If Sporting News says it,

Captain Liger

You MAY have a point. Weren't these the same folks that proclaimed uat as being "back"? (ELEVEN sacks???)

:lol:   :lol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :poke:

246728[/snapback]

\Not that it matters, but SI did the Brodie cover...

You MAY have a point. Weren't these the same folks that proclaimed uat as being "back"? (ELEVEN sacks???)

:lol:   :lol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :poke:

246728[/snapback]

\Not that it matters, but SI did the Brodie cover...

246829[/snapback]

You are right. It doesn't matter. :D;)

"legal issue" ? ? ? ? :blink:

Talk about SPIN. I gotta' step back from the monitor. I am gettin' dizzy. :puke:

Please, please, please, please stop whining.

Just because someone doesn't honk on Bama's bobo doesn't mean that he/she/it has "a PRO AU slant".

You're right...their 2003 Pre Season #1 ranking was dead on.

And putting Will Herring on the pre season all conference team this year was a GREAT call. I mean Juwan Simpson is only a Freshmen all american at his position and a 2 time all sec player. But hey...lets put a guy WHOS NEVER PLAYED THE POSITION on our pre season all sec team over a guy with the hardware.

246802[/snapback]

You're right, BG. How could they have been so stupid? I guess ESPN is also "pro Auburn" because they ranked AU pretty high in '03 as well. Guess you should just forget about watching THAT Auburn network. I still don't understand why they haven't made the SportsCenter logo orange and blue, they're such CLEAR Auburn supporters.

And how could they be so ignorant as to put Herring on their All SEC team? I mean good grief, all he's done is make the freshman All SEC team, finish second on the team in tackles for a national championship team (or the equivalent), lead Auburn in tackles in 2005 and earn mention on the Lott and Nagurski watch lists. That he's moving to a position even better suited to his size and skills really shouldn't be considered except by all these "pro Auburn" media outlets. It's really stupid of them to consider Herriing over a potential senior-to-be who had a good freshman season.

Gee, BG, it MUST be some kind of consipracy. Sporting News, ESPN. You can add

Phipps (Preseason All SEC) to the list, too. There will be others. It's all a great big orange and blue conspiracy. They are so blinded with love for Auburn they can't see how magnificent Juwanna (who?) Simpson is.

Your jealousy is showing. Try to rein it in.

G2...you cant honestly think that a guy who gets moved from his position because he cant hack it (Herring) should be considered better at a position hes NEVER played...than a 3 year starter who's a 2 time all sec selection at his position?

I know exactly how good Herring is...i saw the UGA game. And Ive heard AU fans complaining about him for like 9 years now.

Guest Tigrinum Major
G2...you cant honestly think that a guy who gets moved from his position because he cant hack it (Herring) should be considered better at a position hes NEVER played...than a 3 year starter who's a 2 time all sec selection at his position?

I know exactly how good Herring is...i saw the UGA game. And Ive heard AU fans complaining about him for like 9 years now.

246910[/snapback]

That is the most ridiculous thing you have ever posted. He didn't get moved because he couldn't hack it, as you put it.

You are delusional and a bigger homer than anyone on this board.

Auburn fans complain about all players from time to time. I have heard everyone with the exception of Bo Jackson get dogged from time to time. But you know what, they're our players. Kind of like our little brothers...we can bust on them, but no one else had better do it.

As far as who is better, I don't care. What I do know is that I would take Will Herring and Karibi Dede anyday of the week over anyone you have. And it is not all just about football.

Tigrinium...I was going by my own homerness. I was honestly going on what many other AU fans have told me since about mid season last year. And the limited exposure ive had watching him play on TV.

And he is probably a better fit at that position. I just didnt understand rating someone on potential even though theyve never played...higher than someone whos done it for 3 years and has been lauded in his efforts.

Will is, if I am not mistaken, AU's LEADING tackler over the past two-three years.

Sounds like an All-SEC Caliber player to me ! ! ! !

He's had bad games as much as any other player. His few have been highlighted b/c of that position. He mostly played like an outside LB from the S position anyway to stop the run. More often than not he was in position. He was shuffled to LB to fill in void there, b/c there was so much depth and talent with the younger DBs. I think the coaches saw it as a way to keep him on the field and at the same time bring some extra speed into the secondary. I don't believe at all it was b/c of performance.

Archived