Post for Bama Fans.

DKW 86

I congratulate the Bama masses on NOT taking on Huie. He wrote 13 books, sold 8M copies and had I think 3-4 movies made of those books.

Huie is really a Bama hero and he is your Gundlach, although on a whole lot more classy and funny plain. As for us, we will survive this. If you are doing something and the Devil leaves you alone, maybe it is because he doesnt think you are worthy of his attention.

CAS, what is it you have with the pic anyway? It is on the AUNation Avatars page, we do have a sense of humor about ourselves.

http://aunation.net/avatars.html

Things I have noticed in this thread.

Bama people saying don't blame others.... three words University of Tenn. There is no way in any form this can be a conspiracy.... NCAA stickers removed from helmet in protest.

Congrats Bama fans, if being blamed and hearing conspiracy for things that anonymously got turned in bugs you.......... well now you know how we felt for the better part of 5 years every time you opened your mouth. Oh, and I beleive we framed Price also according to alot at Alabama fans.

Thats right, anonymous, Gundlach didn't turn Auburn in or go to the Times. Someone sent Thamel an anonymous letter and told him to go to Gundlach and he did. They also knew enough about Thamel to put a Dr. Suess on the envelope which has significance to him, it was in his Finebaum interview, to make sure it drew his attention. I'm not saying that one guy did it, the Bama guy or fan at the NYT, but I don't think its out of the realm of possibility. If rolls were turned around I have no doubt that Bama message boards would be crying foul by Auburn this very moment. Gundlach says he discussed this with other university employees so its possible it was one of them. Though without having worked or know Thamel, which that one cat does and people at the Tuscaloosa Times would, how would they know what to put on the letter to draw his attention and keep it from going unopened in the trash.

Far as SACS, they were here and reviewd the academics and gave it clearance, the entire SACS thing was initiated by Auburn itself to deal with the board of trustees.. the reason for the original investigation didn't even involve academics. Which I have never seen a AU person say our trustee's are not a problem.

For picking up a IS class late, there is no crime in that. Heck I even linked where the University of Alabama (notice I'm not some lamer that feels the need to insult your university) independent study rules state that a IS class can be added at any point during the calander year. The University of Oklahoma has the same rule, and Ill bet if you go to Georgia, Tenn, Vandy, LSU you will find the same rule. You don't think that SACS has seen that rule? It also states that a minimum amount of time neccesary to complete a class based upon credit hours, and its not one week for 6 hours, and no class can be completed in under two weeks.

I agree that the C&W doesn't need to adopt a "holier than thou" attitude because I don't think Auburn's "independent studies/easy class" situation is unique or even that unusual.

On the other hand--and this probably won't make me very popular on this board--I think it's somewhat hypocritical to complain about Bama fans living in the past if we bring up 30-40-50-year-old (or more) stories to try to tarnish the Tide. If we want to drag up ancient history, why not start a new "History" forum where Bama fans can brag about Bear all day and Auburn fans can talk about ancient Bama cheating all day. On that board I'll root for Rome--they were kicking everybody's butt 2000 years ago!!

Meanwhile...

I'm going crazy waiting! ...arrrgghhhh! :o

WHERE'S THE COUNTDOWN CLOCK ???

COME ON NIP !!!! :cheer:

BG, Facts are Facts... I know how much you hate dealing with reality and truth, but the TRUTH is UAT has gotten Auburn in more trouble than Auburn has gotten Auburn in.

There are NO facts in this deal that indicate Bama had anything to do with your professor whining to the NYT.

250297[/snapback]

obviously comprehension is difficult for you. Show me in my post where I said anything about UAT being responsible for this professor doing what he did. I'll wait.... meanwhile....back to reality.....UAT is still responsible for Auburns troubles more than Auburn is responsible... Everybody knows that to be a FACT.....even you....

Wasn't it your "cheating legend" the one that said...."Everytime we(uat) get investigated Auburn goes on probation" that speaks VOLUMES....

BG, Facts are Facts... I know how much you hate dealing with reality and truth, but the TRUTH is UAT has gotten Auburn in more trouble than Auburn has gotten Auburn in.

