Final take on LY's death...

DKW 86

Please excuse the profoundly ugly nature of all this but I REALLY feel others NEED to hear this. Out of control drinking is a huge problem in this country... It affects the young, the old, the rich and the poor. I have worked in a rescue mission. I feel for the families and friends. I no longer feel that much compassion for the abusers however. Excuse me if this sounds very critical. Maybe others (Hello Kenny Stabler) will learn from this.

Yesterday, while riding to the ball field for Ethan's tee-ball game, I tuned into the PFS.

I heard so much stuff from Tide fans at work that I was just plain curious. You see, to many wearers of the dark pink, they are just happy that a fellow Bama fan hasnt been fingered in all this. Now, the very idea that you worry about that means that you or your friends have actually thought about killing LY for the probation stuff. :blink: This is just a kid's game people!

Now for the funny/SAD stuff from PF...

Seems there was a plea deal for LY while he was under house arrest. He had agreed to not drink for the duration of the house arrest. PF now says that his sources are telling him that LY was drunk when he fell. That was why he would not call 911 for an ambulance and ultimately why he bled to death.

He was drunk (another Bammer tradishun if there ever was one, Hello Kenny Stabler, et al), and calling 911 would have shown him as drunk and in violation of his plea deal and sent him to jail.

So you see, according to PF, LY died trying to not go to jail for violating his plea deal for being drunk.

He died OF STOOPIDITY.

Signs you are a problem drinker:

1) He was under a plea deal not to drink.

2) He was in violation of his plea deal carrying out a Bammer Tradishun.(Hello Kenny Stabler)

3) He fell and cut himself because he was sssooo drunk, according to PF.

4) He was on coumadin to thin his blood.

5) He was told about a 100 times any cut or fall would/could be life threatening. Any fall or cut could start him bleeding INTERNALLY OR EXTERNALLY AND BE LIFE THREATENING.

6) All this came about because he had ALREADY drunk himself into a kidney transplant. :blink:

He took all that in, drank anyway, and is now dead.

I feel for his family and for his friends. But this is just like any other drunk that had already drunk himself into poor health. He died OF STOOPIDITY.

Apologies to the friends or family members here. But this is so sad on so many levels that words really fail me. If there is one person out there that wakes up to the situation he is in as well (Hello Kenny Stabler) then it was not all in vain.

when all the "accident" reports started coming out I thought that the only way this is true is that if he was drunk (and i mean backin your car into a tree twice at the KEG drunk). But you don't want to say something like that cause people will rip into you for bein insensitive. But good lord that is the only plausible excuse for the chain of events laid out by the memphis after school detectives.

Please excuse the profoundly ugly nature of all this but I REALLY feel others NEED to hear this. Out of control drinking is a huge problem in this country... It affects the young, the old, the rich and the poor. I have worked in a rescue mission. I feel for the families and friends. I no longer feel that much compassion for the abusers however. Excuse me if this sounds very critical. Maybe others (Hello Kenny Stabler) will learn from this.

Yesterday, while riding to the ball field for Ethan's tee-ball game, I tuned into the PFS.

I heard so much stuff from Tide fans at work that I was just plain curious. You see, to many wearers of the dark pink, they are just happy that a fellow Bama fan hasnt been fingered in all this. Now, the very idea that you worry about that means that you or your friends have actually thought about killing LY for the probation stuff.  :blink: This is just a kid's game people!

Now for the funny/SAD stuff from PF...

Seems there was a plea deal for LY while he was under house arrest. He had agreed to not drink for the duration of the house arrest. PF now says that his sources are telling him that LY was drunk when he fell. That was why he would not call 911 for an ambulance and ultimately why he bled to death.

He was drunk (another Bammer tradishun if there ever was one, Hello Kenny Stabler, et al), and calling 911 would have shown him as drunk and in violation of  his plea deal and sent him to jail.

So you see, according to PF, LY died trying to not go to jail for violating his plea deal for being drunk.

He died OF STOOPIDITY.

Signs you are a problem drinker:

1) He was under a plea deal not to drink.

2) He was in violation of his plea deal carrying out a Bammer Tradishun.(Hello Kenny Stabler)

3) He fell and cut himself because he was sssooo drunk, according to PF.

4) He was on coumadin to thin his blood.

5) He was told about a 100 times any cut or fall would/could be life threatening. Any fall or cut could start him bleeding INTERNALLY OR EXTERNALLY AND BE LIFE THREATENING.

6) All this came about because he had ALREADY drunk himself into a kidney transplant. :blink:

He took all that in, drank anyway, and is now dead.

I feel for his family and for his friends. But this is just like any other drunk that had already drunk himself into poor health. He died OF STOOPIDITY.

Apologies to the friends or family members here. But this is so sad on so many levels that words really fail me. If there is one person out there that wakes up to the situation he is in as well (Hello Kenny Stabler) then it was not all in vain.

231108[/snapback]

I know its fun to rip on Bammers...but calling alcohol abuse a "Bammer Tradishun" (three times in one article) seems a little high and mighty. Every fan base in every sport (every group in general) has their share of alcohol abusers. We've all sat next to that abnoxious drunk guy at games, even ::Gasp:: Auburn games. I know that Alabama has had their share of alcoholics (Namath, Stabler [who my father claims have seen drinking in a NYC bar the night before a game against the Jets], the Bear, etc.) but refering to alcoholism as "Bammer Tradishun" is an ignorant and bigoted. just my .02..carry on with the bama bashing.

Kidney failure can result from diabetes, hypertension, intrinsic kidney defects, autoimmune disorder, and other causes. Granted that alcoholism can exacerbate several of these conditions I know of no evidence showing direct causality between alcohol abuse and kidney failure.

I am not trying to diminish the horrors of alcohol abuse (I was (am) the child of a functioning alcoholic) and I heartily agree with the substance of the original post but did want to address this particular point.

If anyone is aware of evidence of direct causality please post.

Also - just curious - why was he on warfarin (Coumadin)? Alcohol abuse, chronic or episodic, can play havoc with bleeding times and cause excessive bleeding from injury or spontaneous cerebral bleeding (stroke).

We've all sat next to that abnoxious drunk guy at games, even ::Gasp:: Auburn games.

Oh crap...what section do you sit in??? Do I need to apologize to a wife or something???

We've all sat next to that abnoxious drunk guy at games, even ::Gasp:: Auburn games.

Oh crap...what section do you sit in??? Do I need to apologize to a wife or something???

231130[/snapback]

Student section! :D I don't think anyone is sober there.

Tarheel: The coumadin was for a recent kidney transplant, I am told.

G2: I am talking serious alcohol abuse here not social drinking.

Kunzel: That was simply a :poke: at the Bammers from me. Stabler, Bear, Namath, Parker-Wilson, Palmer, King, etc. They have a very lengthy history with alcohol abuse, drunk driving, etc.

Kunzel: That was simply a :poke: at the Bammers from me. Stabler, Bear, Namath, Parker-Wilson, Palmer, King, etc. They have a very lengthy history with alcohol abuse, drunk driving, etc.

231201[/snapback]

1 reference is a :poke: 3 is a :moon: ....just my opinion, don't let me tell you how to write on the message board

231201[/snapback]

1 reference is a :poke: 3 is a :moon: ....just my opinion, don't let me tell you how to write on the message board

231203[/snapback]

It seems you are doing an admirable job at present.... ;)

231201[/snapback]

231203[/snapback]

It seems you are doing an admirable job at present.... ;)

231208[/snapback]

LOLOL!!! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Archived