Actual NYT article

vatz22au

Can you say agenda? Go to hell Thamel, your a tool

Link

I believe this same guy tried to stir trouble earlier with AU as well.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you say agenda?  Go to hell Thamel, your a tool

Link

I believe this same guy tried to stir trouble earlier with AU as well.

247490[/snapback]

Auburn students who have "professor Gundlach" should report to class this fall wearing football jerseys. Then turn around and face the rear wall during his lectures. What a *****bag. Better yet if no one signs up for his classes they'll have to fire him.

We successfully persuaded the band to refrain from playing opponent's fight songs by mobilizing. I'd like to see this turd wrangler face a sea of empty seats this fall.

This is what pisses me off "After Professor Gundlach turned over many of his findings to The New York Times and a reporter began questioning administrators in May..." How many of you, when upset with your boss, "turn your findings in to the NY Times?"

What pisses me off further is that this EXACT same thing is occurring right this moment at UT, at LSU, at UGA, at Michigan, at Ohio State, at Notre Dame, at USC, at Texas, at Cal, at Penn State... all the schools with big time football programs. It's even occurring at schools like MSU, Ole Miss and Alabama. It's not illegal. It's not unethical. It's standard procedure.

!($% !^#*U$^&*"!#$^&O!#$^7!(#$^%&!#@&$^!#^$%)^$&!. <deleted>

turd wrangler

Thats funny!

But you are right. No offense to sociology majors out there...but wherever there is a University offering sociology as a major...there will always be an ENTIRE major of crutch classes. Its at every university...why single out AU?

turd wrangler

Thats funny!

But you are right. No offense to sociology majors out there...but wherever there is a University offering sociology as a major...there will always be an ENTIRE major of crutch classes. Its at every university...why single out AU?

247505[/snapback]

I think I could have told them sociology classes were easy, I wonder why the NYT didn't contact me for the article

Its at every university...why single out AU?

247505[/snapback]

Deep down you know.

Who owns the Tuscaloosa News?

247507[/snapback]

Had the roles been reversed and I made the same suggestion and the NYT owned the opelika newspaper...you would have flat out killed me for it.

But here's your gold medal you win the world record for jumping to conclusions.

the new york times must be hard up for material to put in their RAG. how many times does a prof with sour grapes get articles written in a national paper? why does the writer bring up everything negative about AU in the story that's unrelated to the story?

i smell some elephants somewhere...!

247505[/snapback]

Deep down you know.

247507[/snapback]

Had the roles been reversed and I made the same suggestion and the NYT owned the opelika newspaper...you would have flat out killed me for it.

247510[/snapback]

It should be noted that the OA news seems to enjoy making Auburn look bad more so than digging up dirt about ua

247505[/snapback]

Deep down you know.

247507[/snapback]

Yep it's all A conspiracy against Auburn.....LOL

You guys have GOT to be kidding me if you think Tuscaloosa news told NYT would tell the NYT what to write.

Isnt it just perfect...the first hint of trouble and you guys dont look at the problem or how to fix it...you blame bama for it. After 5 years of dogging us for feeling cheated by UT. It takes 37 seconds and you guys instantly blame bama.

UA didnt create your sociology dept. Blame them. But at least this way you get to keep that AU double standard going.

I guess the SACS issues were part of a big Bama conspiracy too huh?

Hey I'll bet Montae Pitts and Kevin Sears were TRICKED into getting drunk by some bama fan.

Trey Blackmon didnt get in trouble...it was just a bama media story.

You know what...I dont think AU lost to Wisconsin...i think Bama pulled their media strings and got all the news outlets to show a staged game that never really happened.

Bamagrad has great points on this......give him some "credit"......thanks for being human, bamagrad......

To me there's nothing to blame the"TAHD" about, because this story is nothing. What rules were broke?

Auburn students who have "professor Gundlach" should report to class this fall wearing football jerseys.  Then turn around and face the rear wall during his lectures.  What a *****bag.  Better yet if no one signs up for his classes they'll have to fire him. 

We successfully persuaded the band to refrain from playing opponent's fight songs by mobilizing.  I'd like to see this turd wrangler face a sea of empty seats this fall.

This is what pisses me off "After Professor Gundlach turned over many of his findings to The New York Times and a reporter began questioning administrators in May..."  How many of you, when upset with your boss, "turn your findings in to the NY Times?" 

