Best Phenom to Pro Star??

Scottie4AU

There was that Bo Jackson guy. Made a little splash in two pro sports after winning the Heisman. And Deon Sanders comes to mind.  :D

:au:   :homer:

227232[/snapback]

He wasn't even the top rated running back in the state during high school. In fact, he wasn't even the highest rated prospect at Auburn that year.

227235[/snapback]

But he was a Phenom who made it in the pros...yes?

:au::homer:

Guest Tigrinum Major
There was that Bo Jackson guy. Made a little splash in two pro sports after winning the Heisman. And Deon Sanders comes to mind.  :D

227232[/snapback]

He wasn't even the top rated running back in the state during high school. In fact, he wasn't even the highest rated prospect at Auburn that year.

227235[/snapback]

227324[/snapback]

He wasn't a phenom at the time he was in high school, for whatever reason. "Phenom" to me means someone whose hype was so outrageous that it was mythical by the time he got to college (Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Todd Marinovich, Carnell Williams) that it is a major story by teh time he reaches the college practice field. Bo was not that type of player, for some inexplicable reason. By the time he walked off the field in his first game, he was. But not before.

Semantics, really.

This year's SEC phenoms: Mitch Mustain, Tim Tebow and Matthew Stafford.

Most likely to make an impact: Ben Tate.

227232[/snapback]

227235[/snapback]

227324[/snapback]

He wasn't a phenom at the time he was in high school, for whatever reason. "Phenom" to me means someone whose hype was so outrageous that it was mythical by the time he got to college (Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Todd Marinovich, Carnell Williams) that it is a major story by teh time he reaches the college practice field. Bo was not that type of player, for some inexplicable reason. By the time he walked off the field in his first game, he was. But not before.

Semantics, really.

227326[/snapback]

Major you forgot Greg McElroy he might be more than phenom status I think he is a 6 star :roflol:

Semantics, really.

227326[/snapback]

Carnell was a highly rated recruit but weren't there 3 or 4 other backs in the Southeast that year who were higher rated? To me, that doesn't put him in the Phenom category. I'm not arguing about the value of recruiting rankings or how wrong they were about those other backs but trying to recall the past accurately.

Archived