Hogan's Heroes!

AWK

Auburn football, professional wrestling and the “Top Gun†soundtrack collided on television last week in a bizarre beachside serenade.

Auburn football players Jake Slaughter, Sam Rives and Andrew Turman sang an a cappella version of the Righteous Brothers’ “You’ve Lost that Lovin’ Feeling†to Brooke Hogan, daughter of wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan, when she was in Key West during spring break 2005. Brooke’s camera crew caught it on tape, and the song aired last week on the VH1 show “Hogan Knows Best.â€Â

The students first serenaded Brooke on a public beach, where they just happened to notice her passing by.

“We actually didn’t even know who it was when we did it,†said senior Andrew Turman. “We just saw a girl with cameras behind her and decided to go up and do it. It was after the fact when we found out it was Hulk Hogan’s daughter.â€Â

This performance was not the first time the students had spontaneously burst into song.

“That was something we were doing,†alumnus Sam Rives said. “Anytime we’d see a good-looking girl walk by, we’d sing that to her.â€Â

Alumnus Jake Slaughter said everyone who sang to Brooke was a “big-time†fan of Hulk Hogan in his Wrestlemania days.

“I was a fan back in the day  old school with Andre the Giant and Ultimate Warrior,†Rives said.

Less could be said about the players’ following of Brooke and her music career.

“I’ve never really listened to her, but she’s OK, I guess,†Turman said.

“We thought she was pretty,†Slaughter said. “She had cameras all around her, but we didn’t know who she was.â€Â

Even for television stars, being serenaded by burly football stars can be alarming; Brooke’s reaction to the impromptu song was shock.

“She was kind of embarrassed at first,†Slaughter said. “But we taught her some dance moves.â€Â

The players got a chance to sing yet again when they were waiting to get into a restaurant in downtown Key West. A producer from the Hogan’s show approached them and asked if they would perform their routine again for the whole Hogan family, which was dining inside.

“We were all pumped up to meet him,†Slaughter said.

The players started to sing “You’ve Lost that Lovin’ Feeling†once more to Brooke, with the rest of the family watching, along with the Hulkster himself.

“I saw him kind of buff up, like he wasn’t too happy with it,†Slaughter said.

But Slaughter saw a producer make his way to the table and whisper something to Hogan, who then relaxed.

“He’s a nice guy,†Slaughter said. “Everyone got a real kick out of it.â€Â

Even for towering Auburn football players, singing in front of the 6-foot-5 Hulk can be intimidating.

“He’s huge,†Turman said. “He’s even bigger than you’d think he is. And his daughter’s big, too. She’s about 6-foot-1.â€Â

Giant father and daughter soon warmed to the Auburn football players, even inviting them to see a show with them.

“They were both really cool,†Rives said. “He took time out to talk to us, ask us where we were from. She was really cool, too. She hung around for about 20 minutes.â€Â

As for the choice of song, why The Righteous Brothers?

“We all just love the movie ‘Top Gun,’†Slaughter said. “I guess we just wanted to do kind of a parody of that.â€Â

When Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield sang “Baby, baby, I get down on my knees for you, if you would only love me like you used to do,†they probably didn’t imagine footballers singing those words to a professional wrestler and his daughter.

But if it worked for Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis, it’s no wonder it worked for Hulk Hogan and Auburn football.

Priceless :roflol:

Top Gun

Unbelievable BROTHER!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

Archived