Official MLB Bitch and Moan thread

Jenny AU-92

Ok, Cubs fans.  Please tell me what you put in Rolen's Breakfast.  In 10 games against the Cubs this year, Rolen as 4 errors.  In the other 91 games, he has 5.  Pujols is batting .230 against the Cubs this year, also, so maybe he's stealing Rolen's Wheaties or something.

Ah well, you guys made plays when you had to, I knew when we left the bases loaded for the second time without scoring that we were in deep trouble.  You got key GIDPs when you had to have them.  Good luck today.

252993[/snapback]

I am still in shock. Maybe, if we could convince everybody else to put on Cardinal jerseys we might have hope of getting the Wildcard spot...

You know things are going wrong when Mad Dog only gives up a couple.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROger Clemmens got FKD by the bullpen today. Seven flawless innings, and what happens? Qualls gives up a 3 run homer in the 8th to tie it. Lidge gives up a twofer in the 9th to lose it.

Screw it. I'm done. I am so disgusted. I hope Roger goes so postal in the locker room that they have to call security.

I am still in shock.  Maybe, if we could convince everybody else to put on Cardinal jerseys we might have hope of getting the Wildcard spot...

253484[/snapback]

I was thinking on my drive in to KC this morning that this was what the Cubs needed to do. Buy 145 Cards uniforms, and sneak into the opposing clubhouse and swap them out.

Ah well... still 3.5 up in the Central. I swear, no one wants to win this thing.

I am still in shock.  Maybe, if we could convince everybody else to put on Cardinal jerseys we might have hope of getting the Wildcard spot...

253484[/snapback]

I was thinking on my drive in to KC this morning that this was what the Cubs needed to do. Buy 145 Cards uniforms, and sneak into the opposing clubhouse and swap them out.

Ah well... still 3.5 up in the Central. I swear, no one wants to win this thing.

253732[/snapback]

I wouldn't worry too much about anybody other than the Astros. The seem to have a knack for the late season charge. The Reds will fade soon (I am surprised they haven't already done so). The Brew Crew and Cubbies are...well, the Brew Crew and the Cubbies.

I think it is safe to say though, that the Wildcard will most likely not come from the Central this year when all is said and done.

253484[/snapback]

253732[/snapback]

I wouldn't worry too much about anybody other than the Astros. The seem to have a knack for the late season charge. The Reds will fade soon (I am surprised they haven't already done so). The Brew Crew and Cubbies are...well, the Brew Crew and the Cubbies.

I think it is safe to say though, that the Wildcard will most likely not come from the Central this year when all is said and done.

253742[/snapback]

Is it coming from the East, where the Phillies are in second and in firesale mode? Or the west, of the Giants, D-Backs, and Rockies?

Wryn, several Cards Forums are reporting that STL landed Jorge Sosa from the Braves for triple-a reliever Rich Scalamandre. Thoughts?

Wryn, several Cards Forums are reporting that STL landed Jorge Sosa from the Braves for triple-a reliever Rich Scalamandre.  Thoughts?

253901[/snapback]

I don't know much about Scalamandre, but the Braves probably could have gotten more in the offseason had they not DFA'ed Sosa a few days back and tanked the season. Sosa made a killing in 2005 as a starting pitcher for the Braves, coming over at the end of spring training in a Sosa-for-Nick Green 1-for-1 with the Devil Rays. Despite a WHIP of 1.39, Sosa got out of jams at an unbelievably lucky clip, finishing 13-3 with a 2.55 ERA. This year, however, Sosa has been largely ineffective in the starters role, the closers role, and in middle relief. He's now 3-10 with a 5.46 and has a WHIP of 1.57. Sosa's main problem this season has been the gopher ball - 20 HR's in only 87 IP.

That doesn't sound like a good combo in St. Louis.

Before becoming a pitcher, Sosa was a utility infielder. He does have 3 homers for the Braves this year, and I have pondered about using him as a late right handed bat off the bench and a long-innings guy. No clue how he is defensively, but he looks too bulky to be good.

Sosa's main problem this season has been the gopher ball - 20 HR's in only 87 IP.

Heck, he's only second on the team for us, behind Marquis (25 HR allowed). Only two ahead of Mulder, but he's on the DL. But he's all over Marquis in terms of HRs/IPs.

So basically bargin bin trash. About what I thought. Great. <_<

Sosa's main problem this season has been the gopher ball - 20 HR's in only 87 IP.

Heck, he's only second on the team for us, behind Marquis (25 HR allowed). Only two ahead of Mulder, but he's on the DL. But he's all over Marquis in terms of HRs/IPs.

