Blown Calls

JohnDeere

I dunno, I think some of you all are crazy

If a guy is not in bounds and catches a ball in the endzone and they call it a TD...which is incorrect...it does change the outcome and thus the win/loss of the game.

I think an official can screw a team out of a win with a call like that.

231940[/snapback]

And they have MANY, MANY times...especially at Legion Field. ;)

:au::homer:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LSU phantom whistle game.

What year was that?

I am picturing Nix, maybe Cobb giving the perplexied look, "Like who is blowing the play dead?"

That should have been a 15 yard Unsportsmanlike on LSU or at least a warning, just like idiots throwing stuff on the field. Instead, its a delay of game on AU, 4th and long. AU punts and never threatens the rest of the game.

What AU games do you remember that the Tigers had a real chance to win, but due to a blown call or poor officiating; the scoreboard reflected an AU loss?

#1 in my book, the UGA game 02. Clearly offensive pass interference in the endzone, to give UGA the lead.

231409[/snapback]

DON't u mean `03???

1994 Alabama game - Frank Sanders gets a first down on a last second drive, horrible horrible spot on 4th down gives Bama the ball, AU loses 21-14

1992 Georgia game - Officials forget to set the ball in play for AU's next play, AU is left at the 1 yard line as time expires..

1992 makes me sick to this day..

231456[/snapback]

WORST OFFICIATING EVER IS STILL LAST YEAR'S GT GAME...free shots on Cox day! :puke::puke::puke:

The `94 spot was the worst spot ever in an Iron Bowl........over a yard off!

What AU games do you remember that the Tigers had a real chance to win, but due to a blown call or poor officiating; the scoreboard reflected an AU loss?

#1 in my book, the UGA game 02. Clearly offensive pass interference in the endzone, to give UGA the lead.

231409[/snapback]

DON't u mean `03???

232232[/snapback]

The 03 game at Athens wasn't even close.

The LSU phantom whistle game.

What year was that?

I am picturing Nix, maybe Cobb giving the perplexied look, "Like who is blowing the play dead?"

That should have been a 15 yard Unsportsmanlike on LSU or at least a warning, just like idiots throwing stuff on the field. Instead, its a delay of game on AU, 4th and long. AU punts and never threatens the rest of the game.

232165[/snapback]

1995, Patrick Nix.

Archived