What pisses me off further is that this EXACT same thing is occurring right this moment  at UT, at LSU, at UGA, at Michigan, at Ohio State, at Notre Dame, at USC, at Texas, at Cal, at Penn State... all the schools with big time football programs. It's even occurring at schools like MSU, Ole Miss and Alabama. It's not illegal. It's not unethical. It's standard procedure.

!($% !^#*U$^&*"!#$^&O!#$^7!(#$^%&!#@&$^!#^$%)^$&!.  <deleted>

247496[/snapback]

I think the turning his "findings" over to the NYT is a bit queer, however your comment about "...this exact same thing is occurring right this moment at UT, LSU, UGA, Michicgan....." is the most blatant example of "if everyone else is doing it, that makes it OK" that I've ever seen. Moral relativism doesn't work...you can call professor Kelly Jolley and he'll be more than happy to explain it to you.

Just because other schools are bending the rules doesn't mean Auburn ought to, nor does it mean that it's OK when we do. If there is truely something wrong going on in the AU sociology department, I hope it gets cleared up...even if it means losing scholarships in one or many sports. Winning the wrong way isn't an admirable accomplishment.

That said, I truely hope that this is more of a witchhunt than it is a real problem. I'd hate to see the program take a step backward at this point in time, but I'd rather see that than let it slide now and have it balloon into an uncontrolled frenzy of NCAA violations down the road. Nip it in the bud and be done with it...

247505[/snapback]

Deep down you know.

247507[/snapback]

247510[/snapback]

Seriously, BG. Not jumping. I know what I know.

Warren St. John, Cecil Hurt, David Wasson -- Thamel the vehicle. Bama. Bama. Bama. Tool.

I'm not pissed about it or trying to stir anything up. You don't have to be Monk, Columbo, Goren and Eames or even Paris Hilton to connect those dots.

Let's be whiney and shoot the messenger. So much more fun than fixing the problem. This sounds like a problem. Maybe not a violation, but not the way a University should operate.

Auburn students who have "professor Gundlach" should report to class this fall wearing football jerseys.  Then turn around and face the rear wall during his lectures.  What a *****bag.  Better yet if no one signs up for his classes they'll have to fire him. 

We successfully persuaded the band to refrain from playing opponent's fight songs by mobilizing.  I'd like to see this turd wrangler face a sea of empty seats this fall.

This is what pisses me off "After Professor Gundlach turned over many of his findings to The New York Times and a reporter began questioning administrators in May..."  How many of you, when upset with your boss, "turn your findings in to the NY Times?" 

What pisses me off further is that this EXACT same thing is occurring right this moment  at UT, at LSU, at UGA, at Michigan, at Ohio State, at Notre Dame, at USC, at Texas, at Cal, at Penn State... all the schools with big time football programs. It's even occurring at schools like MSU, Ole Miss and Alabama. It's not illegal. It's not unethical. It's standard procedure.

!($% !^#*U$^&*"!#$^&O!#$^7!(#$^%&!#@&$^!#^$%)^$&!.  <deleted>

247496[/snapback]

I think the turning his "findings" over to the NYT is a bit queer, however your comment about "...this exact same thing is occurring right this moment at UT, LSU, UGA, Michicgan....." is the most blatant example of "if everyone else is doing it, that makes it OK" that I've ever seen. Moral relativism doesn't work...you can call professor Kelly Jolley and he'll be more than happy to explain it to you.

Just because other schools are bending the rules doesn't mean Auburn ought to, nor does it mean that it's OK when we do. If there is truely something wrong going on in the AU sociology department, I hope it gets cleared up...even if it means losing scholarships in one or many sports. Winning the wrong way isn't an admirable accomplishment.

That said, I truely hope that this is more of a witchhunt than it is a real problem. I'd hate to see the program take a step backward at this point in time, but I'd rather see that than let it slide now and have it balloon into an uncontrolled frenzy of NCAA violations down the road. Nip it in the bud and be done with it...

247529[/snapback]

You miss the point. It's not bending the rules if the rules don't prohibit it.

