Malzahn has already tried to resign?

DKW 86

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/40825/

Seems the natives may want Nutt gone already.

In a small state like Arkansas, where three degrees of separation between any two individuals seems like a lot, rumors can take on a life of their own. That is what happened this week when Razorbacks fans joined in a collective furor after multiple people wrote on several Internet message boards that Arkansas’ new offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn had tendered his resignation before abruptly changing his mind.

For two days talk about Malzahn’s alleged decision to quit dominated the talk radio airwaves. Even the statewide newspaper went so far as to try to find if there was a fire accompanying all this smoke.

There apparently wasn’t — at least not inside the Broyles Complex. Arkansas athletic director Frank Broyles, head football coach Houston Nutt, Malzahn and even UA System trustee Jim Lindsey made that clear Thursday as they tried to squash all of the back-fence talk. Lindsey even went so as far as to say the rumors could be part of a conspiracy organized by seditious fans trying to undermine the program.

At least we're not the only ones in the rumor mill these days.

I would assume Malzahn's high school job is already gone, so why wouldn't he stick around UA for at least this season until looking for greener pastures?

The culprit rsponsible must be Phil Fulmer...right? Isn't he the root of ALL evil?..OR..Is that just when it is in refrence to west vance? :D

Something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Alabama always comes back to us....

I love it though.

Guest Tigrinum Major

The thoughts were that Nutt and Markeson (OL coach) were not supporting Malzahn's new offensive scheme 100%, so there was a coach's meeting with JFB and Jim Lindsey to make certain everyone on the staff knew who was in charge of the offense.

All rumor and supposition, but given the dysfunctional state of that staff, who knows what is fiction anymore.

The thoughts were that Nutt and Markeson (OL coach) were not supporting Malzahn's new offensive scheme 100%, so there was a coach's meeting with JFB and Jim Lindsey to make certain everyone on the staff knew who was in charge of the offense.

All rumor and supposition, but given the dysfunctional state of that staff, who knows what is fiction anymore.

243702[/snapback]

I assume this is tied in with the rumor that Herring constantly blitzed in the Spring just to "prove" that Gus wasn't worthy.

Bingo.  Herring was also one of the ones "against" Gus.

243704[/snapback]

Let the record also show that Will Herring is against Les, Mark, and Mikey, and seriously doubts the Urban Myth.

243704[/snapback]

Let the record also show that Will Herring is against Les, Mark, and Mikey, and seriously doubts the Urban Myth.

243739[/snapback]

Think he meant Reggie Herring, the DC at :arky:

Something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Alabama always comes back to us....

I love it though.

243657[/snapback]

Ya see...and take it from an older brother...ya always love to pick on your little brother. So just take it for what it is...little brother. :lol:

:au::homer:

I love it though.

243657[/snapback]

Ya see...and take it from an older brother...ya always love to pick on your little brother. So just take it for what it is...little brother. :lol:

:au::homer:

243794[/snapback]

You won't admit it, but deep down inside you know what a crock of shiite that is.

243704[/snapback]

243739[/snapback]

243755[/snapback]

Oh I know what he meant - I am just a bit of a smartass (It's what I do)

243704[/snapback]

243739[/snapback]

243755[/snapback]

Oh I know what he meant - I am just a bit of a smartass (It's what I do)

244064[/snapback]

Welcome to the board.... :big:

Archived