Hey Libs, answer us this one, k?

AURaptor

Just because the DPW is a U.A.E, company, why should we not allow them to run our ports? Just because they are from a MUSLIM country?

I thought racial profiling was WRONG.

Weren't we told that to look for middle eastern men in airports was racist ?

How then does Hillary explain herself w/ this legislation?

Won't the ACLU be angry ?

Well?

Would that be the Hillary Clinton that's working WITH Republican Sen. John Warner to find a compromise?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11522460/

WASHINGTON - At a Senate Armed Services Committee briefing Thursday on whether a Dubai-based company should be allowed to acquire leases of terminal facilities at six U.S. ports, both Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., a critic of the deal, and committee chairman Sen. John Warner, R-Va., who is not opposed to it, pointed to a compromise that might avoid a confrontation with President Bush.

The possible way to defuse the conflict: a new 45-day re-investigation by the inter-agency group, the Committee on Foreign Investment (CFIUS) to re-examine the national security implications of the deal. “That may be the first step in trying to resolve this matter,” Clinton said.

Meanwhile, as I posted on the other thread, seems she's hardly the only person in Congress who sees problems with this deal:

http://today.reuters.com/investing/finance...57-15_N219976:1

Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist:

“If the administration cannot delay the process, I plan on introducing legislation to ensure that the deal is placed on hold until … a more thorough review. These deals could have a major impact on America's security…”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11517474/

Rep. Jim Saxton, Republican from New Jersey:

“This deal doesn't pass the national security test, …I think it's a mistake”.

Rep. Vito Fosella, Republican from New York:

“I think somebody dropped the ball.”

Rep. Sue Myrick, Republican from North Carolina:

“Dear Mr. President: ….not just NO — but HELL NO!”

Just because the DPW is a  U.A.E, company,  why should we not allow them to run our ports? Just because they are from a MUSLIM country?

221738[/snapback]

Because DPW is a government-owned company. Especially, because they are Muslim. I don't like 'em.

I thought racial profiling was WRONG.

221738[/snapback]

You thought wrong.

Weren't we told that to look for middle eastern men in airports was racist ?

221738[/snapback]

Maybe in the eyes of some, but I don't consider it racial profiling. I call it good police work.

How then does Hillary explain herself w/ this legislation?

221738[/snapback]

This legislation is an effort to keep another govenrment from controlling our ports. You know, the same ports the military uses. Plus, Hillary is dangerous at any speed.

Won't the ACLU be angry ?

221738[/snapback]

Who cares what the ACLU says concerning this matter? I know I don't. It is obvious, now, that the Bush administration has lost it's rudder. That is if they ever had one. This is a very strange turn of events.

Archived