not be able to make a decision today. Stay tuned

11:39 a.m. Clemson pulls Spiller from Florida

Lake Butler (Fla.) Union County five-star running back C.J. Spiller, the top-rated player in the Sunshine State by Rivals.com, spurned both of the intrastate powers that remained on his list and instead signed with Clemson this morning at a news conference at his school.

Florida State was the early leader, and Florida was believed to be making a late push. But Spiller shocked nearly everyone by picking the Tigers. According to TigerIllustrated.com, Spiller is the highest-rated running back to sign with Clemson in more than 20 years. Of course, the Tigers already have a pretty good running back in James Davis, a former four-star recruit out of Atlanta. He rushed for 879 yards and nine touchdowns last season as was named a Rivals.com Freshman All-American.

11:25 a.m. Spurrier lands three-star back

West Palm Beach (FL) Palm Beach Gardens safety/running back Emanuel Cook announced his commitment to South Carolina this morning at his school. The 5-foot-10, 200-pound Cook chose the Gamecocks for a few different reasons.

"I like that Coach (Steve) Spurrier was just hired, and that he's going to be there for a long time," Cook said. "I also think he's going to do big things there. They want me to come in and play tailback, and I like my chances to compete for some playing time right way."

11:23 a.m. Peters surprises, picks Kentucky

In a major surprise, Louisville (Ky.) Central defensive lineman Corey Peters, the No. 3 prospect in Kentucky in the Rivals.com player rankings, chose Kentucky over Ohio State and Auburn at a news conference this morning at his high school. Peters made official visits to Michigan, Ohio State, Kentucky, Auburn and Louisville.

The 6-3, 294-pound Peters led his team in tackles and sacks during his senior season. He is the No. 24 defensive tackle prospect in the Rivals.com player rankings. Peters joins Fort Campbell (Ky.) DE Micah Johnson and RB Demetrius Goode of LaGrange (Ga.) as four-star recruits in this class for Rich Brooks. Johnson, who committed at the end of November, had been recruiting Peters hard.

From Rivals

Archived