So basically bargin bin trash. About what I thought. Great. <_<

253913[/snapback]

I'm sure Hendry would gladly trade Kerry Wood for Sosa if you guys aren't happy... <_<

God... FREAKING JIM HENDRY!

Traded Mad Dog for a tenth utility infielder.

Traded Walk for a Minor League pitcher.

WTH is he thinking?

The two positions that the Cubs were loaded this year were the bullpen and infield.

Now, we can go 4 deep at second and 3 deep everywhere else on the infield, but we have a free swinging hack in Right, a kid who doesn't seem to be developing in Left and a guy hitting .250 in Center batting leadoff.

Woo Hoo! Looks like a few more years of mediocrity.

Maybe Hendry will fire Dusty and bring in Jim Tracy or some other hack to lead them to 50 wins in 2007. <_<

Stats are for this year only. Couldn't find anything from 05 or before.

Rich Scalamandre: Individual Stats (Pitching)

Team W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO

Springfield 4 0 4.55 29 0 0 0 2 29.2 28 17 15 1 10 30

Memphis 3 0 4.26 15 0 0 0 0 19.0 19 9 9 2 8 18

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, we lost a good week of complaining.

So what's changed?

Well, Jason Marquis is still a (EXPLETIVE DELETED) (EXPLETIVE DELETED) head. And the Cardinals still (EXPLETIVE DELETED) (EXPLETIVE DELETED). Houston, well, they play like (EXPLETIVE DELETED) dog (EXPLETIVE DELETED). The Braves? (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

Guess that brings everyone up to speed, right?

Oh sorry, fanatc. Cubs. Piece of monkey (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

Good luck this week guys...

Playing golf is a lot like watching the Braves.

When playing golf, if you're driving the ball well, you normally can't hit your irons or can't putt. Normally for me, the better I say putt, the worse I drive the ball. If I'm topping them off the tee, I'm draining 40 footers all day. You think to yourself "Man, if I could ever do all of these at once.."

When watching the Braves, if we hit the ball well, we can't seem to pitch or field worth a flip. The better we hit the ball (see the first week and a half after the AS break), the worse we pitch and field. You think to yourself "Man, if we could ever do all of these at once.." and then the team rewards you by striking out 15 times against some 5th starter, commiting three errors, and giving up 5 home runs.

THE ONE FREAKING TIME I need the stupid Cards to win - THE ONE FREAKING TIME I am pulling for them in a major fashion... THE ONE FREAKING TIME them winning could do me some good... and what do they do????

Choke like Mama Cass eating a ham sandwich.

(EXPLETIVE DELETED) Cards... Them and their (EXPLETIVE DELETED) pitching and their (EXPLETIVE DELETED) (EXPLETIVE DELETED) fielding and their (EXPLETIVE DELETED) (EXPLETIVE DELETED) (EXPLETIVE DELETED) lack of offensive production.

The REDS, man. The (EXPLETIVE DELETED) REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

And I am not discussing the Disastros. They are just trying to get my hopes up so they can smash them to bits later on. But I'm not falling for it. Not this time... :angry:

Playing golf is a lot like watching the Braves.

When playing golf, if you're driving the ball well, you normally can't hit your irons or can't putt. Normally for me, the better I say putt, the worse I drive the ball. If I'm topping them off the tee, I'm draining 40 footers all day. You think to yourself "Man, if I could ever do all of these at once.."

When watching the Braves, if we hit the ball well, we can't seem to pitch or field worth a flip. The better we hit the ball (see the first week and a half after the AS break), the worse we pitch and field. You think to yourself "Man, if we could ever do all of these at once.." and then the team rewards you by striking out 15 times against some 5th starter, commiting three errors, and giving up 5 home runs.

Thats a pretty good analogy.

I'm going to jinx us but we got a great start from Hudson last night, and Chuck(y) James has gone 3 scoreless so far today.

In my last post, I mentioned how the Braves will randomly be horrible in some part of the game. I failed to make mention of stealing bases. We've been caught stealing twice (on only two baserunners I think) and we're in the fourth. On the season, 42 steals, 29 CS. Ridiculous.

their (EXPLETIVE DELETED) (EXPLETIVE DELETED) fielding

If Juan (EXPLETIVE DELETED) Encarnacion would give 1/10th the effort that Freel gave last night, I'd consider tattooing his name on my back.

As I have said, the Braves seem to screw up one facet of the game or something like that. From today's line score, your job is to figure out what inning they screwed up in the rubber game of the Phillies series:

Phillies: 000 - 001 - 800 = 9

Braves: 000 - 012 - 000 = 3

The 7th inning looked something like this: Notice when the starter is pulled.

