Official MLB Bitch and Moan thread

Jenny AU-92

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone pleeeeeze 'splain to me what the hell Petite was doing shagging fly balls on Saturday? That ain't no way to run a railroad... geez.

Something tells me that if Jenny hadn't given up on this team months ago, Phil Garner would be a dead man walking today... :)

Okay, Jarhead.

I don't want platitudes.

I don't want "Good game, boy we sure were worried..."

I don't want sympathy or empathy or any other -thy.

What I WANT is illegal in most civilized nations and involves Brad Lidge's posterior, a cattle prod, a car battery and a bucket of salt water.

Mitherfreaker.

NOT ONE WORD out of the STL, you hear me? NOT ONE FREAKING WORD. :angryfire::banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Houston is about to be down by 2.5, Jenny. I think you guys are going to do it.

Who are these Houstons that you speak of? I know of no such peoples.

It'll never happen. The Karma goddess is indeed a cruel, evil, teasing BITCH. That's what she WANTS me to believe, you see? She wants me to recover my faith, so she can SMASH me on the rocks by the Allegheny, or in the park named after one of the biggest freaking pinkos ever to pollute the South. But oh, no. Not this time. I've got your number, bitch. You ain't gonna have Jenny to kick around anymore. Nuh uh. Not this season. :moon:

But...oh... that this was July... <_<

*sigh*

And... we're done. The only thing fading quicker than the Cards was the Titanic.

Good luck in the playoffs, Jenny, with your starters, you never know what could happen.

And... we're done. The only thing fading quicker than the Cards was the Titanic.

Good luck in the playoffs, Jenny, with your starters, you never know what could happen.

Jim Mora said it best...

"Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!"

[insert dripping sarcasm icon here]

The Cardinals have both hands around their collective necks and are squeezing firmly...this would be a choke job rivaling the '64 Phillies collapse.

What's REALLY scary is that the winner of the NL Central would be a minimum of five games behind the wild card winner... you can win your division, but can't win the Wild Card?? How F'd up is THAT??????? :no:

Stupid Braves.

I used to live and die with the Bravos. I bet I haven't watched a whole game in three or four years. Not sure how I got so disinterested when they were playing so well.

Mets own the Braves; now that it doesn't matter (even though the Mets are playing for homefield and have everybody playing) the Braves win 12-0, then 13-1. I love baseball.

/sarcasm

Took 15 innings and 9 pitchers to beat the stupid Pirates in a game that went past midnight Pitt time... the night before a noon game... I am sure everyone will be well rested and at their best...

[sarcasm oozing from every pore...]

The part that should really have baseball fans nervous, if Houston makes the playoffs, you'd have to consider them to be legit contenders with their rotation.

this would be a choke job rivaling the '64 Phillies collapse.

When the Cardinals caught them. Ain't karma a *****?

The part that should really have baseball fans nervous, if Houston makes the playoffs, you'd have to consider them to be legit contenders with their rotation.

ROTATION???? WHAT rotation?!?!?!?!

Roger... old, but still has his stuff.

Roy... smoking hot.

Raggedy Andy... elbow issues, went six 2/3 the other night on sheer grit because the BP had been abused the night before... totally erratic and makes Ausmus totally nervous because you never know what's coming... the elbow injury has made the wild pitches a constant.

And finally, spots 4 and 5 are "Pitcher By Committee" - pick a rookie, any rookie...Alvers, Buchholtz, Hirsh, Sampson, Nieve... yeah, LOTS of confidence there... goes right along with all their postseason experience... in LITTLE LEAGUE!!!

ROTATION... <_< ... If you believe that, I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

I still take Roger, Roy and Petitte in the post season. I wouldn't bet on Petitte and Clemens to go for another full year...but post season is a different story. I believe both of them can reach back and fight through and give good starts. I would take those 3 over any in the post season including the Mets and the Yankees. I do like the Tigers staff though...Bonderman and Verlander can be nasty and the old b*****d has been pitchig well this year...

Jenny, I think that your team has the best 1-2-3 of any team. If your bullpen can hold it together, that's another story. It seems like Wheeler has done a great job lately.

Figure that your 4 or 5 guy would move to the bullpen. Having to face Oz(X2), Rog, Andy, and whoever in a 5 game series could be dangerous for whoever you face. Facing all three of them twice in a game series, even more so.

The Mets definitely do not own the Braves. They managed to win the division for the first time in a decade and a half and did it in a year where the Braves blew 33 saves. Take 15 of those away and the Braves are right there with the Mets for the division.

Anybody who makes the playoffs in the NL can get to the World Series...to me, it's not a foregone conclusion that the Mets would win the NL.

Jarhead, I thought about adding that the Cardinals were the beneficiaries of the '64 Phillies gag job, but I didn't.

This weekend is going to be very interesting to watch.

Archived