Rumors floating around

vatz22au

In my email:

A couple of rumors going around:

1)  the score board in the North endzone is being replaced as a part of the stadium renovations.  I don’t believe this was planned, but in the process of the renovations, they found it had to be done.  Also, the advertising folks want more room to place ads.  This is not so  much of a rumor since the North scoreboard has been removed already.

2)  The athletic department is going to announce changes in the Tiger Walk.  They are going to restrict the areas on Donahue where people can stand.  Specifically, the entire area by the baseball field (from the outfield fence past the entrance to Plainsman Park) will be closed off so that people cannot get into the roads.  Also, the area leading to the stadium entrance will be barricaded with metal barricades and enlarged considerably to provide a wide path for the players.  The barricades will extend from the baseball field up to the entrance.  Basically, no more up close and personal during Tiger Walk.

Why not just ban everyone from being on Donahue Drive from the stadium to the Athletic complex until after the players have gone into the stadium?  Basically that’s what is happening anyway. 

I repeat. This is a rumor.  I find it hard to believe that the athletic department would mess with something that is so successful, but then again it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve seen these clowns screw up something.  If it happens there will be some sort of statement about how it takes so long, interferes with the traffic, and is potentially dangerous.  Pretty much all the same BS.  They will also frame this as an enhancement to an already great tradition

Yea, they would ruin tiger walk. If they do, with all the other great traditions they have screwed, I say F Auburn. Tubs would have to have some say in this and if he goes along with it, then he doesn't really care about the tiger walk then. It's about having fun, not having rules. There has been no reason to have rules placed in. If it be the case - F Auburn

Yea, they would ruin tiger walk. If they do, with all the other great traditions they have screwed, I say F Auburn. Tubs would have to have some say in this and if he goes along with it, then he doesn't really care about the tiger walk then. It's about having fun, not having rules. There has been no reason to have rules placed in. If it be the case - F Auburn

245919[/snapback]

You've been saying "F Auburn" for some time now. Why don't you make it official and declare yourself a Bammer? That would be a better fit.

245919[/snapback]

You've been saying "F Auburn" for some time now. Why don't you make it official and declare yourself a Bammer? That would be a better fit.

245935[/snapback]

Tell him Tex... :thumbsup:

2 points.........

1. to PChamp119 - if you don't like AU (obvious from your F Auburn comments :no: ) then go somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't need or want fans like you. You sound just like a dirt road alumni from bammar.

2. during the past several years, the access for the players during TigerWalk has been getting too narrow. I know that we as fans like an up close and personal view and touch with the players and coaches, but we have to realize that their objective is to please us and get to the stadium safely and reasonably quickly. They have a lot going on during the next several hours ;) . I hope they don't change too much but some wider access for the players and coaches is needed.

When have I ever said F Auburn previously? If you can find one post, I'll be shocked. So now that your point has been taken away, I'll stick to mine...

I'm no Bammer and everyone is thinking the same thing I am, I'm just the one that has the balls to say it. By saying "no more eagle flight cuz the birds get nervous" is basically the same thing. You may not directly say it, but by judging Auburn and its past of ruining traditions, you are really thinking it in the back of your mind. And don't give me "we may be disappointed with some of the recent decisions of the AD." One - the AD is part of Auburn. This isn't Florida where the AD is separate from the University. AUBURN is making these decisions, get that through your mind. If you don't like the decision AUBURN has made and by adding more complaints like "well next is going to be the eagle flight" then you are really in fact saying the same thing. I'm still behind my Univeristy and I stick up for them, but these are BS decisions and someone needs to stand up to them. AUBURN is making these decisions and they are seriously F'd up

AUBURN is making these decisions and they are seriously F'd up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like you have the same problem

I wasn't saying F Auburn with my comments..I was being sarcastic. I honestly don't think that Auburn would be dumb enough to make the (drastic) changes to tiger walk just like they wouldn't be dumb enough to change the Eagle Flight. Sure I can see them making tiger walk a little bit different..but certainly not to the extent of the original post.

In case you forgot...part of the Auburn creed goes:

"I believe in Auburn and Love it"....If you can't say that with pride please leave and be a bama fan..they have 12 NC's anyway.

In case you forgot...part of the Auburn creed goes:

"I believe in Auburn and Love it"....If you can't say that with pride please leave and be a bama fan..they have 12 NC's anyway.

245957[/snapback]

Amen to that.

When have I ever said F Auburn previously? If you can find one post, I'll be shocked. So now that your point has been taken away, I'll stick to mine...

I'm no Bammer and everyone is thinking the same thing I am, I'm just the one that has the balls to say it. By saying "no more eagle flight cuz the birds get nervous" is basically the same thing. You may not directly say it, but by judging Auburn and its past of ruining traditions, you are really thinking it in the back of your mind. And don't give me "we may be disappointed with some of the recent decisions of the AD." One - the AD is part of Auburn. This isn't Florida where the AD is separate from the University. AUBURN is making these decisions, get that through your mind.  If you don't like the decision AUBURN has made and by adding more complaints like "well next is going to be the eagle flight" then you are really in fact saying the same thing. I'm still behind my Univeristy and I stick up for them, but these are BS decisions and someone needs to stand up to them. AUBURN is making these decisions and they are seriously F'd up

245951[/snapback]

Not explicitly before, but implicitly.

