This is rich: Bama's War Room 11/4/05

TitanTiger

Someone over at the Rivals board saved this entry for future enjoyment. Thought you guys might also. I also inserted some of his own commentary in italics:

I cut and pasted it for future enjoyment. Here are some of the highlights of the insight provided by Travis Reier and Timothy "Default 3 Star" Watts:

“The news for Auburn isn’t very good on the Jermarcus Ricks front. Ricks, 6-foot-4, 285-pounds, is one of the nation’s best pure defensive tackle prospects and currently is leaning heavily to Alabama. This coming on the heels of his visit to the Plains. In fact, sources close to Ricks told BOL recently that it would take a major turn of events to keep Ricks from winding up at the Capstone. This would be a particularly devastating occurrence for Auburn who is struggling to sign any in-state players who don’t have bloodlines to Shug Jordan…

Alabama continues to move up the list of Peanut Whitehead, who is one of the nation’s top defensive prospects. Whitehead, 6-foot-6, 245-pounds, is listing a long list of favorites but sources indicate that he will play in the SEC and that some of his earlier favorites are falling further out of favor. The West End product loves the UA defense and has admitted he can see himself playing at Alabama. Keep an eye out for Georgia who appears to be the top competition at this point. Auburn isn’t expected to factor in (Nah. Other than the fact that he likely would have signed with AU if not for pressure from the B’ham Bama contingent and his family, Auburn wasn’t much of a factor)…

With Tremayne Coger, Marquis Johnson and Andy Davis in the fold the Tide hit on the majority of their top targets in the secondary. All three prospects rated high on the Tide board. With the numbers so tight it looks like it might be hard to squeeze in another defensive back (In actuality, they “squeezed in” 4 more) but a handful of targets have emerged as possibilities. Lock down cover corners will be the objective if another is taken ($1 to Justin Woodall, Jake Jones, Javier Arenas, and Marcus Udell)…

There has been plenty of speculation involving Tim Tebow and that is sure to continue until December 14th when he announces his decision. There’s not a lot to add here other than neither Mike Shula nor Urban Meyer is a stupid person and the fact Shula hasn’t offered another QB, in fact letting Greg McElroy commit despite wanting one from the Tide, and Meyer offering two other prospects that we know of including JUCO All-American Brent Schaeffer and commitment Jevan Snead might be some sort of signal (By the way, ignore the Gator helmet mailbox at 1102 Tebow Lane, imo)…

On another note, has anyone noticed how many national prospects, McCoy, Spiller, A.J. Jones, (Javier Arenas) and Tebow for example, are officially visiting USC, (Florida Atlantic) and Alabama? That’s proof that the Tide staff is recruiting at a very high level right now…..

Homewood star Tim Hawthorne has been warming up to the Tide and although he hasn’t narrowed his list down publicly, sources close to him believe his top 4 are Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. The situation in Knoxville has dropped the Vols down his list but they are still expected to receive and official visit. Auburn is pushing hard and might be the 5th team to receive a visit but they stand little chance at landing the 6-foot-2, 200-pounder…

Sources change their opinion almost daily when it comes to jumbo athlete Michael Goggans. Earlier this week it was thought that Goggans was going to flip at any moment and toward the middle he was telling people he was staying with the Volunteers. If he doesn’t decide soon the decision might be taken out of his hands. One thing is for sure, like most of the big name in-state kids, Auburn won’t factor in with Goggans either…”

It also mentions that BAMA (why do internet Bama fans always capitalize it as “BAMA?”) was the leader or co-leader for Jarred Fayson, Ryan Hill, Toryan Smith, and Jacques McClendon.

Quite the recruiting seers they are. :)

These goobs are blessed with the same forecasting skills as my stock broker! :big:

Proof positive that the uaters still have their toothless heads burried deep in the dark pink SAND. :lol:

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of "folks". :D

p.s. Why would these kids want to go to Auburn?....Oh, they want to WIN...Nevermind. ;)

Interesting how with every prospect they comment on the "fact" (and I use that term very loosely here) that none of these big prospects are considering Auburn, instead of focusing on where the prospects are in relation to uat, and they say we are obessed with them. lol Every "War Room" I have read on the Auburn rivals site tells me where Auburn is on the kids list and only mentions uat if they are a major player for the kid.

If we were to post this on a uat forum they would just use it as proof that we cheated and paid all the recruits to come to Auburn, because its obvious that none of them were interested in Auburn before, right?? Right?? Yeah, thats it, Auburn must have cheated. Whatever.

Wow...makes me appreciate the job Bryan and Jeffrey to on the Auburn Rivals site. Their war rooms are very very different. Very little mention of Alabama or any other school except to mention they are the other players in on somebody.

For those who aren't sure if it is worth the money, I can say this was my first full recruiting season being a member of Rivals and it was great.

