Counter recruitment

Bottomfeeder

"Across the country this school year, hundreds of ``counter-recruiters" like Todd have been quietly setting up information tables in high schools trying to elicit exactly that kind of question. Their message: Military recruiters lie. War is hell. Think long and hard before you enlist."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/...ry_and_dissent/

I do it on a personal level, meaning everywhere I go I discourage military service. Everywhere, out loud. I'll be in Target shopping for CD, and while in the checkout line I'll discourage military service OUT LOUD, I don't care, I'm anti-war and war-profiteering, and I'm anti-liars. Heck, I even told a recruiter to his face that the military lies. They do, as evident from these wars. They are liars, period.

Stay tuned.

I normally ignore your posts BF, but this one was so stupid, it could not be ignored. You have to be the most ignorant person on this board and it is an embarassment that you are an AU fan.

You would rather us have no military so the terrorists or anybody else could just come over and wipe us out? I guess you have no family that you care about because if you do, I feel sorry for them. You just basically said that you don't lover your family and would love to see them killed or enslaved by any dictator that comes along to set up shop. You are a waste of oxygen. I actually can't believe there are a couple of people on this board that back you up and they will probably back you up on this. You have made some "out there" comments before, but they were laughable and just plain silly. But now, I think this has to be the absolute classless and most ignorant thing you have ever posted. You don't think alot with that little brain of yours you. You just spout off whatever comes to that warped mind of yours. Heck, you probably scare alot of people into joining the military. After talking to you, they join so they can protect this wonderful country from psychos like you.

You are so way out there sometimes that I wonder if you are faking your insanity just to see what kind of reactions you can get.

Another article 15 loser that didn't have the discipline to cut it in the service, so you now make it your quest to talk others out of joining.

If the people you are talking to are anything like you, I would like to say on behalf of every sailor standing the watch today.....

THANK YOU

You are reducing the stack of administrative paperwork I have to do to cull these losers from the service. Send me your address. I want to send you a letter of appreciation!

You are reducing the stack of administrative paperwork I have to do to cull these losers from the service.

240241[/snapback]

:lol: It's funny cause it's true. Keep up the good work BF. Keep the "dirtbags" from joining in the first place and wasting our time. :thumbsup:

Listen guys, cut BF some slack here, ok? He used to piss me off all the time too but I've learned to live with what he says because, in a cute sort of way, he genuinely doesn't know what he says to begin with. He's just a little slow and can't help it unlike TexasTiger who has a lick of sense but whose words and feelings are genuinely laced and infested with true hate for the United States of America. BF is sort of like Lenny from "Of Mice and Men" or Billy Bob Thorton's character from "Sling Blade." It's just cute. He's kind of like our slower, less intelligent brother and you can't help but crack a half smile and want to pat him on the head everytime he speaks and say "it's ok good buddy."

karl1.jpg

BF, I love ya bro. It'll be ok, I've got a fresh batch of biscuits and mustard waiting for you.

Listen guys, cut BF some slack here, ok? He used to piss me off all the time too but I've learned to live with what he says because, in a cute sort of way, he genuinely doesn't know what he says to begin with. He's just a little slow and can't help it unlike TexasTiger who has a lick of sense but whose words and feelings are genuinely laced and infested with true hate for the United States of America. BF is  sort of like Lenny from "Of Mice and Men" or Billy Bob Thorton's character from "Sling Blade." It's just cute. He's kind of like our slower, less intelligent brother and you can't help but crack a half smile and want to pat him on the head everytime he speaks and say "it's ok good buddy."

karl1.jpg

BF, I love ya bro. It'll be ok, I've got a fresh batch of biscuits and mustard waiting for you.

240266[/snapback]

If you ever get a chance, you should go back and read some of his older rantings before you joined. There are some real good ones. That is why I use the ignore button on BF, but every now and then I have to read one of his posts just to remind myself how mentally challenged he is.

Like I said, his posts are so far-fetched, I often wonder if he is a "poser" and is just setting back and lauging at how he reels us in with his posts.

Each individual I sway is one less casualty in wars of aggression. And, less money in taxpayer dollars wasted on needless wars. We are stewards of this earth and are accountable to God for our use or misuse (abuse). Each individual will give an account, what will you tell God? If really believe all of that crap they poured into your brains at OCS, or whatever you went through, then you are probably heartless. That's exactly why I didn't stay in. I did not want to be brainwashed by the military, and wanted to produce something with my life. Maybe, if their is enough bloodshed, you may have change of heart. As it stands now, you haven’t seen enough yet.

How many Enlisted Combat Vietnam Vets do we have on this board? I bet we don't have one.

He's just a little slow and can't help it unlike TexasTiger who has a lick of sense but whose words and feelings are genuinely laced and infested with true hate for the United States of America.

240266[/snapback]

Of course, as usual, Liger (I question whether he is really an officer) questions my patriotism without showing what "words" he is talking about. That's because the words that really bother him are simply the ones in which I disagree with him. Like any good freedom-hating totalitarian, he strongly believes in everyone's freedom--- to think and be like him. So he equates himself with "the United States of America." Disagree with Liger and in his little mind, you hate America.

But his mindset really has nothing to do with America. It's a mindset driven by gross insecurity and fear of difference-- even difference of opinion. Folks like Liger exist in every era, particularly those marked by polarization. We could have had the same fundamental disagreements during such times. For example, had we both lived 70 years ago in Germany, I would have been part of the resistance, questioning the administration, and he would have been an eager Brown Shirt, convinced he was proving his patriotism and manhood.

Let me just say that I'm glad, as well as the country is glad that one Air Force pilot wasn't polluted by your sad view.

