Official MLB Bitch and Moan thread

Jenny AU-92

There's 80 or so of these left, Jarhead.  I really like your team - don't give up.

245030[/snapback]

Oh I won't, and thanks for the kind words. Just been a long time since we've played this flat. Hope Carp can get it done tomorrow!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying to get back in my good graces by appealing to my rampant Astros Homerism, and saying nice things about Bags and Biggio will not make me remove the curse of the nanner dance.  Nice try. :big:

The situation between Bags and management was poorly handled by both sides.  Bags did a few stupid things too.  It isn't all McClain's fault.  Still, it's heartbreaking.

244457[/snapback]

Hey Biggio has always been one of my favs. We have alot in common. We both share the same first name and we both played the same infield position when I was not on the mound. :D

U.S. Army Rangers 72 Virgins Dating Service

"We'll hook you up!"

Express Delivery Service Available

:roflol::roflol::roflol: That's brilliant.

U.S. Army Rangers 72 Virgins Dating Service

"We'll hook you up!"

Express Delivery Service Available

:roflol::roflol::roflol: That's brilliant.

245046[/snapback]

Wish I could take credit for making it up. Got it from one of my fav websites.

http://www.75thrangers.com/

Well, we took the Silver Boot in the annual fake grudge match against the Rangers, and took the first one from the Cubbies. Neither one is too much to write home about, except that Roger gets his first win thanks to Lance Berkman and his timely three run homer. The guys looked fairly sharp last night, but who knows how long that will last with the Cards coming to town later this week...

The guys looked fairly sharp last night, but who knows how long that will last with the Cards coming to town later this week...

245092[/snapback]

Houston takes 3 of 4... Astros in first at the break...

Don't look now but the braves have won 2 out of 3 series and SHOULD have won all 3 except for Sosa giving up that dang homer against A-Rod and the yankees.

I went to the loss against the Orioles on Saturday but it was still a good time.

Hopefully we'll keep up the momentum and make a run at the playoffs after all, but boy do we have a long way to go.

AUJarhead- the Cardinals-Braves series are my favorite time of the year. I know our "rival" and biggest series are supposed to be against the Mets but I hate Mets fans so much I can't even enjoy the games when I'm there. St. Louis fans have enough class that no matter who wins the game I know i'll have a good time. I'm glad we got you guys during a lull in your season and will be ecstatic with 2 out of 3 heading into our series with the Reds.

Don't look now but the braves have won 2 out of 3 series and SHOULD have won all 3 except for Sosa giving up that dang homer against A-Rod and the yankees.

I went to the loss against the Orioles on Saturday but it was still a good time.

Hopefully we'll keep up the momentum and make a run at the playoffs after all, but boy do we have a long way to go.

AUJarhead- the Cardinals-Braves series are my favorite time of the year. I know our "rival" and biggest series are supposed to be against the Mets but I hate Mets fans so much I can't even enjoy the games when I'm there. St. Louis fans have enough class that no matter who wins the game I know i'll have a good time. I'm glad we got you guys during a lull in your season and will be ecstatic with 2 out of 3 heading into our series with the Reds.

245135[/snapback]

I'll be estatic if:

1) Jeff Torborg ever shuts up.

2) John Thomson goes through a 3-minute stretch without sweating.

3) Jeff Francoeur sees 3 straight pitches without swinging.

4) The TBS crew gets re-hired by Turner South to call those games too.

5) The Mets collapse.

6) The Braves win the NL East again.

7) The Braves trade Chipper and put Betemit at third base.

245135[/snapback]

I'll be estatic if:

1) Jeff Torborg ever shuts up.

2) John Thomson goes through a 3-minute stretch without sweating.

3) Jeff Francoeur sees 3 straight pitches without swinging.

4) The TBS crew gets re-hired by Turner South to call those games too.

5) The Mets collapse.

6) The Braves win the NL East again.

7) The Braves trade Chipper and put Betemit at third base.

245137[/snapback]

Man I know what you mean with #'s 1 and 4!!! I hate these guys. Why did Turner South think that was a good idea?? Games are so much better with Skip, Don, Pete, Chip, etc.

Cardinals win 6-3 and no seat cushions were thrown on the field this time.

245158[/snapback]

I'm just waiting for them to win two in a row, so I can bust out the old Major League line "We won yesterday and today, if we win tomorrow, it's called a winning streak. It has happened before." Right now, the only thing I can say about them is something similar to the ground crew from Major League, "They're ******."

