Actual NYT article

vatz22au

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN's Cold Pizza also broke the story this morning, and Woody and Skip basically did what everyone was expecting.  Skip said that it happens everywhere and that the NCAA had no case.  Woody, my favorite delusional sports writer, said that players took easy classes and so what he did too in college.

247834[/snapback]

Maybe a little sanity?

why would Professor Gundlach not go to Edward Richardson, Auburn’s interim president to handle this situation ?

When u have a problem in the family do u call up a national paper ?

i didnt take the trash out last night and now the wife is pissed and so i hope she doesnt call USA today to cover the story. 

when u have problems in house u try to handle them in house.

Edward Richardson, Professor Gundlach, Professor Petee’s, Tommy Tuberville should had a meeting and talked about the findings before u run to your national paper.

247698[/snapback]

EXCELLENT POINT!

My dean gave me a big break on my first degree from Auburn. Apparently, if I would have been a football player, Auburn would be under investigation. This is such sillyness, to act like professors have never done favors for regular students is garbage. Only a gap-toothed Alabama hick/fan who never stepped foot on a college would fall for this story.

It was at that point that I figured the corruption runs the full gantlet of the administration,” Professor Gundlach said. “We were getting sociology majors graduating without taking sociology classes. I’m a director of a program putting out people who I know more than likely don’t deserve a degree.”

He just said the university he works for the WHOLE system is corrupt...what and idiot..

just to add fuel to the fire, i saw the NYT truck in tuscaloosa the other day.

247957[/snapback]

Must of been full of :bs: on its way to the printing press in NY. :big::poke:

/joke

just to add fuel to the fire, i saw the NYT truck in tuscaloosa the other day.

247957[/snapback]

Must of been full of :bs: on its way to the printing press in NY. :big::poke:

/joke

247959[/snapback]

haha, yeah your right.

I guess I’m glad they didn’t mention “Organic Gardening.” I would have been under investigation.

Whew! That was a close one!

Guys,

I got this from a fraternity brother of mine who lives in Auburn (Not that living in Auburn makes it anymore true, but he is still pretty involved with things on campus),

"I have heard that Professor Gundlach and Professor Peete have not ever gotten along and have always been competing for more prestige within the Sociology department at Auburn. The word in Auburn is that these Gundlach has a vendetta against Peete since he was named department head and this noise we are hearing is directed as much at the character of Peete as it is at the Auburn football team."

"Apparently the course Peete was teaching are common and are often taken by co-op and off-campus students who need to accumulate credits in elective courses. The classes apparently meet the first day of class and then the rest of the quarter is filled with writing papers at the student's pace, sometimes without another scheduled meeting in class the rest of the semester. All of the class work is done through correspondence with the professor all the way up to and including the final paper at the end of the semester."

"I would not get too nervous after seeing how the whole Linda Bensel-Meyer issue at Tennessee faded without any rebuke from the NCAA a couple of years ago."

My own thoughts....

The NCAA will have no case in that if they hit AU with anything they need to go back and hit the other schools that have gotten off in the recent past (UT)!

The NYT is hurting for articles. It's not enough that they rat out the US Gov, they need to post articles about easy classes. At least they are covering the whole spectrum of news all the way down to the insignificant.

Like Matt Lienart, I also took social dance! And guess what......There were football players in there too.

Peace out!

AUYopp '00

Let us remember, Dr. Petee has denied giving easy or inflated grades. This is a he said she said thing.

Given the NYT track record, I am inclined to believe Dr. Petee.

Can you say agenda?  Go to hell Thamel, your a tool

Link

I believe this same guy tried to stir trouble earlier with AU as well.

247490[/snapback]

Auburn students who have "professor Gundlach" should report to class this fall wearing football jerseys. Then turn around and face the rear wall during his lectures. What a *****bag. Better yet if no one signs up for his classes they'll have to fire him.

We successfully persuaded the band to refrain from playing opponent's fight songs by mobilizing. I'd like to see this turd wrangler face a sea of empty seats this fall.

This is what pisses me off "After Professor Gundlach turned over many of his findings to The New York Times and a reporter began questioning administrators in May..." How many of you, when upset with your boss, "turn your findings in to the NY Times?"

What pisses me off further is that this EXACT same thing is occurring right this moment at UT, at LSU, at UGA, at Michigan, at Ohio State, at Notre Dame, at USC, at Texas, at Cal, at Penn State... all the schools with big time football programs. It's even occurring at schools like MSU, Ole Miss and Alabama. It's not illegal. It's not unethical. It's standard procedure.

!($% !^#*U$^&*"!#$^&O!#$^7!(#$^%&!#@&$^!#^$%)^$&!. <deleted>

247496[/snapback]

We would never allow something so disgraceful as this to occur at LSU. Shame on you, Auburn! Time to take your medicine like a man.

We would never allow something so disgraceful as this to occur at LSU.  Shame on you, Auburn!  Time to take your medicine like a man.