No, I don't think like you. I'm a grown up and you're obviously a punk. You need to gain a little perspective on "traditions". I've been an Auburn fan a long time. I was an Auburn fan before the Tiger Walk took on its current form and size and before they let the Eagle fly in the stadium. I like both of these NEW "traditions" and hope that any changes deemed necessary to maintain them work well. But if Auburn decides that they need to end either one of them I wouldn't dream of saying "F Auburn-- that's it!" That would be childishly insane. If you love Auburn, why do you love it? Think about that and get back to me.

I'm prouder of a more recent Tiger tradition-- graduating more players than most SEC schools.

Not explicitly before, but implicitly.

I'm prouder of a more recent Tiger tradition-- graduating more players than most SEC schools.

245960[/snapback]

I vote that one best of all.

2. during the past several years, the access for the players during TigerWalk has been getting too narrow. I know  that we as fans like an up close and personal view and touch with the players and coaches, but we have to realize that their objective is to please us and get to the stadium safely and reasonably quickly. They have a lot going on during the next several hours  ;) . I hope they don't change too much but some wider access for the players and coaches is needed.

245948[/snapback]

I agree with this. I don't want to see the Tiger Walk ruined, but I think it could use a bit more safety/security built in for the players and coaches. It has really grown in size and notoriety the last few years and I'd hate to see some accidental crowd panic turn it into a mob scene. Besides the loyal, best-intentioned fans that are crushing in on the team, in this day and age you always have to worry about the lunatic loner who may want to hurt a player or coach.

All I know is:

1) I don't think something as relatively small as crowd distance at Tiger Walk would ever make me drop the "F" bomb on my beloved Auburn

2) I surely won't get myself in that much of a tizzy over an unconfirmed rumor

3) I would like to listen to the rationale behind the decision before I decide whether or not I agree with it.

Until then, War Damn Eagle!

I think Auburn Univ. and the town of Auburn itself does a poor job of preserving its traditions. Examples would include the flush, all the grass field that they paved over, and the banning of RV's. By far the worst was the paving over the grass fields into parking lots, which really took away from the campus. Not only that but filling the Univ. way beyond it's capacity (AU shouldn't enroll over 20,000) has marginalized the Auburn experience for everyone.

245919[/snapback]

Tex and I may disagree about politics, but when it comes to :au: we will always be in agreement. For the last couple of years, PC, you have been negative about Auburn, but claim to be a supporter. To say "F Auburn" because they change around a pregame tradition tells me that you are not a true blue and orange :au: man. You are an imposter because no true Auburn person would turn their back on the players because of something the administration does. Tex is right, your words make you sound like some punk or thug. Going by the character you show on this board and your soft support for Auburn, I say go ahead and "leave", because we don't won't or need your kind.

Auburn, Alabama is a growing city and we should be proud of that. I don't have a problem with the university expanding or improving itself. So a few grassy fields get paved over. As long as whatever is being built is aesthetically pleasing, go for it. I am a nature enthsiast and appreciate pretty landscapes, but I don't consider a few grassy fields in what is already an urban environment to be one of them. Auburn will not ruin all of the gameday traditions. I really don't have a problem with them putting the tailgating in certain areas because the campus was getting trashed. I haven't been to a game in a couple years so maybe this year when I go, maybe I will have a change of heart and agree with the group that thinks the present tailgating sucks. We will see.

2. during the past several years, the access for the players during TigerWalk has been getting too narrow. I know  that we as fans like an up close and personal view and touch with the players and coaches, but we have to realize that their objective is to please us and get to the stadium safely and reasonably quickly. They have a lot going on during the next several hours  ;) . I hope they don't change too much but some wider access for the players and coaches is needed.

245948[/snapback]

I agree with this. I don't want to see the Tiger Walk ruined, but I think it could use a bit more safety/security built in for the players and coaches. It has really grown in size and notoriety the last few years and I'd hate to see some accidental crowd panic turn it into a mob scene. Besides the loyal, best-intentioned fans that are crushing in on the team, in this day and age you always have to worry about the lunatic loner who may want to hurt a player or coach.

245962[/snapback]

Good point. Always Everyone's Safety Is First!

I'm no Bammer and everyone is thinking the same thing I am, I'm just the one that has the balls to say it.

245951[/snapback]

I'm not thinking the same thing as you at all. F Auburn? F you.

I think Auburn Univ. and the town of Auburn itself  does a poor job of preserving its traditions.  Examples would include the flush, all the grass field that they paved over, and the banning of RV's.  By far the worst was the paving over the grass fields into parking lots, which really took away from the campus.  Not only that but filling the Univ. way beyond it's capacity (AU shouldn't enroll over 20,000) has marginalized the Auburn experience for everyone.

245965[/snapback]

What parking lot are you talking about? If your talking about c-zone then just get up one morning on a normal weekday during the fall or spring and see how full czone is and you will see that Auburn University needs every bit or parking we can get! Some people forget that Auburn University actually has students that go there everyday, and people get mad if Auburn changes something about the campus thats going to take the "game-day" experience away, when most the time that change is neccesary for the students well-being. I am a student at Auburn, and I for one am glad I dont have to park on grass everyday.

Anyways, does anybody know what the new north scoreboard will look like?

When I first started Auburn, C-zone was never full. It wasn't until about 1995 that c-zone became constantly full, which I believe coincides with Auburn enrolling too many students.

When I first started Auburn, C-zone was never full.  It wasn't until about 1995 that c-zone became constantly full, which I believe coincides with Auburn enrolling too many students.

245990[/snapback]

I agree, but I think Auburn has to have a parking lot realative to the size of the student body, regardless of how many people actually use it, just in case.

Archived