USCs Dwayne Jarrett

DKW 86

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_4044532

$3900 a month for an apartment? :blink: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Jarrett case under review

BY MATTHEW KREDELL, Staff Writer

The NCAA has received USC's request to reinstate All-America wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett, according to NCAA spokesman Erik Christianson.

Jarrett was declared ineligible last month for violating the NCAA's "extra benefits" rule by allowing Matt Leinart's father to pay for the majority of the rent in the downtown luxury apartment he shared with the quarterback.

"We don't have a specific time frame for these type of requests," Christianson said. "Our goal is to have it done as quickly as possible, but as thoroughly as possible as well."

USC coach Pete Carroll has expressed confidence that Jarrett will be reinstated without a problem. Jarrett and Leinart each paid $650 a month at the Medici apartment complex, with Bob Leinart paying the remaining $2,566, according to USC. It's considered legal for a parent to pay rent for his own son, but not for a teammate. If Jarrett is allowed to return, it could come with the condition that he pay money back to Bob Leinart, an amount that could exceed $10,000.

That seems ridiculus to me, but then again given real estate prices in southern CA - for all I know that rent could have had them living in the 'hood.

It's considered legal for a parent to pay rent for his own son, but not for a teammate. If Jarrett is allowed to return, it could come with the condition that he pay money back to Bob Leinart, an amount that could exceed $10,000.

Like 10,000 would be a problem for USC.... I mean Jarrett to come up with. I mean dooesn't every college kid have that kind of money just sitting around. :rolleyes:

Do you think the conversation will go something like this?

Dwayne Jarrett: "Mr. Leinar, the NCAA says I have to pay you back the $10,000 for rent."

Bob Leinar: "OK, Dwayne, let's work out a payment schedule."

Dwayne: "I can't afford much, I am just a student, living in one of the most expensive cities in the world."

Bob: "I understand Dewayne. What can you afford?"

Dwayne: "Maybe $100.00 per month."

Bob: "That should satisfy the idiots running the NCAA, but wouldn't it be a financial hardship on you?

Dwayne: "Yes Sir, a little, but the $100 handshakes help a lot."

Bob: "OK, we will do it this way. We will cut the payment down to $25 per month and tell the NCAA that is all you can afford. After all, it's not cheap to date these SOCAL girls!" :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Clever David...clever ;)

I dont see whats wrong with living in a place with your friend. The NCAA needs to get out of their own way. Its starting to get ridiculous.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Clever David...clever ;)

I dont see whats wrong with living in a place with your friend. The NCAA needs to get out of their own way. Its starting to get ridiculous.

247331[/snapback]

Navy slang BG, Navy slang...

I read somewhere that Jarrett comes from a very poor background, I think Newark, New Jersey area?? could be wrong on the city.

And I could believe the rent, they said it was a luxury apartment in DOWNTOWN Los Angeles. Man it must be nice being a college athlete.

I read somewhere that Jarrett comes from a very poor background, I think Newark, New Jersey area?? could be wrong on the city. 

And I could believe the rent, they said it was a luxury apartment in DOWNTOWN Los Angeles.  Man it must be nice being a college athlete.

247345[/snapback]

What's nice is when you are the go to WR for a top college QB, whose dad is LOADED!!

BG, are we still bitter b/c the NCAA has been picking on poor, poor bama, who everybody knows can't do anything wrong. PLEASE, man, NCAA rules says it is improper benefits, just like the law don't drink and drive, you get caught, you get caught. Some pay the piper, and some walkaway with a slap. Those that get the slap, probably haven't been caught before and not been cheating for 30+ years!!

What's nice is when you are the go to WR for a top college QB, whose dad is LOADED!!

BG, are we still bitter b/c the NCAA has been picking on poor, poor bama, who everybody knows can't do anything wrong. PLEASE, man, NCAA rules says it is improper benefits, just like the law don't drink and drive, you get caught, you get caught. Some pay the piper, and some walkaway with a slap. Those that get the slap, probably haven't been caught before and not been cheating for 30+ years!!

No...it had nothing to do with alabama. I think its a stupid rule. Just like not letting a kid be an olympic skiier and play football is a stupid rule. I Swear some of you AU fans sound like a broken record.

But are you going to sit here and tell me that EVERYTHING the NCAA is the right thing?

BG03: "hey did you guys see the new Pirates movie"

tgr4lfe:"whats that supposed to mean? you still whining about the NCAA? get over it man"

wartim: "dark pink jersey, west vance, fear my fangers, cheaters,"...rinse wash repeat.

No...it had nothing to do with alabama. I think its a stupid rule. Just like not letting a kid be an olympic skiier and play football is a stupid rule. I Swear some of you AU fans sound like a broken record.

But are you going to sit here and tell me that EVERYTHING the NCAA is the right thing?

BG03: "hey did you guys see the new Pirates movie"

tgr4lfe:"whats that supposed to mean? you still whining about the NCAA? get over it man"

wartim: "dark pink jersey, west vance, fear my fangers, cheaters,"...rinse wash repeat.

247509[/snapback]

I'm sorry but that was funny BG, and I agree that the NCAA stumbles over their feet to look like they are in charge sometimes.

Archived