I'm not trying to steer anybody away from this site and to Rivals, but it is a great tool for extra information. I enjoy this site much more for actual football conversation and reading different peoples opinions.

http://mb31.scout.com/fauburnfrm2.showMess...ID=115896.topic

Excerpts from Bama's 11/4/05 War Room, which was posted here by someone who I guess had a membership there. I cut and pasted it for future enjoyment. Here are some of the highlights of the insight provided by Travis Reier and Timothy "Default 3 Star" Watts:

“The news for Auburn isn’t very good on the Jermarcus Ricks front. Ricks, 6-foot-4, 285-pounds, is one of the nation’s best pure defensive tackle prospects and currently is leaning heavily to Alabama. This coming on the heels of his visit to the Plains. In fact, sources close to Ricks told BOL recently that it would take a major turn of events to keep Ricks from winding up at the Capstone. This would be a particularly devastating occurrence for Auburn who is struggling to sign any in-state players who don’t have bloodlines to Shug Jordan….. :lmao:

Alabama continues to move up the list of Peanut Whitehead, who is one of the nation’s top defensive prospects. Whitehead, 6-foot-6, 245-pounds, is listing a long list of favorites but sources indicate that he will play in the SEC and that some of his earlier favorites are falling further out of favor. The West End product loves the UA defense and has admitted he can see himself playing at Alabama. Keep an eye out for Georgia who appears to be the top competition at this point. Auburn isn’t expected to factor in (Nah. Other than the fact that he likely would have signed with AU if not for pressure from the B’ham Bama contingent and his family, Auburn wasn’t much of a factor)…..

With Tremayne Coger, Marquis Johnson and Andy Davis in the fold the Tide hit on the majority of their top targets in the secondary. All three prospects rated high on the Tide board. With the numbers so tight it looks like it might be hard to squeeze in another defensive back (In actuality, they “squeezed in” 4 more) but a handful of targets have emerged as possibilities. Lock down cover corners will be the objective if (You know, because it's possible they won't even have room for another one) another is taken ($1 to Justin Woodall, Jake Jones, Javier Arenas, and Marcus Udell)…..

There has been plenty of speculation involving Tim Tebow and that is sure to continue until December 14th when he announces his decision. There’s not a lot to add here other than neither Mike Shula nor Urban Meyer is a stupid person and the fact Shula hasn’t offered another QB, in fact letting Greg McElroy commit despite wanting one from the Tide, and Meyer offering two other prospects that we know of including JUCO All-American Brent Schaeffer and commitment Jevan Snead might be some sort of signal (By the way, ignore the Gator helmet mailbox at 1102 Tebow Lane, imo)…..

On another note, has anyone noticed how many national prospects, McCoy, Spiller, A.J. Jones, (Javier Arenas) and Tebow for example, are officially visiting USC, (Florida Atlantic) and Alabama? That’s proof that the Tide staff is recruiting at a very high level right now…..

Homewood star Tim Hawthorne has been warming up to the Tide and although he hasn’t narrowed his list down publicly, sources close to him believe his top 4 are Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. The situation in Knoxville has dropped the Vols down his list but they are still expected to receive and official visit. Auburn is pushing hard and might be the 5th team to receive a visit but they stand little chance at landing the 6-foot-2, 200-pounder…..

We have a Judge here that pulls no punches, especially when talking to criminals at First Appearances. His signature phrase certainly applies here.

"Boy, don't you know that stupidity is a crime in this county?" :P

This would be a particularly devastating occurrence for Auburn who is struggling to sign any in-state players who don’t have bloodlines to Shug Jordan

You know, I love and respect Coach Jordan as much as anybody, and I am old enough to have been alive and enrolled at Auburn when he was coaching us to great things. But this is the first I've ever heard of "bloodlines to Shug Jordan". We will always treasure and esteem Coach Jordan, but thank God we're not so inbred as to think think the sun still rises and sets with him. He would love to know that Auburn has continued to be successful after him, and would be the first to say "WAR EAGLE!!!" over the lofty position that CTT has us at today. But he would also think (IMHO) that anyone who based their life on what he did several decades ago was sadly confused.

I will always love and respect Coach Jordan, but I live for the present and future and I don't think he would have it any other way. It's so sad that some others are stuck in the past... and frankly (IMHO), I think he's probably not the only coach from this state in the next world that who feels that way about fans who live their lives around what used to be.

:ua: fans have a gland inside that acorn sized brain of theirs that provides them with a continuous slow drip of LSD.

Quietfan, well said! Coach Jordan was a true gentleman and he was real. On the other hand, that "other coach" was about as fake as they come. For example, it was once said by a member of the media (can't remember who) that during lunch Coach Jordan drove himself home, sat on the patio with his wife and ate lunch with buttermilk. Took a nap and then came back to the office. On the other side of the state, that one had his chauffer drive him home, sat around the pool and called his stock broker in New York to check on his millions. Yet, that other coach is the one who claimed he was a real winner because he didn't want to go back to plowing in Arkansas. The "country act" was just that---an act. I'll take Coach Jordan any day of the week. :cheer::au:

So you are slamming Bama for having a warroom that wasnt 100% accurate 3 months before signing day? Man David you really are reaching for material to slam the tide. War rooms are always considered inexact...since thats exactly what recruiting is...speculation and hearsay. Why dont you throw up the old AU war rooms and see how wrong they are?

Funny what you said about peanut. Since you have proof to back it up.

BTW...arent those premium content?

