Official MLB Bitch and Moan thread

Jenny AU-92

I decided that this conversation deserved it's own thread... :(

I hope Oz is ok, too.  I hate seeing these guys get hurt, especially when they are good people, and good players.

238619[/snapback]

Me too. Nieve still has a long way to go. Roger cannot come back soon enough. but it ain't all pitching, altho that's part. We have GOT to find some freaking OFFENSE!!!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One freakin' hit??? That's got to be a mistake. As of right now, Houston, from top to bottom, is the best team in the NL Central. No offense, Jenny, but you guys are underperforming big time.

I F***** hate Izzy. Maalox or Pepto-Bismol need to sign a deal with Busch Stadium to sponsor the 9th inning. If I see him, I'm going to kick him in the colon.

Sick of Time Warner trying their damnest to drive the Braves into the dirt. Bobby Cox has managed to pull off some amazing feats the last few years, but the cheapskates won't let them retain or get any decent relief pitchers. Please sell this team to someone who gives a !@#$ about them.[/rant]

Guest Tigrinum Major

Zambrano was two outs away from a no hitter last night against the Astros. Not even Dusty Baker could screw that up. Can the Cubs make a run?

Pujols is probably out until August and, when he returns, will probably be less than 100%. Worse for the Cards or baseball as whole?

The Braves are falling apart. Can the Mets, a suspect offensive team, continue to get good pitching from 86 year old Tom Glavine?

Discuss.

Pujols is probably out until August and, when he returns, will probably be less than 100%.  Worse for the Cards or baseball as whole?

238770[/snapback]

I'm hearing all-star break, so Mid-July. I think they'll be very careful with his return. Yes, bad for the Cards, but two of the past three losses, he wouldn't have mattered anyway. Izzy's got FREAKING MIKE GALLO disease.

Bad for baseball, here's a guy who was doing it the right way, roid free, and having one of the greatest offensive seasons ever.

I'm hoping for 15HR and 40 or so RBI when he gets back, just so he can keep the streak of 40/100 going.

So who's the NL MVP this year? The two of the top three from last year are out (Lee and AP), I haven't paid attention to Andruw Jones.

Pujols is probably out until August and, when he returns, will probably be less than 100%.  Worse for the Cards or baseball as whole?

238770[/snapback]

I'm hearing all-star break, so Mid-July. I think they'll be very careful with his return. Yes, bad for the Cards, but two of the past three losses, he wouldn't have mattered anyway. Izzy's got FREAKING MIKE GALLO disease.

Bad for baseball, here's a guy who was doing it the right way, roid free, and having one of the greatest offensive seasons ever.

I'm hoping for 15HR and 40 or so RBI when he gets back, just so he can keep the streak of 40/100 going.

So who's the NL MVP this year? The two of the top three from last year are out (Lee and AP), I haven't paid attention to Andruw Jones.

238785[/snapback]

I gotta go with my man Juan Pierre. He is hitting a blazing .246 with a whopping 5 RBI. How could you not vote for a leadoff hitter with those stats?

I dunno, I think Yadier Molina might give him a run for his money. He's improved his BA over the past three weeks to a white hot .204, and had a big time HR last night (his first of the season). He does have 20 RBI, so Pierre crushes him in that department.

Our pitchers have more Home Runs than our catchers do. :)

I am still in shock. The freaking PITCHER gets a 3 run HR off our rookie last night. Good lord. This is beyond the happy nanner dance jinx. I had nothing to do with this crapheap. I disclaim all responsibility.

One freaking HIT?? OFF THE FREAKING CUBS?????? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!! They are dead last or near dead last in every measurable statistic. This is gonna be a race to see who can suck the least badly - can you have an 8 way tie for the wild card? :blink: Maybe the AL can field both teams in the Series this year - no one from the NL deserves it right now.

Maybe having Roger back in the clubhouse will change things - he will kick ass and take names and not hesitate about doing it either. The man's competitive spirit is all we have left - as Biggio said last night - we have hit rock bottom. This whole "we are a second half team" pisses me off. Going worst to first ain't gonna happen every damn year, and with a team with THIS MUCH FREAKING TALENT, there is NO FREAKING EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to tomorrow's game. The only things I am looking forward to are the free t-shirt to the first 5000 people and the fact that I will be drinking and eating on an expense account, which means unlimited, because it's not my expense account. And it may take MULTIPLE $9 margaritas to get me through 9 innings if they play like last night.

