Rumors floating around

vatz22au

Auburn University expanding its student body just means more of your closest friends on gameday. No big deal, I say expand the student body to 30,000 because that will also bring in more extracurricular activities to the city of Auburn. Having a larger student body will also justify enlarging Jordan-Hare.

No tangent intended, I still like the monorail idea.

246008[/snapback]

So how many cats have you got?

246014[/snapback]

Just one Norwegian Forest Cat. I didn't like cats until I met him, now I won't have anything else. They are great pets. I just post the pictures because they are beautiful animals. I want another one, but he won't have it.

Yea, they would ruin tiger walk. If they do, with all the other great traditions they have screwed, I say F Auburn. Tubs would have to have some say in this and if he goes along with it, then he doesn't really care about the tiger walk then. It's about having fun, not having rules. There has been no reason to have rules placed in. If it be the case - F Auburn

245919[/snapback]

Please don't bash my Tigers anymore.

I remember times when tailgating was really tailgating.

In the early 70s my father would take us to see Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley. I remember when I was a child, and he took me to see them at practice for the Senior Bowl, and I took their picture as they sat on the bus. I had problems getting the camera to work, but I believe I got the shot.

My father, being Auburn Grad, and running business, we didn't have an RV we instead ate cold fried chicken from the trunk (my grandmother cooked pretty good stuff). That was tailgating then, and is still tailgating. Those were the days. And Toomer's Corner had this little sandwich shop beside it, where you could get a PB&J for about .25.

I guess I miss the Auburn University I knew then, but I will always remember it that way. I will always love Auburn University, always.

HAHA!! This is great - I love getting a stir out of you guys. You read something and take it way out of proportion. Tho I must admit with some of the bammers how some of y'all on this board are two faced. Like when there was some rumor floating around Alabama (or somebody) recently or something and you didn't need a link for it, but when it involved Auburn it needed a link. Ahhh, tisk tisk....

And I do stand by MY University! I am a student there, a current student. I love Auburn more than you could ever imagine. If you stopped by my office in Birmingham and you wanted to bring up Auburn or the Iron Bowl Rivalry, people would point you in my direction first hand. Some even claim I need to watch out on how much I brag about Auburn and that it may cause me in not getting a job because I may take it too seriously. So since you don't know me and you want to judge me on one comment and apparently some in the past that I have made (??), is just flat out ludacris.

Anyways, I'm not going to respond individually to anyone and bash them because that would be childish (which apparently is something that some of you will do).

I said what I said because I was upset about what I read. And I don't think you guys realize that if the AD and the University continue with these "rules" that people are going to begin to not care about any traditions at Auburn. Rules are the last thing you need when it comes to fun. And some of y'all talk about "safety." BS to that - has anyone ever been hurt from Tigerwalk? Can someone think of any possible reason? Was anyone ever hurt from cars parking on the grass on campus? Safety has nothing to do with it. That is just a ploy and a reason to do some of this crap. Getting rid of the Eagles Cage was bad for the eagles? Hello - they got sick at the Raptor center. LSU has a freaking Tiger living on campus! And don't give me "ooo that's Louisianna" crap. There's a reason fans/students are not going to participate in traditions anymore and that is because of rules. That is the worst thing to happen to college football. And Auburn is F'd up if they are going to continue ruining such events/traditions. If you disagree, you are right to your opinion, but then you support such debauchery.

But I forgot, everything on this board has to be happy with flowers and "good luck" to whomever and "my prayers" are for whomever and why Bama sucks and that anything negative towards auburn is completely wrong! BTW, find my other recent posts where I wrote something negative? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is when I lashed out on Brandon Cox after the GT game (which I must say in advance, I even wrote that I saw it coming - that he would be an OK qb that would throw many INTs late in the game. Only to then say I was impressed with him as the season went on).

HAHA!! This is great - I love getting a stir out of you guys. You read something and take it way out of proportion. Tho I must admit with some of the bammers how some of y'all on this board are two faced. Like when there was some rumor floating around Alabama (or somebody) recently or something and you didn't need a link for it, but when it involved Auburn it needed a link. Ahhh, tisk tisk....

And I do stand by MY University! I am a student there, a current student. I love Auburn more than you could ever imagine. If you stopped by my office in Birmingham and you wanted to bring up Auburn or the Iron Bowl Rivalry, people would point you in my direction first hand. Some even claim I need to watch out on how much I brag about Auburn and that it may cause me in not getting a job because I may take it too seriously. So since you don't know me and you want to judge me on one comment and apparently some in the past that I have made (??), is just flat out ludacris.