There are NO facts in this deal that indicate Bama had anything to do with your professor whining to the NYT.

250297[/snapback]

There are no facts that this is a is a violation of anything but sorry reporting.

I think everyone here has already said that crip courses exist at every school. I dont understand what your point is.

250191[/snapback]

So tell this to your buds on some bama boards. With the Collier Magazine article in the back of my mind I suggested that some folks on CT were being hypoctirical in their comments on the NYT article (I mistakenly said porkchop but there were many others). Why don't you post the two links David used above on CT and see what the reaction is? :poke:

Six of the threads on the front page of CT right now concern Auburn and the NYT article.

Thats right, anonymous, Gundlach didn't turn Auburn in or go to the Times.

Prove it

There are no facts that this is a is a violation of anything but sorry reporting.

I never said it was a violation. I said that this thread was pointless as many bama fans here have already stated that the whole crip course thing is a non issue.

UAT is still responsible for Auburns troubles more than Auburn is responsible

Even if someone tells on you...there has to be something there for you to get in trouble. You can blame us for Eric Ramsey all you want...but if we told on you and there was nothing there, you would have never gotten in trouble.

This is a perfect example of you not wanting to own up to your own school's problems.

Bama people saying don't blame others.... three words University of Tenn. There is no way in any form this can be a conspiracy.... NCAA stickers removed from helmet in protest.

Everybody in the SEC agrees that what Fulmer did was shady...and that UT got preferrential treatment. UT didnt write the check to Albert means...but the had just as much guilt on their plate...and they got away without any punishment. You cant compare that to this situation.

I congratulate the Bama masses on NOT taking on Huie. He wrote 13 books, sold 8M copies and had I think 3-4 movies made of those books.

Huie is really a Bama hero and he is your Gundlach, although on a whole lot more classy and funny plain. As for us, we will survive this. If you are doing something and the Devil leaves you alone, maybe it is because he doesnt think you are worthy of his attention.

CAS, what is it you have with the pic anyway? It is on the AUNation Avatars page, we do have a sense of humor about ourselves. 

I still dont understand your point...if you dont the the NYT article holds any merit...then why are you trying to call us out for the same stuff? Either it has merit and both schools are wrong...or neither. You cant have it both ways.

Prove it

http://www.finebaum.com/audio_current.html

7/14, Interview with Pete Thamel, the guy that wrote the story. I'm sorry that you couldn't comprehend that it was on Finebaum's site when I said in his Finebaum interview. Thanks for accusing me of being a liar you ass.

Everybody in the SEC agrees that what Fulmer did was shady...and that UT got preferrential treatment. UT didnt write the check to Albert means...but the had just as much guilt on their plate...and they got away without any punishment. You cant compare that to this situation.

Guess what, if noone writes a check then it doesn't matter what Fulmer did. So its your own fault. Or are you saying that the everyone else does it excuse is a legit excuse. You cheated, you got turned in, and its noone's fault but Alabama's.

I got in trouble some as a kid, and turned in by others to save their own butts, it didn't matter to my mom who turned me in if I had commited the act, matter of fact I got in worse trouble for trying to claim she wouldn't have known if X person didn't turn me in.

Course the Fulmer situation is funny, cause he pulled on Bama what the Bahr pulled on the rest of the conference. Turning in others to keep the NCAA of his own back.

It has worked well for old Phil !

Even if someone tells on you...there has to be something there for you to get in trouble. You can blame us for Eric Ramsey all you want...but if we told on you and there was nothing there, you would have never gotten in trouble.

BG, you are too smart for this kind of statement. Everybody involved with both schools knows Auburn was setup by some UAT attorney's and it happened right after the Iron Bowl was moved from Birmingham. Coincidence??? We both know better than that.

This is a perfect examply of how UAT is constantly doing anything (cheating for more than 80 years, turning in other programs, and even setting up one program in particular) they can to be the top dog in the state.. We also both know that UAT micro-management doesn't stop with undermining other programs either....remember "The Machine" that is still alive and kicking?

This is a perfect example of you not wanting to own up to your own school's problems.

This coming from the same person that still won't admit that UAT was GUILTY AS SIN in their latest bout with the NCAA.

Archived