Ivan Maisel calls a bammer delusional

WeagleDMS

I was reading this chat with Ivan Maisel on espn.com and I stumbled upon this little gem

JOHN (Jupiter, FL): Hey Ivan, Alabama has some tough SEC road games and a cupcake non-conference schedule. If the Tide gets by the Hogs and Gators in Sept. Those are big IF's. Do you think they could win the SEC? With UT, LSU, and AU still ahead. I expect at least 9 wins but will settle for 8 as long as they beat Auburn. Your thoughts?

Ivan Maisel: You're delusional, John. I like your optimism. But Alabama will take a couple of steps back this season. They lost a lot of senior leaders, their depth won't be where it should be until '07 at the earliest, and the schedule is tough. Eight games would be 4-4 in the conference, If you get that, run to the Peach Bowl and don't look back.

Lank

I agree with Ivan. They lost a lot on D, and didn't have a lot on O to begin with...AND... they lost their starting qb to boot. Now we all know that John Paul Jones Jacob Jingleheimershcmidt Wilson Michelle Phillips is going to win 6 or 8 Heisman Trophies...but they're still going to have a tough year in '06-'07....

:au::homer:

John Paul Jones Jacob Jingleheimershcmidt Wilson Michelle Phillips

:huh: just wow

I have to agree playing @ :arky: , :lsu: , :ut: , :uf: , then :au: in JHW if the mullet nation wins 2 of the 5 they should consider it an accomplishment.

Glad to know that he can see what the rest of the non-dark pink nation already knows. :poke:

John Paul Jones Jacob Jingleheimershcmidt Wilson Michelle Phillips

:huh: just wow

I have to agree playing @ :arky: , :lsu: , :ut: , :uf: , then :au: in JHW if the mullet nation wins 2 of the 5 they should consider it an accomplishment.

234319[/snapback]

I don't think they will beat LSU, UF, UT, or AU, maybe Arky, but that should be a good game.

bammer...delusional.

In other news, water is wet.

234340[/snapback]

fire is hot.

234347[/snapback]

poop stinks

bammer...delusional.

In other news, water is wet.

234340[/snapback]

fire is hot.

234347[/snapback]

poop stinks

234353[/snapback]

And to tie it all together....Bama stinks...

I have to agree playing @  :arky::lsu::ut::uf: , then  :au:   in JHW if the mullet nation wins 2  of the 5 they should consider it an accomplishment.

234319[/snapback]

Oh rest assured, they will. Count on that very post being quoted so that they can claim a moral victory next year.

IMHO the first game against Hawaii will be a test…I know, I know it is just Hawaii but with all the defense bama is loosing will they be able to stop Hawaii from scoring 40?

Hawaii had a very young backfield last year, first year QB and soph & freshman receivers, and still led the nation in total offense & passing TD’s.

Granted Hawaii's D stinks, but bama will have to get it in the end zone to hang.

Should be very interesting.

IMHO the first game against Hawaii will be a test…I know, I know it is just Hawaii but with all the defense bama is loosing will they be able to stop Hawaii from scoring 40?

Hawaii had a very young backfield last year, first year QB and soph & freshman receivers, and still led the nation in total offense & passing TD’s.

Granted Hawaii's D stinks, but bama will have to get it in the end zone to hang.

Should be very interesting.

234486[/snapback]

That would be the Bama offense that only scored 13 against Ole Miss, 6 against Tennessee, 17 against Miss State (well, actually, did the offense actually score any against MSU?), 18 against us thanks to a last minute Hail Mary, and 13 against Texas Tech when they had a senior quarterback, right? Now they have an inexperienced QB and essential the same OL.

Good luck with that, Flipper.

I am very interested to see how Shula handles their QB situation.

If Shula gets a good QB out of Bama, I think they can win 8-9 games.

If not, it could be a long year

a good QB at Bama? Thats an oxymoron if i've ever heard one.

234634[/snapback]

Well, Shula is a QB coach so he should get a decent one...right?

234634[/snapback]

What are you talkin' about man? They had Andrew Zow and Tyler Watts! Both of them won 4 heisman trophies before they ever set foot on the field!

My friend's brother (a 2004 Bama graduate) actually said in 2004 that Alabama would be better off after Croyle got hurt (in the Southern Miss game) because Spencer Pennington was that good. Two weeks later, when Pennington got hurt, he said that it didn't matter because Guillon was the best quarterback of the 3 of them.

What do they put in Bammer Kool Aid that makes it impossible to see reality?

234634[/snapback]

What are you talkin' about man? They had Andrew Zow and Tyler Watts! Both of them won 4 heisman trophies before they ever set foot on the field!

My friend's brother (a 2004 Bama graduate) actually said in 2004 that Alabama would be better off after Croyle got hurt (in the Southern Miss game) because Spencer Pennington was that good. Two weeks later, when Pennington got hurt, he said that it didn't matter because Guillon was the best quarterback of the 3 of them.

What do they put in Bammer Kool Aid that makes it impossible to see reality?

234845[/snapback]

lysergic acid diethylamide :yes:

[My friend's brother (a 2004 Bama graduate) actually said in 2004 that Alabama would be better off after Croyle got hurt (in the Southern Miss game) because Spencer Pennington was that good.  Two weeks later, when Pennington got hurt, he said that it didn't matter because Guillon was the best quarterback of the 3 of them.

234845[/snapback]

Well, clearly that theory was proven when JP Wilson came in for Brodie at the Iron Bowl last season and single handed won the game for them! :big:

[Well, at least the moral victory. :rolleyes: ]

[My friend's brother (a 2004 Bama graduate) actually said in 2004 that Alabama would be better off after Croyle got hurt (in the Southern Miss game) because Spencer Pennington was that good.  Two weeks later, when Pennington got hurt, he said that it didn't matter because Guillon was the best quarterback of the 3 of them.

234845[/snapback]

Well, clearly that theory was proven when JP Wilson came in for Brodie at the Iron Bowl last season and single handed won the game for them! :big:

234849[/snapback]

Well, thats what UAT's moto is, isn't it? Another Saturday another "moral" victory..

234845[/snapback]

234849[/snapback]

Well, thats what UAT's moto is, isn't it? Another Saturday another "moral" victory..

234898[/snapback]

I thought it was "Hey Cletus, pass me the Skoal and another Busch, would ya?"

234845[/snapback]

234849[/snapback]

234898[/snapback]

235160[/snapback]

That's how they celebrate the "moral" victories..

234845[/snapback]

234849[/snapback]

234898[/snapback]

235160[/snapback]

235161[/snapback]

Oh, I thought they celebrated moral victories by watching rednecks drive loud cars counterclockwise in an oval for 3 hours straight...my mistake.

234845[/snapback]

234849[/snapback]

234898[/snapback]

235160[/snapback]

235161[/snapback]

Oh, I thought they celebrated moral victories by watching rednecks drive loud cars counterclockwise in an oval for 3 hours straight...my mistake.

235162[/snapback]

:lol::lol: Well, they have to calm down after all the emotion from that "moral" victory with the skoal and busch first... winning two quarters of each game really drains them, don't you know.... :lol::lol:

Archived