Steroids and Sports

DKW 86

Well the good news is that if the book is a lie all Bonds has to do is sue the sheeeet out of the authors. Remember how Bo threatened suit on that goofball paper and reporter in california who accused him of steroid use and they IMMEDIATELY retracted.

Something tells me bonds isn't gonna sue.

Character: Who we are and what we do when we THINK nobody is watching.

One of the biggest problems in society today is the lack of CHARACTER.

223733[/snapback]

Amen...

If I remember correctly (and I'm doing less of that as I get older), McGwire used Andro and even had it out in plain view in his locker during his 70-HR year.  The stuff was still legal in baseball at that time.

1. I always thought it was awfully strange that mcguire had his andro on display for the reporters to see. Almost like he was saying, "See guys, this is all I use".

2. Steroids are illegal and it was never ok to use them in baseball. They just didn't test for it.

3. Mcguire refused to answer any questions about steroid use at the hearings and evn cried while refusing to answer questions.

224046[/snapback]

Well until recently many in baseball thought that weight lifting would leave you "muscle bound" and unable to be an effective baseball player. :blink: It was not until 10-15 years ago that steriods became an issue. MLB turned a blind eye in order to sell tickets after the 94(?) strike season. :puke: I have not watched since then, too much like WWE. Plus my Pirates are in a 10-20 year rebuilding cycle...

If I remember correctly (and I'm doing less of that as I get older), McGwire used Andro and even had it out in plain view in his locker during his 70-HR year.  The stuff was still legal in baseball at that time.

1. I always thought it was awfully strange that mcguire had his andro on display for the reporters to see. Almost like he was saying, "See guys, this is all I use".

2. Steroids are illegal and it was never ok to use them in baseball. They just didn't test for it.

3. Mcguire refused to answer any questions about steroid use at the hearings and evn cried while refusing to answer questions.

224046[/snapback]

Well until recently many in baseball thought that weight lifting would leave you "muscle bound" and unable to be an effective baseball player. :blink: It was not until 10-15 years ago that steriods became an issue. MLB turned a blind eye in order to sell tickets after the 94(?) strike season. :puke: I have not watched since then, too much like WWE. Plus my Pirates are in a 10-20 year rebuilding cycle...

224071[/snapback]

Wow I'm getting old...make that 20 years ago. B)

Remember when Mcguire and The Consecos played for the Huntsville Stars??? Parkway Jose??? That's when I believe pandora's box was opened...

Why can't MLB just ban Bonds from baseball altogether, what good does he bring to the game? He is a jerk of the highest caliber and his whole overt racist attitude towards white hitters is laughable/sad. Raven, your beloved Pirates are not rebuilding they are just stuck in suck.

If they were to take Bonds records out, McGwire's-Sosa-Palmarieo-everyone would need to have their record stripped.

Until Bonds tests positive or something 100% concrete comes out, they won't take Bonds numbers out.

You just can't.

Everyone knows that all these guys cheated but they would need to prove it 110%

224023[/snapback]

Sure you can. I'm not saying just take them off the books because of heresay. I'm saying if proven to have used illegal substances or self admits to using illegal substances, then any records they achieved, are erased and reverted back to the previous record holder. You can even still list them if it makes you happy, but list them at the END of the entire list, whether its top 20 or top 100, with an * next to their name/record.

Besides, if Bonds isn't quick to deny it, which I haven't heard him do yet, then there is obviously some truth to it. Just like a fellow poster said, when that reporter came out that Bo was using, he threatened a suit and the story was immediately retracted. I admitedly don't listen to the sports news very often, i get it off the net, but i haven't seen or heard anything from Bonds denying the story. If he's innocent where is his denial and where are his attorney's putting together a lawsuit??

Sure you can.  I'm not saying just take them off the books because of heresay.  I'm saying if proven to have used illegal substances or self admits to using illegal substances, then any records they achieved, are erased and reverted back to the previous record holder.  You can even still list them if it makes you happy, but list them at the END of the entire list, whether its top 20 or top 100, with an * next to their name/record. 

Besides, if Bonds isn't quick to deny it, which I haven't heard him do yet, then there is obviously some truth to it.  Just like a fellow poster said, when that reporter came out that Bo was using, he threatened a suit and the story was immediately retracted.  I admitedly don't listen to the sports news very often, i get it off the net, but i haven't seen or heard anything from Bonds denying the story.  If he's innocent where is his denial and where are his attorney's putting together a lawsuit??

224078[/snapback]

The reality is that unless Bonds admits to it or fails a test, this book nor the BALCO case will be enough to take Bonds name off the record books or put an * by it.

TSN.com's insider section had a great article on Selig and the Bonds issue and Selig made it incredibly clear that barring a failed drug test or admittance, nothing would be done because they would not be able to do anything.

You can't take Bonds name off or put an * unless there is 110% proof. Right now, there isn't. Of course Bonds DID cheat and DID take the steroids but the book can't officially be used as a 100% source.

I know people will point to the BALCO files but those were supposed to be kept secret thus I doubt Selig or MLB uses that against Bonds.

As for Sosa, ext....we couldn't prove they were using steroids....thus, we can't do anything to their names.

Rafy is about the only one I see MLB maybe doing something

Raven, your beloved Pirates are not rebuilding they are just stuck in suck.

224075[/snapback]

I'm not listening... :lol:

This year we may break .500... :cheer:

I'm just :poke: you, in fact I root for the small franchise teams in baseball, I mean who wouldn't want the Brewers in the playoffs or the Pirates.

Bonds is a punk..... on espn they showed his last 5 years compared to the rest of his career and the difference in the #'s is crazy....the production he has had since he has been accused of using streroids is more than he can hide from

Archived