So you are slamming Bama for having a warroom that wasnt 100% accurate 3 months before signing day? Man David you really are reaching for material to slam the tide. War rooms are always considered inexact...since thats exactly what recruiting is...speculation and hearsay. Why dont you throw up the old AU war rooms and see how wrong they are?

217453[/snapback]

I don't think it's so much that his predictions were wrong, it's the snotty, arrogant tone he took (especially when discussing AU's chances with any of the kids) that's so funny now. Quotes such as:

"...a particularly devastating occurrence for Auburn who is struggling to sign any in-state players who don’t have bloodlines to Shug Jordan."

"Auburn is pushing hard and might be the 5th team to receive a visit but they stand little chance at landing the 6-foot-2, 200-pounder"

"One thing is for sure, like most of the big name in-state kids, Auburn won’t factor in with Goggans either…"

...indicate a certain amount of egotistical delusion that's hard to justify. It's not the wrongness of his predictions, it's the tone of surety that he has 3 months from signing day that's so ridiculous. It's especially funny when we ended up taking 6 of the top 12 Super Seniors according to the B'ham News.

Also, it wasn't my understanding that it was premium content. It's all over the place now. In keeping with our normal policy regarding this, I could go back and just pull the select quotes about Auburn so we don't quote the whole article, but the toothpaste is out of the tube now regardless.

We aren't bashing the incorrectness of the War Room, obviously people aren't psychics. We are bashing the jabs at Auburn in there.

If you would like we could post an Auburn War Room from that same time period and I guarantee there are no quotes like

"Alabama doesn't figure to be in the running for Earl Alexander"

"Alabama is sucking it up in recruiting and won't even crack the National top 10"

"Alabama won't be a factor for many of the states top seniors"

:puke::ua: ...

It just kills you that we're the dominant program in the state doesn't it? Having to endure ribbing from your co-workers and all you can say is "well we on a national championship in the early 90's." That must really make you feel good.

217453[/snapback]

I don't think it's so much that his predictions were wrong, it's the snotty, arrogant tone he took (especially when discussing AU's chances with any of the kids) that's so funny now. Quotes such as:

"...a particularly devastating occurrence for Auburn who is struggling to sign any in-state players who don’t have bloodlines to Shug Jordan."

"Auburn is pushing hard and might be the 5th team to receive a visit but they stand little chance at landing the 6-foot-2, 200-pounder"

"One thing is for sure, like most of the big name in-state kids, Auburn won’t factor in with Goggans either…"

...indicate a certain amount of egotistical delusion that's hard to justify. It's not the wrongness of his predictions, it's the tone of surety that he has 3 months from signing day that's so ridiculous. It's especially funny when we ended up taking 6 of the top 12 Super Seniors according to the B'ham News.

Also, it wasn't my understanding that it was premium content. It's all over the place now. In keeping with our normal policy regarding this, I could go back and just pull the select quotes about Auburn so we don't quote the whole article, but the toothpaste is out of the tube now regardless.

217470[/snapback]

You need to realize that since they commited to us they are no longer part of the Super Twelve in most of the bammer nations' eyes. More like the decently middle of the road players who may have played the game before players. Only denny Chimes gets players that are Super. :roflol::roflol:

217453[/snapback]

217470[/snapback]

You need to realize that since they commited to us they are no longer part of the Super Twelve in most of the bammer nations' eyes. More like the decently middle of the road players who may have played the game before players. Only denny Chimes gets players that are Super. :roflol::roflol:

217476[/snapback]

It's got to hurt the Bammers to know all those "non super" players have handed their :moon: to them four consecutive years! :lmao::lmao:

Yeah...its a good thing that type of stuff never comes out of AU war rooms. Man Bryan Matthews at auburnsports.com is the most condescending passive aggressive bama basher on earth.

It just kills you that we're the dominant program in the state doesn't it? Having to endure ribbing from your co-workers and all you can say is "well we on a national championship in the early 90's." That must really make you feel good.

Nah Ill take our 10 win season that ended with a cotton bowl victory.

Yeah...its a good thing that type of stuff never comes out of AU war rooms. Man Bryan Matthews at auburnsports.com is the most condescending passive aggressive bama basher on earth.

217525[/snapback]

Glad that makes you happy dude. I'll take 28-20, four in a row and 1538 days (and counting) since we lost to bama :cheer::cheer:

Now Fear The Thumb

Glad that makes you happy dude. I'll take 28-20, four in a row and 1538 days (and counting) since we lost to bama :cheer::cheer:

Now Fear The Thumb

217531[/snapback]

I'll take four-in-a-row too.

Even Finebaum said that 1 more win in season doesn't mean crap when you lose to your rival, especially for the 4th straight time. WDE

I can assure you there is ZERO "happiness" in west Vance, al.

Coach Tommy Tuberville and the Auburn Tigers O W N uat. :D:au::cheer:

YOU know it. I know it and THEY know it! ! ! :football::au:

217525[/snapback]

28-18!!! Nuff Said!

:au::homer:

217525[/snapback]

28-18!!! Nuff Said!

:au::homer:

217607[/snapback]

What he said! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

28-18!!! Nuff Said!

Archived