Richt making it an easy call for Shulla

AUloggerhead

Shulla should send Richt a thank-you note: Link

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) - Georgia sophomore linebacker Dannell Ellerbe has been suspended for the first three games of the 2006 season following alcohol-related charges of theft of an automobile in January, coach Mark Richt announced Wednesday.

Ellerbe was placed on six months probation by the Student Judiciary on Friday and ordered to attend an alcohol-awareness class.

Ellerbe, 20, was arrested for a theft by taking of an automobile, driving under the influence, underage possession of alcohol and giving false information to police on Jan. 4 after he took teammate Marquis Elmore's car and hit a tree on an Athens road.

A statement from Georgia said the university is satisfied the matter has been resolved with Athens-Clarke County authorities.

"Dannell made a serious mistake that is not taken lightly," Richt said. "He will pay a significant price and I'm confident he has learned an important lesson."

Richt said Ellerbe will also be subject to internal discipline.

A native of Hamlet, N.C., Ellerbe played in 10 games for the Bulldogs last season as a backup linebacker. He recorded 15 tackles.

First of all...its Shula

Secondly, this guys offenses were a good bit worse than Juwan's. I honestly think this guy should have been booted from the team.

Juwan didnt steal anything. And Juwan wasnt under the influence.

I think Juwan should get more than 3 games though....

... this guys offenses were a good bit worse than Juwan's.

That is precisely the point. If a 3-game suspension is all the punishment for underage drinking, stealing a car, crashing it into a tree and lying to the arresting officers; then by comparison, Simpson's possession of mari-juwan-uh and a stolen handgun $100 under the value of a Class C felony threshold (LMAO) merits a somewhat lesser penalty. Shulla is off the hook now because he has a benchmark penalty that won't deprive his team of the services of a Senior LB. Hooray for win-win situations.

I honestly think this guy should have been booted from the team.
Like LB LaMarcus Rowell was when he was arrested for erratic driving and the police found MJ & an unlicensed pistol in his car? I agree. CTT's immediate punishment was not only for Rowell's benefit but also for the rest of the AU team. It may sound harsh but I'm convinced CTT did the right thing then.

O.K. Maybe Juwan's lady friend was toking alone in the car. Or maybe, the police stopped the car for the erractic driving BEFORE Juwan came under the influence. Yeah, that's the ticket.

237078[/snapback]

I think we might be in agreeance on that. :thumbsup:

First of all...its Shula

Secondly, this guys offenses were a good bit worse than Juwan's. I honestly think this guy should have been booted from the team.

237078[/snapback]

Disagree on all counts except the length of suspension.

It's Shula. Nothing will happen.

Receiving stolen property is the same as stealing it yourself.

Haze of smoke, odor of dope. No, he wasn't under the influence. Like Clinton, he didn't inhale.

Of course, Richt has more experience lately. He should have a schedule of punishment already in place over there, with all the different daliances with the law they've had. Let's see, theft by taking with a side of false statement and the dui/underage possesion combo - you want an SEC ring on Ebay with that? That'll be three games, see you in September......

Richt is from the Bobby & Terry Bowden school. It is amazing the guy didnt get a pay raise or something... ;)

Juwan is gonna walk on this BG. The 'punishment' will be handled in house, before the season. He wont misss a beat. Why do I say this? From watching this thing unfold so far and the JPW 'suspension last year. When you dress out for a game anyway, that is not a suspension. :no: Ray-Ray Hudson too.

As someone said earlier, Simpson might be suspended from a game they shouldn't need him in and dress anyway just in case they do.

BTW, I think Juwan's rep is very good and he simply made a mistake. Did you guys realize he was speaking at a church lock-in over the weekend?

He is already going thru more hell with his parents etc. than most here would ever want to go thru. The :ua: fan base is ready to throw him to the wolves. He is already being punished in a way.

The Rowell second incident was handled very differently. He was sent off the team to Hargrave after the first one BTW.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...05052131900.xml

AUBURN -- Lemarcus Rowell's in-and-out entry pass at Auburn this year has officially been canceled.  After being reinstated to the team in January, the junior backup linebacker is off the team and will transfer -- again -- to another school, possibly Division I-AA Jacksonville State.