Anyways, I'm not going to respond individually to anyone and bash them because that would be childish (which apparently is something that some of you will do).

I said what I said because I was upset about what I read. And I don't think you guys realize that if the AD and the University continue with these "rules" that people are going to begin to not care about any traditions at Auburn. Rules are the last thing you need when it comes to fun. And some of y'all talk about "safety." BS to that - has anyone ever been hurt from Tigerwalk? Can someone think of any possible reason? Was anyone ever hurt from cars parking on the grass on campus? Safety has nothing to do with it. That is just a ploy and a reason to do some of this crap. Getting rid of the Eagles Cage was bad for the eagles? Hello - they got sick at the Raptor center. LSU has a freaking Tiger living on campus! And don't give me "ooo that's Louisianna" crap. There's a reason fans/students are not going to participate in traditions anymore and that is because of rules. That is the worst thing to happen to college football. And Auburn is F'd up if they are going to continue ruining such events/traditions. If you disagree, you are right to your opinion, but then you support such debauchery.

But I forgot, everything on this board has to be happy with flowers and "good luck" to whomever and "my prayers" are for whomever and why Bama sucks and that anything negative towards auburn is completely wrong! BTW, find my other recent posts where I wrote something negative? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is when I lashed out on Brandon Cox after the GT game (which I must say in advance, I even wrote that I saw it coming - that he would be an OK qb that would throw many INTs late in the game. Only to then say I was impressed with him as the season went on).

246045[/snapback]

If you want to be a grown up, just say, "I heard something that concerned me and I overreacted." ...and leave it at that. There are always critiques and disagreements on this board, but there is a mature way to do it, especially when talking about young men who put themselves on the line for their school. Choosing ones' words carefully is not a sign of weakness or timidity. And one can still speak strongly without going overboard. In life, we do tend to get judged for what we say, and on a forum, that is generally all anyone knows about us. Based on that, I understand why people who know you advise you that your mouth may cost you a job. They are trying to help you think about how you express your strong feelings. So am I. Sometimes you have to, at least figuratively, slap someone upside the head to get their attention.

In this case, all we have is an unsubstantiated rumor--- we don't know if it is true, and if it is, what the details are, and if there are some changes planned, what the rationale is, so "F Auburn" is a grossly over the top, immature response, period. Chilling is the recommended course of action.

B)

BF. You and I have some of the same memories of early tailgating. I'm 45 and I started my Auburn journey with trips to Cliff-Hare Stadium, eating that same cold chicken with the trunk open and sitting in the same seats I sit in now, watching #7 chunk it long to #88.

As a kid, I recall beating Georgia on a cold, overcast, absolutely PERFECT football Saturday on the Plains. My dad's car had a sunroof. As we sat in traffic leaving the Plains, I thought it was the coolest thing you could possibly do to open it up and stand up through the roof, orange and blue shaker in hand and holler "War Eagle" at every car and pedestrian that passed by.

By the way, Tiger Walk will be fine. Most likely, this is just rumor. But if not, they won't mess with it much. That is truly one tradition that no sane Auburn man or woman would dare to screw up.

WAR EAGLE :cheer::au::cheer:

246045[/snapback]

There you go again with the "f" word again. Safety is not BS but a very real and a major issue. The players and coaches walk several hundred yards almost in single file now. In this sad day and times, anyone could do something horrible to a player or coach. Just last year at the bammar game, a turd fan several rows in front of me tried to throw his cup of "something" at CTT. Luckily, his hand hit the guy next to him and the contents spilled before he could splash the coach. The AU fans next to him grabbed him and pushed him to the ground. I looked away, back to the TigerWalk, and when I looked over at where the bammar was, he was gone. This is why we have to have rules - to protect the innocent. Same goes with the eagle cage - what was to keep a disgruntled fan from giving our eagle some poisoned meat. Sad but true. These are the times we live in.

PChamp get your head out of where ever you have it stuck and look at the real world. Rules are needed and need to be changed to reflect the changing times.

OK... so ummmm having a barrier is going to keep a fan from throwing a cup at somebody? The day that barrier is about 50 yards from the players, you may be right. Man, I can't wait for that tiger walk! That'll be soo exciting.

Poisoned meat? What? That had nothing to do with it? If that were the case, Mike the Tiger wouldn't be there. So that argument is ummmmm yea, null n void. It was animal rights activists who felt it was cruel to the eagle.

Both examples of you using your "rules" to protect the innocent are bogus. Hell, someone could've thrown their cup at Tubs from the football stands. I guess we should get rid of the first 70 rows. Got anything else?