Right now, this is my take on things:

Our offense sucks.

Our relief pitching sucks.

Our STARTING pitching sucks.

Our fielding sucks.

Our mascot sucks.

Our field announcer sucks.

Our weather sucks.

Our hot dogs suck.

Our crime statistics suck.

Our pollution sucks.

Our City Council sucks.

WTF?????????????

However, Minute Maid park is the only park I've been to where the bar in center field stays open until one hour after the last out (at least it did in 2000 when I was there last).

AND they let me open a tab.

Me to bartender, "Two Beers, Please." Passed credit card to bartender.

Bartender to me, "Wanna keep this open?"

Me to Bartender, "Uhh... Yeah."

Me to friend, "This is going to be ugly."

Jenny,

Don't give up darlin', we shelled Kerry Wood for 4 runs.

Amazing how close and competive we play the Cards, but absolutely SUCK against nobodies and also rans.

Hurry back Roger

PS Jarhead, Sorry about AP, that guy deserves respect from everbody, definitely not like bighead bonds.

Thanks, Old. Here's hoping he comes back 100% healthy.

Ugh, it's going to be a loooong 6 weeks without him, but honestly, pitching for the Cards has stunk it up the past 3 weeks anyway.

Three words:

About.

Freakin'.

Time.

Woo. Hoo. A one game winning streak. Yippee. Yay. <_<

From early indications (i.e., more than one member of the starting lineup actually recording a hit :angry: ) , me going postal in my earlier thread seemed to have removed the curse of the nanner dance. So... in that same spirit, I resolve not to repair what is not inoperative... I shall remain with what is functioning...

Our offense STILL sucks. Kerry Woods is a washed up old has been. Katie could get a hit off of him.

Our starting pitching STILL sucks. We have Roy Ozwalt. We have Andy Pettite. What does it say about our club when WANDY RODRIGUEZ is our winningest pitcher? :blink::blink: (Not taking anything away from Wandy AT ALL... but with that rotation, he should be third at best. With Roger back, fourth.)

Our traffic sucks.

Our Mayor sucks.

Our local pinko libruls suck.

Our perpetual road construction sucks.

Our humidity sucks.

SURVEY SAYS...

We suck.

Hey Jenny, I wish you would stop sugarcoating it and tell us how you really feel about your Asstros.

Don't give up hope, every team in MLB is holding on to the fact that the Asstros sucked at this time last year also and still made it to the World Series.

Kerry Wood is not even thirty years old yet, it just seems like it.

Since I know you'll be at the game today, I'm taking off work to go home and watch it. It's been a good series for me because I fell asleep last night and didn't get to see Wandy spin his magic but somehow I was able to stay awake the night before for Zambrano's gem. Weird. Oh, and one more thing that sucks in Houston, Jim Deshaies and whoever that play by play guy is for FoxSportsHouston. Ugh. Hopefully the game is on WGN today. Go Cubbies.

I was WAITING for your Cubby butt to show up over here. :D I figured you were used to bitching and moaning about your team and would have jumped on in earlier...

Freaking Zambrano.

Me slamming to Astros seems to have had positive effects, so, as I stated earlier...

From early indications (i.e., more than one member of the starting lineup actually recording a hit  :angry: ) , me going postal in my earlier thread seemed to have removed the curse of the nanner dance. So... in that same spirit, I resolve not to repair what is not inoperative... I shall remain with what is functioning...

We suck.

However, IMHO, Jim DeShaies and whatsisface don't suck. I actually like all three of those guys. But if I run out of things that suck, and I need new ones to keep a streak alive, I may have to throw them under the bus.

The game is on Fox Sports again - not sure if it will also be on WGN or not. I personally can't stand WGN, so I guess that makes us even.

We are sitting along the first base line, about 25 rows up. Not much chance of being on TV, but they are great seats. The "free" part and the "salesman's expense account" also make it pretty cool.

But we suck. So I will probably have a crappy time.

Hey Jenny...thanks for the kind words about the Cubs....

Don't feel bad about getting one hit from Zambrano, there will be many more of those for Big Z before his time is done. He is a fantastic young arm!

It's funny that you think Kerry Wood is washed up...he may be; but the Astros only got 1 earned run off of him last night. He has only made 3 starts this year so I will wait to judge him after about 9-10 starts.

