McKinney/Lieberman

TexasTiger

The so-called Librul media has made much of another Dem challenging incumbent Lieberman, but had missed this brewing story all together. Didn't fit their pre-fabbed framework, I guess:

July 19 - "Georgia voters punish" McKinney (The Hill)

07/19/2006

Rep. McKinney forced into runoff, Reed loses

By Jonathan E. Kaplan

July 19, 2006

The Hill

(LINK TO ORIGINAL ARTICLE)

Georgia voters punished two candidates tarred by controversy in Tuesday's primary, defeating former director of the Christian Coalition Ralph Reed, and forcing Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-Ga.) into a run-off.

In a vote that stunned political observers, McKinney barely edged DeKalb County Commissioner Hank Johnson, but fell short of the 50 percent needed to avoid a runoff.

With 98 percent of precincts reporting, McKinney had 28,518 votes, Johnson had 27,082, and businessman John Coyne collected 5,216,

Johnson, who is African American, will face McKinney in an Aug. 8 runoff. Tuesday's vote is viewed as a clear rejection of McKinney's late March scuffle with a Capitol police officer and it could also be an indication that the congresswoman's decision not to participate in two televised debates was a mistake.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution endorsed Johnson days before the race.

The winner of the runoff is all but assured to win in the general election this November against Republican Catherine Davis.

As the votes were being tallied, the McKinney campaign put out a release claiming that the Diebold electronic voting machines were malfunctioning and that "lawyers for the campaign have been alerted."

Asked if McKinney will pursue legal action, campaign spokesman Jocco Baccus said Wednesday, "No decision has been made."

"The battle's engaged and I intend to win," said McKinney early Wednesday. She had planned to celebrate a victory at 11 p.m. Tuesday night, but those plans were put off.

The McKinney-Johnson runoff will occur on the same day of the contentious Senate Democratic primary in Connecticut where Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-Conn.) is facing a major battle against Ned Lamont (D). Lieberman has said he will run as an independent if he loses to Lamont.

He has no point other than the DNC talking point. McKinney is a nutcase and represents the pinheads that have hijacked the democrat party in the highest manner.

If Georgia voters had "punished" her as this article states, she would have lost in the primaries and sent packing. Unfortunately, the sane people in her district are outnumbered by the government entitlement crowd. This is the only reason she is in office. You could find McKinney sucking on a crack pipe while beating a cop as she is pulling sacks full of bribe money out of the freezer and these yahoos would still vote for her.

If by " punish " , it is meant that the voters of the 4th District freely elect those who they think can better represent them in D.C. , then I guess they're guilty. But what we're really witnessing here is a sense of entitlement by those who think that Cynthia McKinney and those of like mind are destined to control certain seats of power.

I still don't see the point in trying to compare Lieberman and McKinney. :huh:

According to some articles I have read, not only the Democratic Party but the Congressional Black Caucus are very happy with the thought that Cynthia McKinney may lose her seat to another black Democrat who won't bring so much negative attention to themselves with their irrational and unstable behavior. There is no risk that a Republican will win this seat, and the run-off is between two black Democrats, one of whom is not a psycho, so it is a win-win situation for the Dems.

The Lib-rul media is ready to fry Lieberman because he is a moderate. They are taking vicarious pleasure in running out of office a man who votes his conscience and not the party line. This fits their agenda perfectly.

McKinney is being punished for being too big a coward for not showing up for even ONE debate. She was scared of something to miss both debates. Wonder what she is hiding?

You gotta love that she is claiming voter fraud in a DEM primary...So who frauded her, the Dems? :roflol:

You gotta love that she is claiming voter fraud in a DEM primary...So who frauded her, the Dems?  :roflol:

250536[/snapback]

She is actually claiming voter fraud in her party's own primary? You have to be kidding me! This shows how out of control this lady is. No wonder the dems want her gone if possible.

the run-off is between two black Democrats, one of whom is not a psycho, so it is a win-win situation for the Dems.

250531[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol:

I grew up in Atlanta so I know first hand how crazy/stupid this lady is. Man I hope they get rid of her.

the run-off is between two black Democrats, one of whom is not a psycho, so it is a win-win situation for the Dems.

250531[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol:

I grew up in Atlanta so I know first hand how crazy/stupid this lady is. Man I hope they get rid of her.

250609[/snapback]

We voted Cynthia out of office back in '02. After she trashed the Dems and her and her father blamed the " J-E-W-S " for her loss , she somehow cozied her way back into office after Denise Majette mysteriously left the seat open to pursue a US Senate seat, which she lost to John Linder. ( She never had a chance in that race )

Archived