OK... so ummmm having a barrier is going to keep a fan from throwing a cup at somebody? The day that barrier is about 50 yards from the players, you may be right. Man, I can't wait for that tiger walk! That'll be soo exciting.

Poisoned meat? What? That had nothing to do with it? If that were the case, Mike the Tiger wouldn't be there. So that argument is ummmmm yea, null n void. It was animal rights activists who felt it was cruel to the eagle.

Both examples of you using your "rules" to protect the innocent are bogus. Hell, someone could've thrown their cup at Tubs from the football stands. I guess we should get rid of the first 70 rows. Got anything else?

246088[/snapback]

You still don't get the point man. First off, there is nothing that Auburn University could do that would make me say "F Auburn". Why? Because "I believe in Auburn and Love it!!" Now that doesn't mean I always agree with everything they do but even in my disagreement I still love that town and that University and I only graduated a year ago (May 2005).

Secondly, I fail to see why you can't see the need for rules. No you can't always stop idiots from acting like idiots. You can't stop every moron from throwing a cup at a coach or a player but i'll tell you this much. If I'm a player or coach at ANY university, I would rather dodge a cup being thrown at me than anything that some lone idiot might do to me if he had the opportunity to actually touch me. So, no you can't stop every moron but you can stop what you can.

Finally, judging from the way you speak of yourself and how you've reacted to everyone's comments to you, if I had a job opening for you and knowing that you're an Auburn fan I'd be so embarrassed by you I would more than likely hire BamaGrad03 over you. Even in BG's disagreements he tends to formalize his thoughts and speaks with maturity 8 times out of 10.

jc :poke: bg

You just gotta grow up man.

Riiiiiiiiiight... and show where the "immaturity" was besides my one lil comment involving "F Auburn." Every response has been logical - yet I still don't see you responding to my rebuttle on Mike the Tiger. If that's how you feel if you were a coach - that you don't want to touch other people bc you are afraid of what they might do to you, you mine as well just get on your knees and say "YOU WIN!" It'd be the same thing as being an American and living in fear from terrorists. By doing such things, you are allowing the other guys to win. Terrorists plot things all the time against America and we stop it 99% of the time (9-11 being the most recent failure). So far, we have yet to have an actual reason to CHANGE Tigerwalk based on the fact that something "bad" happened. Students get in fights in the stands - should we stop having students attend the games since there is the possibility that a fight might break out in my section? O noooo I should live in fear being afraid that some drunk student might throw a cup at me in the stands or throw a fist at me. SAFETY FIRST!! NO STUDENTS AT THE GAME!!

Tennessee and other schools have their walks - have they changed it at all? Do they plan on doing it? Again, until something happens, there is no reason to change anything. Yea, there might be a crazed fan every once in a while, but no matter how much rules you put in, there is always a possibilty. Hell, somebody could be on the Haley Center with a rifle. Quit living in fear and just have fun - that's what it is meant for. There have been no reason to change Tigerwalk, why start now?

You insist on badgering me with out a shred of evidence - you just think you know me, but you don't. I think the real "immature" one needs to look in the mirror.

My entire point to this entire thing was not to put Auburn down. It was that safety and rules are ruining something that used to be great. Yet you all fail to see my point

The limit as delta-x approaches infinitely... these extreme examples of a rumor are exhausting me emotionally. I wish we could redirect our energies to something more productive. Do you think?

My entire point to this entire thing was not to put Auburn down. It was that safety and rules are ruining something that used to be great. Yet you all fail to see my point

246117[/snapback]

Do you have link to the promulgated safety rules that you believe are ruining something that used to be great and now is not?

What?

Maybe you are blind... but ummmm....

RV's not being allowed on grass for the safety of the ... grass I guess?

Eagles not being allowed to be at the eagle's cage for the safety of the... eagles I guess? Even tho they later got West Nile after being moved.

So I guess I fail to see your point (again... big shock)

What?

Maybe you are blind... but ummmm....

RV's not being allowed on grass for the safety of the ... grass I guess?

Eagles not being allowed to be at the eagle's cage for the safety of the... eagles I guess? Even tho they later got West Nile after being moved.

So I guess I fail to see your point (again... big shock)

246139[/snapback]

Okay. I thought maybe it was just because you're young. I guess it goes much deeper. Live and learn.

Still no rebuttle from my comments? But you said I had no rational thought? That I just made immature comments. I'm making good points here, do you have no response? You asked for logic, I gave you logic. Ahhh yes, that's because, to quote Old School "We have no rebuttle. That was perfect."

Archived