Speaking of washed up....

Petite W 4 L 7 ERA 6.03

Lidge W 0 L 2 ERA 5.20

Also, hopefully we can throw Clemens into that mix after a couple of more weeks!!! :big:

We will see, I haven't given up on the Cubs yet. Maybe Wood will start pitching better, we are getting Prior back, and at some point D-Lee will be back in the line up. The Cubs have the potential to play good baseball...Phil Nevin was a great pick up and it shows me that Hendry is not going to sit around and sell his team off. The season is a marathon not a sprint...

Don't feel bad about getting one hit from Zambrano, there will be many more of those for Big Z before his time is done. He is a fantastic young arm!

It's funny that you think Kerry Wood is washed up...he may be; but the Astros only got 1 earned run off of him last night. He has only made 3 starts this year so I will wait to judge him after about 9-10 starts.

239047[/snapback]

I'll have to agree wit DA CUBS fan on this one. I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Wood come home and put on DA STROS uniform.

I hope the Cubs kick the ever lovin' crap out of the Reds this weekend.

Of course, it won't matter, since the Cards have morphed into the Royals. I'm thinking that St Louis and Houston need to just merge teams. The Cardstros. Of course, the closer Lidgrehausen would walk someone before giving up the go ahead homer.

I hope the Cubs kick the ever lovin' crap out of the Reds this weekend.

Of course, it won't matter, since the Cards have morphed into the Royals.  I'm thinking that St Louis and Houston need to just merge teams.  The Cardstros.  Of course, the closer Lidgrehausen would walk someone before giving up the go ahead homer.

239316[/snapback]

Now that Pujols is hurt, if just Berkman would get hurt, I could hate the Cardstros!!!

As a Cubs fan I don't like the Cardinals or the Astros, but I sure like and respect the hell out of Pujols and Berkman.

I hate to break it to all of you, but Woody is one breaking ball away from losing his arm again. He will not last more than 5 years in MLB from this point IMO.

That; however, will not dampen my enthusiasm about all the great things my Cubbies are doing so far this year.

I mean, it's not like they haven't scored in 18 innings or anything. What's that? You mean the FREAKING ASTROS have shut them out for 18 FREAKING INNINGS? Well, nevermind...

The Cardstros.

239316[/snapback]

I like the Asnials. Or the Ascards. Say them out loud - that's funny, yuck yuck...

Okay, so a two game winning streak. They still suck. Three hits and ONE FREAKING RUN yesterday - we were just fortunate that the Cubs suck worse than we do. The Cubs beat the Cards, so the Cards suck too. Does that cover everyone?

I was impressed with the rookie Sampson yesterday. His slider was nasty. 16 ground ball outs in the first five innings, and then he got himself out of a bases loaded two out jam up in the 7th. Good work. But then came Wheeler... and Lidge. Wheeler managed not to take a page out of FMG's book and F* things up. Lidge managed to scrape this one out of his ass. Here's hoping it means Lidge has quit holding up neon signs that announce to the batter which pitch he has selected to throw for his hitting enjoyment...

Still, it was a lot of fun to sit and drink in the middle of the day at a baseball game, and then mosey across the street to the bar and continue drinking. The game was over so fast (a little more than 2 hrs) that we drank at The Bus for an hour and I was STILL home at 6:15, even with rush hour traffic. :big:

I will also be in these same seats for the Saturday afternoon game against my former favorite team, the Hot Lanta Injuns. They suck too.

Okay, so finding the suckage is getting hard with a three game "not losing" streak, but I'll try. Hey, whatever works...

Lance Berkman sucks - he should have had three homeruns, not 2, and CERTAINLY more than 4 RBIs. :angry:

Andy Pettite sucks - he should have gone a complete game. :huh:

We suck - we should have won by more than 3 runs. <_<

Brad Ausmus sucks - he cut it way close on that amazing play at home plate. Francouer was almost safe!!! :blink:

Like I said, whatever works. You dang well better believe that the nanner dance is off the table!

I'll see in person tomorrow just how bad they suck.

And dangamighty, Chiper Jones sure doesn't suck... in either baseball ability OR appearance. :big:

Just how bad does your team have to be to be blown out at home by the Royals?

241223[/snapback]

Every dog has it's day...

Archived