The ONE thing you like most about AU.

DKW 86

I love passing a complete stranger wearing something Auburn and saying War Eagle, and have them smile and say it back!

241355[/snapback]

I did this last week int he North End in Boston and my co-workers thought I was crazy when I yelled war eagle right next to the guy and I got nothing back...it sucks to be left hanging, the guy had a big AU symbol on his shirt, I can only hope that ye didn't expect a yuppy to be yelling at him and the noisy streets were distracting him...it still sucked

I love passing a complete stranger wearing something Auburn and saying War Eagle, and have them smile and say it back!

241355[/snapback]

I did this last week int he North End in Boston and my co-workers thought I was crazy when I yelled war eagle right next to the guy and I got nothing back...it sucks to be left hanging, the guy had a big AU symbol on his shirt, I can only hope that ye didn't expect a yuppy to be yelling at him and the noisy streets were distracting him...it still sucked

241914[/snapback]

That's when you go over and rip the AU off his chest and tell him he just lost his Auburn card. No true AU man EVER leaves you hanging on a War Eagle.

That's when you go over and rip the AU off his chest and tell him he just lost his Auburn card. No true AU man EVER leaves you hanging on a War Eagle.

241964[/snapback]

Could have used that rule at Mardi Gras a few years ago. My college roomate and I were on Bourbon Street. It's packed. This dude walks by us with an Auburn hat on, we say "War Eagle" to him, he looks at us strange. I say to him, "Auburn. War Eagle!" He looks at me, and says "No, dude, they are the Tigers."

I got the same thing in Miami about two months ago. I was in Costco and some guy had an Auburn hat on so I went up to him and said War Eagle. Nothing. I said it again and he just looked at me weird. Then he said "no ingles". I gave him a pass because Miami is not America anyway.

I love the Alma Mater song. It makes me tear up every time I hear the band play it. My senior year at Auburn was in 2003 and I remember the 2002 UGA game was my last home game as a student. The band came onto the field as usual and performed the pregame show that I have heard a thousand times. Out of the blue, one of my buddies turn to me and shouts, "Hey D, this is your last home game, dude". It really hit me then that my college days were coming to an end and I just couldn't take it. The band started playing the alma mater and I cried. I remember all my buddies and my future wife all looked at me with this look in their eyes. I can't describe it other than it was a really touching moment, not to sound gay. I definitely have many things that I love about Auburn, but that song hits my core.

Auburn is not a place you go to just matriculate(big word for me), it a place you go to learn that family does not just include those of blood relation.Bleeding orange and blue means something ONLY to those who have experienced it.

ANYWHERE in the world, AU and War Eagle is recognized by someone. That puts us in a very small but elite group of human beings who are bonded for life.

241798[/snapback]

Can you say that on the radio??? :blink:

:au::homer:

Archived