DE Commitment

Guest Tigrinum Major

6'5" 291. Good speed. Sounds like a tackle on one side or the other. This Staff has proven to be good judges of talent and character. Welcome & WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

We are recruiting him as a Offensive Lineman, or possible TE. This is the first time that I can remember that we've had more than one commitment right around spring......Looks like recruiting is already shaping up as a Hella Good One, hopefully. War "BY GOD" Eagle.

We are recruiting him as a Offensive Lineman, or possible TE. This is the first time that I can remember that we've had more than one commitment right around spring......Looks like recruiting is already shaping up as a Hella Good One, hopefully. War "BY GOD" Eagle.

I think it's b/c these kids see :au: as a hot school and figure they need to fill a spot while it's still available. It might be a reach, but I figure CTT to be holding 10 commitments when the season starts. Should allow for some ultra selectivity.

He's an OL...article from the AL.com blog: :au::homer:

Friday, April 07, 2006

Quotes from Kyle Coulahan on his commitment

As told to Bryan Matthews of rivals.com

"I asked coach (Steve) Ensminger a lot of questions about how Auburn played and how they were as a team," said Coulahan. "We talked about how well Auburn got along as a team."

"I feel really comfortable at Auburn," he said. "It feels right and that's why I chose to commit there. I'm very happy. I'm very honored to play for a school like Auburn. It's also somewhat of a relief to get the recruiting part over."

"I called them this morning and told them I wanted to play for Auburn," said Coulahan. "Coach (Hugh) Nall was very excited. He's extremely happy and pleased that I'm coming there.

"Coach Nall said I couldn't have a better opportunity to play (early) with the depth chart they have. I'm guessing they are low on offensive tackles."

"I like both sides of the ball. I've played a little bit on both sides," said Coulahan. "I learn pretty quickly and I believe I'll be able to pick it up pretty quickly on offense.

"Coach Nall said by the way I play defense and move my hips and explode off the ball and my aggression, I'm the kind of offensive tackle he wants. He said these days offensive tackles need to be able to move not just back and forth but laterally too."

"I had a fun time with the coaches at the camp," he said. "They were nice people and I learned a lot and it made me a better football player. When I went to the Junior Day I saw the football players on the field and how much fun they were having but they were working hard. That's what I like."

"They are very happy and pleased I'm going to Auburn," said Coulahan. "They just wanted me to make the decision wherever I felt comfortable at. We love college football but we've never had a favorite team or anything like that.

"I feel comfortable going to Auburn. I feel strong about my commitment."

Print | Send To A Friend | Permalink (Learn More)

Archived