- T. Yates relieved C. James

- M. Lieberthal walked

- A. Nunez singled to left, M. Lieberthal to second

- C. Roberson hit for R. White

- C. Roberson sacrificed to third, M. Lieberthal to third, A. Nunez to second

- J. Rollins walked

- S. Victorino walked, M. Lieberthal scored, A. Nunez to third, J. Rollins to second

- M. McBride relieved T. Yates

- C. Utley doubled to deep left center, A. Nunez, J. Rollins and S. Victorino scored

- R. Howard grounded out to pitcher, C. Utley scored

- P. Burrell singled to left

- C. Paronto relieved M. McBride

- A. Rowand singled to center, P. Burrell to second

- M. Lieberthal safe at first on third baseman W. Aybar's fielding error, P. Burrell scored, A. Rowand to third

- A. Nunez singled to right, A. Rowand scored, M. Lieberthal to second

- C. Roberson singled to center, M. Lieberthal to third, A. Nunez to second

- J. Rollins walked, M. Lieberthal scored, A. Nunez to third, C. Roberson to second

- W. Franklin relieved C. Paronto

- S. Victorino struck out swinging

I'm guessing, Wryn, that it's time to incorporate the Braves into the combo team that Jenny and I suggested, the Astrinals. I dunno, the Brastrinals? Although bullpens stink for all three teams...

Oh, Izzy, how I loath thee...

And Wryn, it's obvious that it's your Center Fielder. I mean, if he had kept his gold glove winning defense, you guys would not have wanted to place him on waivers. Right?

Okay, so by all rights I should have no room to bitch about that total demolition job we did on the Pirates last night. SIX home runs last night, two by Aubrey Huff, one by Luke Scott (Highest BA in the NLsince the all star break at .413), and another leadoff homer by Biggio (44 for his career, most in the NL) . I mean, dang, man, even Roy O got a two run homer, the FIRST of his career, and FREAKING JASON BACK FROM ROUND ROCK LANE got a PH HR. Every single player on the team other than pitchers saw playing time. So what is my beef? It's simple...

Roger Clemens is pitching tonight.

We'll get shut down 1-0.

This happened to him once before, forget who we were playing. Andy pitched and we won like 12-3 or something. The very next night, Roger pitched, and we lost 1-0. Andy even mentioned it in an interview, that he couldn't wait for Roger to get back because when Rocket was in the rotation, Andy got run support, but when Roger WASN'T in the rotation, Andy got squat.

So they are STILL the freaking Disastros until they can show me they can give one of the greatest pitchers to ever play the game the kind of run support his stellar pitching performances deserve.

I'm guessing, Wryn, that it's time to incorporate the Braves into the combo team that Jenny and I suggested, the Astrinals. I dunno, the Brastrinals? Although bullpens stink for all three teams...

Oh, Izzy, how I loath thee...

And Wryn, it's obvious that it's your Center Fielder. I mean, if he had kept his gold glove winning defense, you guys would not have wanted to place him on waivers. Right?

Skip Caray quotes from the top of that 8-run 7th inning:

"The fans are number one, spoiled rotten after fourteen years of winning the division title, and number two, perplexed at our inability to throw one single strike."

"I wonder if Shane Victorino drives a Torino"

"The bases are loaded and I sorta wish I was too" (when it was 3-2 after the walk to Victorino)

"Wow! What an inning! Five runs have scored .. on two hits"

"I notice that the other team seems to be batting around a whole lot more than they used to against us"

"Two on, two out .. five in"

"Another run is in. Unbelievable. That makes it 8 to 3."

"The crowd is sitting in stunned disbelief. So are we. A seven-run seventh."

"Ahead of a hitter? We're ahead of a hitter. That's different"

"Jimminy Christmas as someone once said - the 3-1 pitch, he walked him, and another run is in. Let's see, that would make it something like 9-3."

"Bobby Cox is wearing a path between the dugout and the hill"

"You'd think if nothing else someone would hit a line-drive at somebody and it'd end this"

"Victorino thought it was high, and an hour ago when this inning started, it would be"

Why don't we just concede the whole thing to the AL and let them fight amongst themselves for the World Series? No one on our side deserves to be there, plus who wants to go be the AL whipping boy? Blech.

Ho-hum, the horrible Braves are now only 5 GB of the wild card. Granted our starting rotation is now Smoltz, Hudson, Kevin Barry, Chuck James, and Lance Cormier. Geh.

8.5 if you consider that STL won't win their division.

Archived