Say you drive to work every day on the same road. The speed limit is 90. Everybody does. 90. Then some slow moving turd wrangler gets mad because cars are passing him. So he calls the newspaper and complains that the speed limit on that road is too high. So the newspaper calls your house because you drive 90 on that road and writes a four page article about how you drive 90 every single day. It interviews people from your neighborhood who say things like "90's awful fast, you might could get hurt that way." or "I probably wouldn't drive 90." The newspaper doesn't check with any of the hundreds of other drivers who use the same road and do 90 every day. In fact, their headline reads "Speed demon, burning up highway: 'Unsafe' neighbors say"

The state sends a road crew out and decides that the speed limit for that section of road should be reduced to 75 for safety reasons. Are you going to get a ticket for all the times you went 90 before the limit was changed? Are all the other drivers who drove 90 for years?

This isn't about "if everybody's breaking the rules...." No, this is about something that, while perhaps not in the overall best interests of the academic advancement of highly-skilled athletes (and who are we kidding, what benefits a Carnell or a Ken Darby or a Vince Young more -- an hour and a half in professor Numbnuts class or an hour in the weight room), is permissable and has been occurring for decades. Occurring for decades at Auburn and everywhere else.

I'm curious as to what Gundlach's motive is....Is it money...fame...I have a hard time believeing that he would go to all this trouble just to do the right thing, considering the consequences he might face.

I'm curious as to what Gundlach's motive is....Is it money...fame...I have a hard time believeing that he would go to all this trouble just to do the right thing, considering the consequences he might face.

247535[/snapback]

I don't know him, but he may just be an academic with principles who sees his discipline and department acting unethically and becoming a joke. I don't see a significant upside for him. Look at the quick reaction he's already gotten here.

Let's be whiney and shoot the messenger.  So much more fun than fixing the problem.  This sounds like a problem.  Maybe not a violation, but not the way a University should operate.

247532[/snapback]

You guys kill me.

If it's legal -- and it is -- LOTS of people take these courses, not just athletes, then what are we really talking about here? We're talking about NOTHING.

Tell me T2, what happens to Auburn (or Alabama, or Tennessee, or Georgia, or USC) football when you tell an athlete that he has to do substantially more than is required in the classroom if he wants to attend your school? You guys keep up with recruiting like it was life and death. What happens? What happens when you put them in class with a *****bag like Gundlach who CLEARLY has an anti-athlete bias?

You have to strike a balance and find the happy medium between what's best for the athlete, the school and the program. If the system allows it and it's perfectly legal, you give the athletes the same treatment others get -- the ability to take directed reading classes. That's what happened here.

I don't know him, but he may just be an academic with principles who sees his discipline and department acting unethically and becoming a joke.  I don't see a significant upside for him.  Look at the quick reaction he's already gotten here.

247536[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

You should go on tour. If he had principles, he wouldn't have scurried to the NYT. That shows what kind of person he is.

To me there's nothing to blame the"TAHD" about, because this story is nothing. What rules were broke?

247524[/snapback]

True. Where is the rules violation? It not necessarily right, but it is not something that needs to be published by one of the nations largest newspaper like someone outing a CIA agent. I'm not saying do not report it but why go to the NY Times unless you want to make the uni look bad for whatever personal bitch, gripe, complaint you have. There are many fine newspapers regionally where people who are closer to the university are going to read it. It makes me wonder if Thamel does not have some agenda as well.

Grunlach is a tool who has sour grapes because he did not get Peete fired or removed from leading the department. This is the only reason we are typing anything on a message board about it. He did not get his way so he is going to go out and yell from the biggest mountain top he can find that "Auburn is dirty!!!!!".

I wonder if he is one of the profs on campus who hate or loath the athletic programs of the university.

Again I am reminded that of Shug Jordan's quote about Auburn tearing its self apart.

:puke::puke::puke:

From the sound of it, the problem has already been corrected. If he is not teaching so many independent study classes anymore, where is the problem that needs correcting?

247535[/snapback]

It's called the Faculty vs. Athletics that go on in many places. It was ground zero for the SACS investigation. This type of situation has been parodied in numerous movies. It's nothing new. Generally speaking, the Faculty doesn't like the attention and money Athletics get and the alleged special treatment "stars" get. It's very likely Gundlach feels betrayed that a fellow Prof would "help the other side." So he drags that Prof and the enemy down in swipe. There are no consequences because the Faculty generally stick together and work much alike a union. On top of that, the faculty are contracted. He can move on when his contract is up if he wants. AU is not going to fire him nor could they w/o breaking the contract.

Archived