"It was unanimous," head coach Tommy Tuberville said about the decision. Tuberville declined to elaborate other than to say, "He left the team. He decided he's going somewhere else."

...Auburn defensive lineman Tez Doolittle was not at Wednesday's practice for undisclosed reasons but is still on the team and is expected back today.

More info: CTT had the discussion and made the decision the first waking day after his neck surgery. Several staff members went to this home and woke him up from his pain meds. They informed him and said they wanted the kid gone. He agreed. So this was handled in maybe 2-3 days because the arrest happened just after CTT went in for surgery on his neck. As soon as the staff could get him awake, after he got home, the decision was made.

First of all...its Shula

237078[/snapback]

Haze of smoke, odor of dope. No, he wasn't under the influence. Like Clinton, he didn't inhale.

237082[/snapback]

Wait...wait wait....buying a stolen gun from an individual is the same as going out and STEALING a car yourself?

There goes that bias again!

Legally it is. I'm not defending stealing the car, but if you know a gun is stolen and you buy it, you might as well have stolen it yourself. I don't really see much difference between the two.

He knew the guy whose car he took. The theft is quite misleading but from a technical standpoint, it is true.

I see nothing wrong with the way Richt handled this.

First of all it's "flipper" or "snot nosed puppy coach". Second...it's flipper and this will be swept under the rug. No discipline in that "program" at all.....none.

Third...I say Kuddos to Coach Richt for doing the right thing. :thumbsup: He is a man of integrity and class that I enjoy seeing My Tigers beat. ;)

Juwan should, and will, receive some sort of punishment. Shula will handle it in-house as has been his policy since day one. DKW is not entirely right in saying the Bama fan base wants his head. Some do; some don't. And, some feel very strongly both ways. :P

I don't think he will walk cleanl, and whatever punishment he receives will eventually become public knowledge. The media has a way of finding things out. Basically, Shula's handling of discipline in-house means that he will not comment publicly on the situation.

Juwan should, and will, receive some sort of punishment. Shula will handle it in-house as has been his policy since day one. DKW is not entirely right in saying the Bama fan base wants his head. Some do; some don't. And, some feel very strongly both ways. :P

I don't think he will walk cleanl, and whatever punishment he receives will eventually become public knowledge. The media has a way of finding things out. Basically, Shula's handling of discipline in-house means that he will not comment publicly on the situation.

237122[/snapback]

Translation: "In House" means NO punishment at all. :poke:

237122[/snapback]

237124[/snapback]

What would you have Shula do, Tim? Stone him? Boil him in oil? In-house means Shula will make to statement to the press. When he's punished, the word will get out and you will know about it. When it does, are you prepared to post an apology to Coach Shula and the Bama fans who post here? Probably not.

First of all it's "flipper" or "snot nosed puppy coach". Second...it's flipper and this will be swept under the rug. No discipline in that "program" at all.....none.

:moon:

237122[/snapback]

237124[/snapback]

What would you have Shula do, Tim? Stone him? Boil him in oil? In-house means Shula will make to statement to the press. When he's punished, the word will get out and you will know about it. When it does, are you prepared to post an apology to Coach Shula and the Bama fans who post here? Probably not.

Btw, how's Ears Tuberville, or should I say WingNut. :moon:

237179[/snapback]

Truth is, unlike most typical big-time coaches, Tuberville doesn't live his life a ZIP code removed from the masses. His number is listed in the phone book. He tools around town in a dusty, black pickup truck — bought used — with an honor student sticker on the back bumper, browning pieces of an apple strewn about, a slimy green toy lizard on the dash and fingerprints everywhere of two young passengers

237122[/snapback]

237124[/snapback]

Btw, how's Ears Tuberville, or should I say WingNut. :moon:

237179[/snapback]

Truth is, unlike most typical big-time coaches, Tuberville doesn't live his life a ZIP code removed from the masses. His number is listed in the phone book. He tools around town in a dusty, black pickup truck — bought used — with an honor student sticker on the back bumper, browning pieces of an apple strewn about, a slimy green toy lizard on the dash and fingerprints everywhere of two young passengers

237183[/snapback]

Candidate for Pope?!?!

First of all...its Shula

237078[/snapback]

237082[/snapback]

For real...and FIRST OF ALL...it's SHEILA!!!

:au::homer:

Archived