Also, in light of recent events, your avatar looks all the more ridiculous. Any crumbs of credability you may have left are easily dismissed as long as you keep it there. Just letting you know.

Any crumbs of credability you may have left are easily dismissed as long as you keep it there. Just  letting you know.

240380[/snapback]

I think his credibility on the board has been gone for along time now. Crumbs don't even exist. Atoms of his credibility don't even exist anymore.

For example, had we both lived 70 years ago in Germany, I would have been part of the resistance, questioning the administration,  and he would have been an eager Brown Shirt, convinced he was proving his patriotism and manhood.

240377[/snapback]

Again, referring to people in the military as fascist/nazis. You whacky, predictable liberals :no:

For example, had we both lived 70 years ago in Germany, I would have been part of the resistance, questioning the administration,  and he would have been an eager Brown Shirt, convinced he was proving his patriotism and manhood.

240377[/snapback]

Again, referring to people in the military as fascist/nazis. You whacky, predictable liberals :no:

240390[/snapback]

No, not "people in the military", you lying weasel, one particular individual. I realize you and Liger have no sense of identity as individuals, but that is how I see the two of you. You represent no one but yourselves as far as I'm concerned. Even the best organizations have a few losers.

He's just a little slow and can't help it unlike TexasTiger who has a lick of sense but whose words and feelings are genuinely laced and infested with true hate for the United States of America.

240266[/snapback]

But his mindset really has nothing to do with America. It's a mindset driven by gross insecurity and fear of difference-- even difference of opinion. Folks like Liger exist in every era, particularly those marked by polarization. We could have had the same fundamental disagreements during such times. For example, had we both lived 70 years ago in Germany, I would have been part of the resistance, questioning the administration, and he would have been an eager Brown Shirt, convinced he was proving his patriotism and manhood.

240377[/snapback]

Yea, you right. You are absolutely right. And, would be with you 110%. I guess he would prostitute his core beliefs for $.

BF, here's a little something to pass the time while you wait for the medicine to kick in.

Virtual Bubblewrap

Iraqi dinar and a fist full of cuban cigars smileyregular4uo.gif

... I do it on a personal level, meaning everywhere I go I discourage military service. Everywhere, out loud. I'll be in Target shopping for CD, and while in the checkout line I'll discourage military service OUT LOUD, I don't care, I'm anti-war and war-profiteering, and I'm anti-liars. Heck, I even told a recruiter to his face that the military lies. They do, as evident from these wars. They are liars, period.

Stay tuned.

240193[/snapback]

Your efforts in this direction are having no effect. One could even say -- you're irrelevent: Link

Army Meets Recruiting Goal Again

Friday June 9, 2006 11:31 PM

AP Photo NYJM503

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Army said Friday it surpassed its recruiting goal for May, marking the 12th consecutive month of meeting or exceeding its target.

Before it began the streak in June 2005, the active Army had missed its target four consecutive months. And even though results improved during the summer months, it missed its full-year target for the first time since 1999. The Army National Guard and Army Reserve also fell short of their 2005 goals but are doing better now.

The regular Army signed up 5,806 new recruits last month, compared with its target of 5,400, and the Army National Guard and Army Reserve also exceeded their May goals, according to statistics released by the Pentagon.

Nonetheless, eight months into its budget year, the active Army is barely beyond the halfway mark of recruiting its goal of 80,000 new soldiers. Through May it had signed up 42,859, meaning that in the final four months of the period it will have to enlist an average of nearly 9,300 per month to reach the 80,000 target.

Last year, the only month the active Army came close to signing up 9,300 in a single month was August, when it got 9,452.

The Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps also met their May recruiting goals, the Pentagon said.

Keep up the good work. :lol:

... I do it on a personal level, meaning everywhere I go I discourage military service. Everywhere, out loud. I'll be in Target shopping for CD, and while in the checkout line I'll discourage military service OUT LOUD, I don't care, I'm anti-war and war-profiteering, and I'm anti-liars. Heck, I even told a recruiter to his face that the military lies. They do, as evident from these wars. They are liars, period.

Stay tuned.

240193[/snapback]

Your efforts in this direction are having no effect. One could even say -- you're irrelevent: Link

Army Meets Recruiting Goal Again

Friday June 9, 2006 11:31 PM

AP Photo NYJM503

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Army said Friday it surpassed its recruiting goal for May, marking the 12th consecutive month of meeting or exceeding its target.

Before it began the streak in June 2005, the active Army had missed its target four consecutive months. And even though results improved during the summer months, it missed its full-year target for the first time since 1999. The Army National Guard and Army Reserve also fell short of their 2005 goals but are doing better now.

The regular Army signed up 5,806 new recruits last month, compared with its target of 5,400, and the Army National Guard and Army Reserve also exceeded their May goals, according to statistics released by the Pentagon.

Nonetheless, eight months into its budget year, the active Army is barely beyond the halfway mark of recruiting its goal of 80,000 new soldiers. Through May it had signed up 42,859, meaning that in the final four months of the period it will have to enlist an average of nearly 9,300 per month to reach the 80,000 target.

Last year, the only month the active Army came close to signing up 9,300 in a single month was August, when it got 9,452.

The Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps also met their May recruiting goals, the Pentagon said.

Keep up the good work. :lol:

240471[/snapback]

Like I said, after talking to him, they probably run straight to the recruiting station. They think if a nut job like BF is anti-military, then they need to join for sure. :lol:

However, I am choosing to believe that BF is faking and not really this crazy. But, I will continue to play the game and insult his sanity as often as possible.

Archived