Official MLB Bitch and Moan thread

Jenny AU-92

You should have figured in how many of Lidge's blown saves were with 2 outs and 2 strikes... THAT, my friend, is a major snotblower as far as I am concerned...

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preston Wilson? I didn't know the Cards signed him until I kicked the game on a few minutes ago. Got a basehit his first AB. Must have stunk it up if Houston didn't want him.

1-1 in the top of the 3rd, fanatc. Scratch that, 2-1, Cards, Duncan with a sac fly. Good luck this weekend...

Preston Wilson? I didn't know the Cards signed him until I kicked the game on a few minutes ago. Got a basehit his first AB. Must have stunk it up if Houston didn't want him.

1-1 in the top of the 3rd, fanatc. Scratch that, 2-1, Cards, Duncan with a sac fly. Good luck this weekend...

PRIVATE PUNCHOUT REPORTING FOR DUTY!!!! :lol::jump::roflol:

Nothing personal, but HOW PATHETIC ARE YOU when you take a guy rejected by the worst hitting league in Major League Baseball??????? They are gonna start calling St Looee the Windy City from the breeze generated by his whiffs at the plate.

Criminies.

Let's not forget Jenny, you're talking about an organization that needed obvious help with starting pitching and bullpen, so what do they do at the trade deadline? Get a second baseman.

Yeah, about what I thought with Preston Wilson, from the bargain bin.

Let's not forget Jenny, you're talking about an organization that needed obvious help with starting pitching and bullpen, so what do they do at the trade deadline? Get a second baseman.

Yeah, about what I thought with Preston Wilson, from the bargain bin.

You guys have him at second? He played LF for us...

He apparently did well today - but he started off hot in Houston too. Nice guy, worked well with the team, but could NOT deliver.

Personally, tho, I would have kept him and waived Jason Freaking Lane... but he is one of Purpura's "Farm Boys" so he stays, no matter how bad he sucks.

There are TEN, count 'em, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 teams within 5.5 games of the NL Mild Card leader, the Reds, who are an underwhelming 62-60.

I want to see about an 8-way tie at the end of the season...let's see 'em sort that one out.

You guys have him at second? He played LF for us...

Sorry, I was referring to the trade they made for Belliard. They needed pitching and got a 2B. Made no sense.

We played Wilson in RF. Guessing he'll stay there, at least until Jim Edmonds feels better. Then a platoon in the OF. I've been very pleased with Chris Duncan, our rookie in Left.

Braves win 5-3 over the Marlins. Should have won by more, but we just missed several homers in that screwy park by feet.

We've won 3 in a row, only 6 under .500 now, only 4.5 GB, and after tomorrow vs the Marlins (okay, so Lance Cormier vs Dontrelle Willis doesn't look too promising), we open up a 9-game homestand vs the Pirates, Washington Natspos, and Giants..

Hmm..

Great call with the bases loaded, Tony LaRussa. Let's take out the hottest hitter on the team, the guy who's carried this team the past two or three weeks, and let's stick in the laziest POS we have, Juan Encarnacion. Grrr.... :angryfire:

And nice play by Pierre to robs Pujols. One more foot and it's a slam.

Ah well, go get 'em tomorrow, Carp.

In a total reversal of fortune, the defending NL Champs continue to suck major lemons, while the previous 2-14 Texans have won BOTH their pre-season games. I guess our scrubs ARE better than the Rams' scrubs...

Is it football season yet?

I hope Glavine is ok. He's one of the few Mets I like.

After Adam LaRoche makes the bone-head play of the season, costing us a sweep of the Marlins, we rebound behind Smoltzie to beat the Pirates 3-0 to start a nine-game home stand.

We're now T-5th in the wild card, 5.5 GB, so we're in the hunt, and only 3 GB of second place.

More importantly, we're 55-61, so now we have to win 8 out of our next 10 to get back to .500. Then we can start dreaming of postseason.

If the Braves were to make it, and the division leaders stay the same, it'd be:

Braves @ Cardinals

Dodgers @ Mets

Hmm.. that could be two very very interesting series.

Cards start a series against the Mets tonight. All three of the STL starters have ERAs above 5. Yikes. This could look like intramural softball scores, with Glavine and Martinez out. Of course, the Cards bats would need to work, and they seem to only do that once every two weeks or so.

Jenny, please, please, please, talk some sense into that club of yours, and win the next two againt the Reds. How in the heck did they lose last night?

Ranger, your comments are now welcome in this thread. :poke:

Jenny, please, please, please, talk some sense into that club of yours, and win the next two againt the Reds. How in the heck did they lose last night?

Club? What club? I don't follow baseball - 'tis a silly place. Baseball sucks.

And last night I read a biography of Catherine De Medici. There CERTAINLY was NOTHING on TV worth watching last night.

&*^!!^$&%@!%#^*$ Qualls.

I went for my every-other-day run last night in about the 5th or 6th inning...the game was over by the time I was through and the first thing I heard on the postgame call-in show was griping, so I knew the Astros had lost without even hearing the score.

...and then tonight they're just flat getting assjacked. Cincinnati just kicked the PAT and it's 14-0.

I'm numb to Izzy. Honestly, I'm more shocked when he doesn't blow a save now. I feel bad for Pujols, 2-4, 2 HR, 7 RBI, and you still lose. Thanks Izzy...

Did you know Catherine De Medici was wife to one King of France and mother to three more?

Can any of them throw a fastball in the 9th inning with their team protecting a one run lead?

I think the forum theme here should be "Toast." Reds in first place by this weekend.

How is it that I can sit here, some schmuck who has nothing to do with Major League Baseball, and look at the Cardinals starting Mark Mulder last night as a bad idea, but the guys who get paid millions think he's ok? Shesh. Bunch of bums...

This quote from a blogger on one of the STL forums says it perfectly.

In my perfect world the Cards would invest every dollar in the staff, bullpen, a plane ticket back to Japan for Taguchi, and a hunting trip for Dick Cheaney and Izzy.

In my perfect world the Cards would invest every dollar in the staff, bullpen, a plane ticket back to Japan for Taguchi, and a hunting trip for Dick Cheaney and Izzy.

Substitute Qualls or Lidge and I would feel the same way...

Substitute Qualls or Lidge and I would feel the same way...

Let's throw them all in a car with Kennedy...

Archived