248006[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Surely you are not that ignorant.

You guys have GOT to be kidding me if you think Tuscaloosa news told NYT would tell the NYT what to write.

Isnt it just perfect...the first hint of trouble and you guys dont look at the problem or how to fix it...you blame bama for it. After 5 years of dogging us for feeling cheated by UT. It takes 37 seconds and you guys instantly blame bama.

UA didnt create your sociology dept. Blame them. But at least this way you get to keep that AU double standard going.

I guess the SACS issues were part of a big Bama conspiracy too huh?

Hey I'll bet Montae Pitts and Kevin Sears were TRICKED into getting drunk by some bama fan.

Trey Blackmon didnt get in trouble...it was just a bama media story.

You know what...I dont think AU lost to Wisconsin...i think Bama pulled their media strings and got all the news outlets to show a staged game that never really happened.

247520[/snapback]

You're pretty good at coming up with the conspiracy theories. I remember the list of them that you served up a few years back when the NCAA set up shop in Ttown...good stuff. :o

This whole story is simply a weak attempt at fud to serve somebody's pathetic agenda and it will go away just as the crap they said about Chet Williams. Looks like Auburn has a disgruntled prof on their hands, still pissed off at the fact that Petee got the promotion and he didn't. How he's not on paid leave for slander is beyond me.

I just hope all the bammars get their jollies off this story now because I think they're all fearing what's just around the corner...football season. B)

I remember the list of them that you served up a few years back when the NCAA set up shop in Ttown...good stuff.

I know you dont do drugs...so i dont know where that came from. All I ever said was that it was pretty sad that the NCAA turned a blind eye to all that went on in knoxvegas while hammering us.

Can you say agenda?  Go to hell Thamel, your a tool

Link

I believe this same guy tried to stir trouble earlier with AU as well.

247490[/snapback]

Auburn students who have "professor Gundlach" should report to class this fall wearing football jerseys. Then turn around and face the rear wall during his lectures. What a *****bag. Better yet if no one signs up for his classes they'll have to fire him.

We successfully persuaded the band to refrain from playing opponent's fight songs by mobilizing. I'd like to see this turd wrangler face a sea of empty seats this fall.

This is what pisses me off "After Professor Gundlach turned over many of his findings to The New York Times and a reporter began questioning administrators in May..." How many of you, when upset with your boss, "turn your findings in to the NY Times?"

What pisses me off further is that this EXACT same thing is occurring right this moment at UT, at LSU, at UGA, at Michigan, at Ohio State, at Notre Dame, at USC, at Texas, at Cal, at Penn State... all the schools with big time football programs. It's even occurring at schools like MSU, Ole Miss and Alabama. It's not illegal. It's not unethical. It's standard procedure.

!($% !^#*U$^&*"!#$^&O!#$^7!(#$^%&!#@&$^!#^$%)^$&!. <deleted>

247496[/snapback]

We would never allow something so disgraceful as this to occur at LSU. Shame on you, Auburn! Time to take your medicine like a man.

248006[/snapback]

Thats right, never would LSU pay settlement to instructors who came forward and were told by the athletic department to pass football players that they failed :o

bg, YOU need to remember that you are a guest here and at least make an attempt to hide your glee.

If this is all you uaters have got, I really pity YOU. 

Im not a guest here anymore than you are.

One thing a few of you guys havent touched on is the story about the player getting to take the class 10 weeks into the season where he had to read one book. Thats one thing that really stuck out to me. Easy classes is one thing...but ive never heard of someone getting to enroll in a class 10 weeks in.

247736[/snapback]

As far as I'm concerned you and and any visitor from another school are guests on this board. And I say the same for me when I visit other school's boards, even those I contribute to.

bg, YOU need to remember that you are a guest here and at least make an attempt to hide your glee.

If this is all you uaters have got, I really pity YOU. 

Im not a guest here anymore than you are.

One thing a few of you guys havent touched on is the story about the player getting to take the class 10 weeks into the season where he had to read one book. Thats one thing that really stuck out to me. Easy classes is one thing...but ive never heard of someone getting to enroll in a class 10 weeks in.

247736[/snapback]

Nope. Not suprisingly, you're wrong. As usual, I'm way ahead of you ( :poke: ): Link

I'll admit it doesn't look good. However, I don't have all the facts in front of me -- just a hit piece from the yellow journalism mouthpiece, the NYT. The prudent thing to do would be to wait on the university's investigation before passing judgement.

A little more proof from Gundlach that his motivating factor was the huge chip on his shoulder from Petee's work

from http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2520055

He also told the Opelika-Auburn News that Petee started doing the directed-reading in small numbers just in criminology courses but the numbers grew and included sociology, which Gundlach teaches.

"I didn't think it was appropriate for him to take over teaching the sociology major entirely on his own in a directed-reading format. It was an insult to me and what I do," Gundlach said.

You are retiring from a univeristy; one would think you would have grown up by now, Gundlach.

Archived