Official MLB Bitch and Moan thread

Jenny AU-92

Congrats to the birds. The Houston fan in me thought it was delicious irony that it was Carlo$ Bel-took-the-money-and-ran that struck out looking to end it. Tee Hee Hee...

But the ride ends here. DEE-TROIT in 4. Sorry dude - didn't matter who we sent - the NL SUCKS!

And the Tigers are more than due.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great series, Nay. We got any Detriot fans here?

Predictions guys?

Congratulations to AUJarhead and all the Cardinals fans. You guys have one heck of a team. It was a great hard fought series and the Cardinals deserve all the credit in the world. I hope you guys bring home the world championship for the National League. As for predictions, I’m not sure. Just like all sports, you can never tell with baseball. The Tigers week layoff could be a positive or a negative. They have had an opportunity to get a lot of rest but it could hurt their momentum. I look for it to be another great series with plenty of great pitching. Once again congrats St. Louis and AUJarhead. I wish you guys the best of luck in Detroit this weekend.

We got any Detriot fans here?

I don't know if that typo was intentional or not, but that's what would happen if the Tigers win the W.S.

Congrats to the Cardinals...given the way the regular season ended, this is probably enjoyable for their fans.

I have a feeling the local talking heads here will have a comment or two about Beltran bowing out meekly on three pitches. B)

We got any Detriot fans here?

I don't know if that typo was intentional or not, but that's what would happen if the Tigers win the W.S.

Congrats to the Cardinals...given the way the regular season ended, this is probably enjoyable for their fans.

I have a feeling the local talking heads here will have a comment or two about Beltran bowing out meekly on three pitches. B)

It was an accident. I've been jumping up and down for an hour or so. Apologies to any Tigers fans out there.

And Jenny, I was thinking the same thing when Mr Cardinal Killer himself came up with the bases juiced in the bottom of the 9th. I imagine a good number of Astros fans were laughing.

I've got to pull for the Tigers. Their closer, Todd Jones, is a Pell City boy.

I am a Braves fan, but St. Louis has always been a strong #2 with me. And for reasons I don't know, I have always sort of liked the Tigers. I think the Cards being an NL team will have me pulling harder for them, though.

Well, if the Cards can win tonight, I think they might win the series. If they lose tonight, I like Detroit in 6.

I am mixed on who I am pulling for. I like some of the Cards players and I am a National League guy. But I love everyone on Detroit except for Rogers. He is an arogant a**hole!

MANY MANY props to LaRussa. I like the way he handles the "dirt" situation from the other night. He could have made a big spectacle of the whole thing and probably gotten Rogers kicked out for the game and series, but he wanted to give Kenny a chance to fix the problem his self! I think it is great. Kudos to him! That is the way things should be done. No excuses, no complaing, no bitching...just very casually mention that he knows whats going on and it should stop. If it is not stopped, then all hell breaks lose. GOOD JOB LARUSSA...you have changed my opinion of you!!!

The "brown spot" is all any of the local sports talking heads are drooling over today. My only comment to any of it is that whatever may or may not have been on his hand early, once he washed, it was gone and therefore had no impact on the KICK ASS innings the man subsequently threw. Rogers was in the zone and didn't need any help getting there. Do I like him? Heck no, he's a prick, but he threw one helluva game that night...

Agreed. And I hope it's all the Tigers are focused on. Was it pinetar? Who cares. Like Jenny said, it wasn't there from innings 2-8, and the man was unhittable. Only time we had RISP was when it was on his hand.

Private Punchout starting tonight in RF. Groannnnn.....

If the Cardinals really thought it was that big a deal, they'd be making a huge stink out of it, and as far as I know they haven't... it has pretty much been media driven.

If the Cardinals really thought it was that big a deal, they'd be making a huge stink out of it, and as far as I know they haven't... it has pretty much been COMPLETELY media driven.

Fixed that for ya'. B)

Private Punchout starting tonight in RF. Groannnnn.....

I TRIED to tell you... didn't I? But NOOOOO... you wouldn't listen... :no:

LaRussa playing the odds, he's 5 for 5 lifetime against tonights starter for the Tigers. Which means he'll be 0-3 with 3 whiffs.

One more, and I guess I won't be able to post in this thread anymore...

PLEASE, JUST ONE MORE....

Well, no more bitching from St. Louis fans allowed...what a difference a month makes.

• 1 month later...

Archived