Academic Progress Reports

quietfan

New NCAA Academic Progress Reports are supposed to come out today, with scholarships on the line for the first time. Anyone know a source or website to see these as soon as possible? ...just curious.

Just found this...It looks as if Auburn is okay, and I haven't checked anyone else out yet.

Just scroll to find a school.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/legacysitev...l_apr_data.html

**edit** Maybe basketball is not in the greatest shape after all.

Check out the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa though.

:blink:

tried this several times this morning..and get a 403 forbidden error on the page. anybody else getting tis error?

This is the top 10% of football scores. Pretty elite company!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for our football team.

Men's Football

Auburn University

Boston College

Brown University

Bucknell University

Colgate University

College of William and Mary

Cornell University

Dartmouth College

Davidson College

Duke University

Eastern Kentucky University

Furman University

Harvard University

Lafayette College

Princeton University

Samford University

Stanford University

U.S. Naval Academy

University of Dayton

University of New Hampshire

University of Pennsylvania

Villanova University

Wofford College

After further searching...here are the sports we had in the top 10%

Auburn University

Men's Cross Country

Men's Football

Men's Golf

And some notables

Alabama had womens volleyball in the top 10

LSU had men's tennis in the top 10

UGA didn't have any sports in the top 10.

Football APR's

Auburn 981

Alabama 916

LSU 935

Georgia 950

I hadn't noticed that.  Auburn is the only SEC school in the top 10 percentile in Football.  Keep up the great work staff!

222766[/snapback]

Outside of BC and Stanford, we are the only major program in the top 10%. Well, assuming you consider BC and Stanford major programs. :au:

I hadn't noticed that.  Auburn is the only SEC school in the top 10 percentile in Football.  Keep up the great work staff!

222766[/snapback]

Outside of BC and Stanford, we are the only major program in the top 10%. Well, assuming you consider BC and Stanford major programs. :au:

222777[/snapback]

Yeah, looks like we might be the only school in the Top Ten APR football rating AND the Top Ten AP/BCS football polls this fall! :cheer:

in the sec, only vandy, with four, had more than auburn's three top ten % programs, and florida matched our number. that's pretty good. three other schools had zero, not just uga: uk, usc, and ut. bama, arkansas, ole miss, msu, and lsu all had one.

i like to see stuff like this. i just wonder why our basketball team is so low when they clearly aren't spending all that extra time on the practice courts... that was mean. sorry.

I just noticed something else. They have the University of Alabama campuses listed as:

University of Alabama at Birmingham

University of Alabama, Huntsville

University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.

Guess that means UAT resembles UAH more than it resembles UAB. :big: And although there is an "Auburn University" (as in AU) on the list, I couldn't find a "University of Alabama" (as in UA)!

So I suppose to be correct in the eyes of the NCAA, I will have to continue to refer to that school in West Vance as "UAT" even if it bothers the "UA-ers". :rolleyes:

I just noticed something else.  They have the University of Alabama campuses listed as:

Guess that means UAT resembles UAH more than it resembles UAB.  :big:     And although there is an "Auburn University" (as in AU) on the list, I couldn't find a "University of Alabama" (as in UA)!

So I suppose to be correct in the eyes of the NCAA, I will have to continue to refer to that school in West Vance as "UAT" even if it bothers the "UA-ers".  :rolleyes:

222790[/snapback]

Who are we to argue with the NCAA, right?

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

I just noticed something else.  They have the University of Alabama campuses listed as:

Guess that means UAT resembles UAH more than it resembles UAB.  :big:     And although there is an "Auburn University" (as in AU) on the list, I couldn't find a "University of Alabama" (as in UA)!

So I suppose to be correct in the eyes of the NCAA, I will have to continue to refer to that school in West Vance as "UAT" even if it bothers the "UA-ers".  :rolleyes:

222790[/snapback]

Who are we to argue with the NCAA, right?

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

222792[/snapback]

the ncaa lists them this way everywhere. see we've always been right.. :big:

222790[/snapback]

:lol::lol::roflol::roflol::thumbsup:

in the sec, only vandy, with four, had more than auburn's three top ten % programs, and florida matched our number. that's pretty good. three other schools had zero, not just uga: uk, usc, and ut. bama, arkansas, ole miss, msu,  and lsu all had one.

i like to see stuff like this. i just wonder why our basketball team is so low when they clearly aren't spending all that extra time on the practice courts... that was mean. sorry.