Good game last night guys, Soup Vs James tonight. James's numbers look solid, how many starts has he made? Good luck tonight.

And what happened with the TBS/Turner South crew? Does Skip Carey no longer call games for the Braves?

Chuck(y) James has made 2 major league starts and looked solid in both of them...of course its only two starts so we'll see...

As for the announcing situaton- it started off as the TBS crew (Skip, Don, Pete, Chip, etc) doing the TBS games and the Turner South games. Jeff Torborg and Bob Rathbun only did the Fox Sports South games. I didn't like that crew, but I could handle it for the one game a week that is on FSN.

But about a month or two into the season, Turner South decided they were going with the FSN crew for their games too...so now we have to listen to the FSN crew more than we get the TBS crew. We're lucky if there are 2 games a week on TBS.

I don't know the reasoning behind any of that, but thats what has happened...tons of Braves fans are pissed and writing e-mails and such, but i'm not sure it will have any effect.

Not mentioned in any of this is that the tandem of Skip Caray & Joe Simpson is easily the best 1-2 in MLB.

245258[/snapback]

I watched the Braves Astros while I was home in May, and was SHOCKED not to hear Skip. That's like Auburn football without Jim Fyffe. :(

In other news, Brad Ausmus is in a franchise record 0 for 39 slump.

Quote of the day:

Nervous Nellie: Garner, somewhat high-strung as far as managers go, is able to channel most of his nervous energy while he manages games. Take that element out of the equation, however, and he's a mess.

Garner served his suspension during Monday's opener with the Cubs, and, unable to pull the strings during what at one point was a very tight game, he was ready to pull his hair out as he watched from the video room in the back of the clubhouse.

As the score remained tied at 2, Garner paced. And paced. And paced.

"Until [Lance] Berkman hit the home run, I was like a cat trying to find a place to poop," Garner said.

The right-hander is throwing up in the bullpen.
Mike Shannon, Cards radio man. I guess the right-hander was watching the same game I was.

:puke: Cards pitching.

And in other news, Cards aquire Jeff Weaver from the LAA. 6-10 with a 6.29 ERA in 16 starts this season. Hey, it's an improvement!!!

When the heck do two-a-days start???

Hey, Jenny, who's going to suck least in the next 4 games?

I think this is going to be the Three Stooges versus Laurel and Hardy. It won't be "Who Wins" but rather "Who Doesn't **** Up Bad Enough To Lose".

I am looking forward to facing your starting rotation tho. :big: Of course, you could say the same about my infield crew. I swear they are oiling down the baseballs with Slippee Gel. Who in the world screws up a rundown????????

I think this is going to be the Three Stooges versus Laurel and Hardy.  It won't be "Who Wins" but rather "Who Doesn't **** Up Bad Enough To Lose".

I am looking forward to facing your starting rotation tho.  :big:   Of course, you could say the same about my infield crew.  I swear they are oiling down the baseballs with Slippee Gel.  Who in the world screws up a rundown????????

245473[/snapback]

You do face Carp on Sunday, and with an ERA of 4.50 in his last three, he's been the lone bright spot. :no: Reyes vs Roger, Reyes did well last time he faced Houston.

Ponson tonight, so that's a Houston win right there.

Marquis tomorrow, and depending on which Jason shows up, St Louis either needs to score a few runs to win, or a bunch of runs to at least stay closer. Marquis pitched well last time out, so I say evil Jason shows up. Houston win.

Reyes vs Rocket. Houston, St Louis has a problem.

Carp vs Pettite. I think this is the only one STL wins.

I guess Houston sucks less. Off on vacation the next week, hope everyone has a good week.

I guess Houston sucks less.  Off on vacation the next week, hope everyone has a good week.

245715[/snapback]

I told you someone was putting Slippee Gel on those baseballs!!! :lol:

And one game doth not a series make...

How 'bout them... uh... Mariners! Yeah, that's it! The Mariners!! Boy those Mariners sure know how to play baseball. Any of you guys catch that last game they played? They sure can play some ball.

How 'bout them... uh... Mariners!  Yeah, that's it!  The Mariners!!  Boy those Mariners sure know how to play baseball.  Any of you guys catch that last game they played?  They sure can play some ball.

246219[/snapback]

Absolutely...the Mariners and um, the Tigers, yeah.

I have to at least use the :nanner: dance for at least one series this year.

Woohoo, the Cubs swept the Brew Crew in their own swill house.

:nanner::nanner::nanner:

That is probably the only time I will be able to use it this year.

BTW, anyone want to buy a slightly overused pitcher???

Archived