The ONE thing you like most about AU.

DKW 86

From ITAT idea...

Name the one thing you like most about AU, sports or not.

Sports: Once you get past the real uber-wealthy alums, we are very much the AU Family.

University: That :au: has dedicated so much of our time and money to very traditional American values. :au: is the second largest producers of military officers outside of the service academies. The small town, All-American, apple pie atmosphere at Auburn.

I like the feeling I get, no matter how far I travelled to get there, or how long I've been away, when I get off the interstate. I just feel at home in Auburn.

Because of some ties of have with the baseball team and some friends at UAT, I have been to Tuscaloosa alot more times then I have ever been to Auburn. However, not because I am biased, but I love the atmospher of the Auburn campus much better then T-Town. T-Town has that "city" feel to it and it really spread out. AU has that small town feel with everything withing walking distance.

I like the feeling I get, no matter how far I travelled to get there, or how long I've been away, when I get off the interstate.  I just feel at home in Auburn.

241313[/snapback]

exactly.

Guest Tigrinum Major
From ITAT idea...

Name the one thing you like most about AU, sports or not.

Sports: Once you get past the real uber-wealthy alums, we are very much the AU Family.

University: That :au: has dedicated so much of our time and money to very traditional American values. :au: is the second largest producers of military officers outside of the service academies. The small town, All-American, apple pie atmosphere at Auburn.

241296[/snapback]

Agreeance.

Yes...I like that one thing...sports and the university. ;)

:au::homer:

The Women, football, the Women, Baseball, The Women, the Small Town atmosphere, The Women,Feeling just like home when ever i visit , The Women,

Toomers Drug Store Lemonade, The Women, Gutheries (in Auburn its just better), The Women, The Flush,...... The List could go On and On OOOH did I Mention the

WOMEN .....Just AUSOME :big:

Well whenever I haven't been to AU in a while especially on the first game of the season I love the way AU smells, the smell alone gets me ready for football and again the way you feel at home, hell I never even went to school at AU but I feel at home there. I also love all the great friends I have made over the past 13 years I have been going to games. There is not much you can't love about AU.

I love how there's freakin' construction in Auburn every day on campus aside for a three-month stretch in the fall. I think I almost wrecked three times on Wire Road this morning.

It's difficult to narrow it down to ONE thing...you got Toomer's, tailgaiting, good professors, great student organizations, great churches, good restaurants, free movies (do they still do that?), BEAUTIFUL campus, love of country, mostly Republican (sorry dems and libs, just a fact), pre-game flight of Tiger or Spirit....or whoever is flying now, a certain confidence (not arrogance), being proud of where you are and who you are and what you represent (with humilty, not pride), saying War Eagle to complete strangers anywhere, anytime, and knowing they will most likely say it back and that they understand exactly what those two words encompass, hating Bama (ok, disliking them....strongly), recruiting every family member/friend/co-worker's kids, etc, to GO TO AUBURN because you don't want them to miss out on a life changing experience! (You graduate AU feeling sorry for everyone else on every other campus because you know there is no way they had the time you had at AUburn.)

Having said that, what is the ONE thing I like most? Simple: It's what makes all the above possible - the people.

War Eagle.

Jonathan - Class of 99 :au:

It's Auburn...it's all of these things, which make up that one thing. (Gosh, I'm good).... :)

:au::homer:

Home

241652[/snapback]

Amen to that. And as of almost three weeks ago, I've made it where my head rests too!!!!

WDE!!!

:au: is the second largest producers of military officers outside of the service academies.

241296[/snapback]

Where did you get this statistic? Not that I'm disputing you but I was under the impression that Texas A&M, VMI, and the Citadel cranked out the most military officers outside the service academies. If it's Auburn, hooah. War Damn Eagle.

Guest Tigrinum Major

What is Auburn?

Far be it from me to try to answer that question. There are as many definitions of Auburn as there are Auburn men and women.

It would be safe to say, however, that Auburn is much more than a football game. It is much more than winning and losing.

It is a spirit. It is an attitude. It is a way of looking at life and at one another. It is, almost, a way of living. Unless you have experienced it, you will never know what it is; you will never understand it. Once you have experienced it, you will never be the same. A part of you will, forevermore, be an Auburn man or an Auburn woman.

~~ David Housel ~~

Auburn People.

In my life I have never found a group of better people. I have never found another group of people who are more sincere or have more love from where they came from.

WDE!

They have already been mentioned, but the small town values, the sense of family, the class and decorum with which Auburn people generally comport themselves... and the fact that anywhere IN THE WORLD you go, you can give and get a hearty War Eagle!!!

I spent a lot of time at UAT and recently in Baton Rouge, and both campuses have the negative bigger city influences. They are both cities that have a university - Auburn is a university that spawned a city. Knoxville and Nashville have the same influence on UThug and Vandy - same with Austin and UT versus TA&M and College Station, which is a LOT like Auburn.

Not sure about Uga and Athens, or Starkvegas and MissyState. Anyone?

:au: is the second largest producers of military officers outside of the service academies.

241296[/snapback]

Where did you get this statistic? Not that I'm disputing you but I was under the impression that Texas A&M, VMI, and the Citadel cranked out the most military officers outside the service academies. If it's Auburn, hooah. War Damn Eagle.

241689[/snapback]

I think we just have a difference in service academies. VMI , Citadel, etc. are almost exclusively service universities I would guess.

Auburn is not a place you go to just matriculate(big word for me), it a place you go to learn that family does not just include those of blood relation.Bleeding orange and blue means something ONLY to those who have experienced it.

ANYWHERE in the world, AU and War Eagle is recognized by someone. That puts us in a very small but elite group of human beings who are bonded for life.

Archived