222789[/snapback]

Basketball was no doubt hurt by transfers - particularly Brandon Robinson (was that his name?), who supposedly was headed for academic ineligibility....

Wow - remember he bent a rim during a game, and we went on probation because of his AAU coach, but can't remember his name - should have hit the books and stayed on the team, buddy!

Outside of BC and Stanford, we are the only major program in the top 10%.  Well, assuming you consider BC and Stanford major programs.  :au:

222777[/snapback]

What about the Dookies? Surely mighty, proud, eat-up-with-tradishun uat would not play a road game against someone who is not considered a major program?

(Oh, they actually did recently? And LOST?)

We are the highest of the public schools - awesome. Hopefully those kind of numbers will stay there, tho Stanley will hurt us soon :/

Great Job CTT and staff and GREAT JOB ATHLETES. This ranking is a testament to the quality of people like Eddie Gran, Joe Whitt and other staff, assistants and players at AU. They're just good people and I'm proud of all of 'em.

Guest Tigrinum Major
We are the highest of the public schools - awesome. Hopefully those kind of numbers will stay there, tho Stanley will hurt us soon :/

222854[/snapback]

I thought players that left a team early for a professional career did not count as a negative as long as they were in good academic standing at the time they left.

Anyone know for sure?

Only five I-A football programs reached the top 10 percent of Division I APR scores, the latest measurement of academic performance, released by the NCAA yesterday. Duke, Stanford and Navy? No surprise. Auburn and Boston College? Big surprise. Three of the five went to bowl games. Turns out you can study and win.

Ivan Maisel's three-point stance on espn.com

Guest Tigrinum Major

222854[/snapback]

I thought players that left a team early for a professional career did not count as a negative as long as they were in good academic standing at the time they left.

Anyone know for sure?

222881[/snapback]

Ok, I did a little research and yes, he will count against us, but he will not be an "0-for-2" since he was in good academic standing when he left. Same goes for Tony Bell, as far as I know.

You gotta expect some kids to leave, for a variety of reasons, but as long as they leave in good acedemic standing, the effects are mitigated.

222854[/snapback]

Anyone know for sure?

222881[/snapback]

Ok, I did a little research and yes, he will count against us, but he will not be an "0-for-2" since he was in good academic standing when he left. Same goes for Tony Bell, as far as I know.

You gotta expect some kids to leave, for a variety of reasons, but as long as they leave in good acedemic standing, the effects are mitigated.

222883[/snapback]

Yes, but I think we all agree that as long as they leave in good academic standing there should be absolutely ZERO effects on an Academic Progress Report (Or at least change the name to "Academic Progress and Retention")

222854[/snapback]

Anyone know for sure?

222881[/snapback]

that is the way I understood it to be as well. Aren't we lucky to have a coach like Tuberville? He does everything the right way and we should all be very proud of this program.

This is great! i couldn't be prouder of our football program. We are a perennial top 15 team. We will be in the hunt for the MNC on a regular basis. We are playing in the toughest half of the toughest conference in the nation with a year in and year out aggreement to play the thoughest east team. We have been in the hunt for the SEC west crown every year since CTT has been here.

And we are head and shoulders above our peers in the class room!

For those who have doubted CTT over the years I hope this shows the quality of team he is building. He builds their skills. He builds their minds. He builds their hearts (Thanks Chette!). He is not just building a team, he is making men from boys. I think that this really shows when you come and play at AU for CTT that you will come away a special person ready to be succesful in any career you choose.

Wow!!

This is great! i couldn't be prouder of our football program. We are a perennial top 15 team. We will be in the hunt for the MNC on a regular basis. We are playing in the toughest half of the toughest conference in the nation with a year in and year out aggreement to play the thoughest east team. We have been in the hunt for the SEC west crown every year since CTT has been here.

And we are head and shoulders above our peers in the class room!

For those who have doubted CTT over the years I hope this shows the quality of team he is building. He builds their skills. He builds their minds. He builds their hearts (Thanks Chette!). He is not just building a team, he is making men from boys. I think that this really shows when you come and play at AU for CTT that you will come away a special person ready to be succesful in any career you choose.

Wow!!

222907[/snapback]

AMEN!

Archived