Official MLB Bitch and Moan thread

Jenny AU-92

I must take it back saying my favorite time of year is approaching. With my Red Sox hurting physically and on the field, any hopes of the playoff are just about gone. So much for the excitement of baseball playoffs and college footbal starting at the same time. C'mon football season!!! :lol:

Jenny,

You and I need to get together and have a eulogy for our respective team's 2006 season.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honey, I had a full blown funeral back in May...

Is it football season yet?

Amateurs.

I have had funerals for my Cubbies in April every year in modern history, save 2003.

When do the :usc: and :msu: kick off anyway???

I think I am now officialy done with baseball season. When it rains it pours. Now we have lost Big Papi indefinitely because of an irregular heartbeat and Manny has a bad knee that is keeping him out of the game. With those guys and Tek and Trot Nixon still out, we have lost all our offense. No starting pitching beyond Schilling, Wells, and the only guy we can trust in the bullpen is our closer, Pablovich, we may wind up finishing dead last. Ain't it something how injuries can turn a season around so quickly. :angry:

I think I am now officialy done with baseball season. When it rains it pours. Now we have lost Big Papi indefinitely because of an irregular heartbeat and Manny has a bad knee that is keeping him out of the game. With those guys and Tek and Trot Nixon still out, we have lost all our offense. No starting pitching beyond Schilling, Wells, and the only guy we can trust in the bullpen is our closer, Pablovich, we may wind up finishing dead last. Ain't it something how injuries can turn a season around so quickly. :angry:

Isn't there some window where you're not allowed to complain about your team if they win a championship? Like 5 years? Some kind of grace period your team gets? :poke:

Isn't there some window where you're not allowed to complain about your team if they win a championship? Like 5 years? Some kind of grace period your team gets? :poke:

Cool. If that is in place, get ready cause I will bitching and moaning much more than anyone else around here. I have earned that right...

Cool. If that is in place, get ready cause I will bitching and moaning much more than anyone else around here. I have earned that right...

Yes. Yes you have. :poke: cough cough, Gary Bennett, cough cough. :poke:

Yes. Yes you have. :poke: cough cough, Gary Bennett, cough cough. :poke:

Yeah, not just once, but two days in a row. <_<

BTW, where did he come from? I admittedly don't keep up with the Cards, but I hadn't heard his name before this series. Prospect made good?

Yeah, not just once, but two days in a row. <_<

BTW, where did he come from? I admittedly don't keep up with the Cards, but I hadn't heard his name before this series. Prospect made good?

Nope, career backup guy. Came into the league in 95. Bounced around 5 teams the past 5 years.

Career 15 home runs one week ago. Now at 19. Suffice it to say that this might have been his best week ever. All in all a pretty fun story, and one that I'd like reading no matter what team he played for. But once Molina comes back, Bennett will be back on the bench.

Yeah, I have heard the rule before, but here is what I think about it... :moon: . I'm not really complaining, just coming to the conclusion that there is not use in following this season as closely anymore since it looks like my guys are even out of the wild card race. I will still watch them when they are on TV, but I will not be in a hurry to check the boxscores every night. Trust me, if we would not have won it back in 2004, I would be much more upset right now then I am. The recent championship does make our late season slide a little easier to swallow, but liike the players, I am in it for WS every year, regardless of when we won the last one. Anyway, seeing how we went so long before winning ours a couple of years ago, we have some WS championships to catch up on. :lol:

I would like to see the Cubs eventually make it to the WS, but they just don't look like they have any hopes anytime soon. I guess I will pull for Detroit to go all the way since they are the Cinderella story this year.

..and the Braves are on a tiny streak, which, in the crappy NL, means we're 4 GB of the wild card right now, and 3.5 if play goes by design for the rest of the night. Crazy.

I'm officially through watching the carnage. Walk in the FREAKING WINNING RUN in the bottom of the 11th after your guys scrapped in the top to get you the lead...AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHH.

I'm officially through watching the carnage. Walk in the FREAKING WINNING RUN in the bottom of the 11th after your guys scrapped in the top to get you the lead...AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHH.

Nothing like a great walk off walk, huh? Mulder got rocked last night, again. At least Cincy lost...

One week since the last post on this thread. Guess everyone is down about their teams.

And I still hate Izzy, especially after the game today. Next week's series with Houston is going to be fun.

Doesn't really warrant a thread, but a tip of the cap to Anibal Sanchez...Marlins pitcher threw a no-hitter today against the D-backs...first in the majors since May 2004.

Semi-interesting fact: The Marlins have thrown 4 no-nos in their history (14th season)...the Mets have yet to have one (45th season).

Jenny, 5 games down, 21 left to play. Can you guys do it? If the Cards go 10-11, Houston would have to go 16-5 to win it outright. Monday's series is going to go a long way to determine the winner of the Central.

Is baseball still on? I had no idea... :angry:

Don't care. I really, genuinely don't care. All that talent, all that potential, WASTED. WASTED, DAMMIT!! I feel the same way abt the Cards and every other team in the Central. NO team deserves to be there, and Bird fan that you are, you have to agree with me. It was not who wanted to win, but who "F'd" it up the least. When it is easier to win your division than the Wild Card... enough said.

Oh, I totally agree with you. I read somewhere that if the Marlins played in our division, and the season started June 1, St Louis would be in second place, about 13 games back.

Anyway, good luck tonight. Aside from Carp tonight, I haven't even looked at the pitching matchups. This team depresses me so much.

Oh, I totally agree with you. I read somewhere that if the Marlins played in our division, and the season started June 1, St Louis would be in second place, about 13 games back.

Anyway, good luck tonight. Aside from Carp tonight, I haven't even looked at the pitching matchups. This team depresses me so much.

I am hoping that Andy McPhail gets smart and kicks Dusty's sorry a$$ to the curb and steals Joe Girardi away from Miami. Joe has local hero status and has turned out to be a pretty damn good Manager IMO by keeping that sorry excuse for a team the Marlins put on the field this year.

End of Rant

I am going through baseball withdrawals. It has been a few years since I have had to give up on my team well before the end of the season. I know I should be happy we at least one a WS a couple of years ago and you Cubs fans would give anything to be in my place. Still, the past few years have spoiled me.

To top that off, even my favorite NASCAR driver, Tony Stewart choked and missed out on The Chase last week, so I don't have that to care much about for the rest of the NASCAR season either.

That is why I know my beloved :au: is going to pull through for me this year and go undefeated again this year.

That is why I know my beloved :au: is going to pull through for me this year and go undefeated again this year.

Nothing will beat the 04 that my roommate from Auburn had. He's from Vermont, big New England sports fan. Auburn 13-0, BoSox World Series, and Pats win the Super Bowl.

And I'd be willing for STL to go 0-162 if it means a National Championship for Auburn. :)

And I'd be willing for STL to go 0-162 if it means a National Championship for Auburn. :)

I'll go you one better - trade Lance Berkman AND Roy Oswalt to the Cards for a player to be named later, PLUS I'd buy and wear a Carlo$ "Take the Money and" Beltran Mets jersey...

Now THAT's a sacrifice worthy of a MNC. B)

to the Cards for a player to be named later

Even if it's Jason Marquis? :poke: Carp was on tonight, Jenny. Pettite pushed back until tomorrow, then Oz. Good chance you'll take the next two.

Archived