Court distractions continue for Bama

quietfan

It just won't go away. Once again, Bama football will have to share the media stage with a Bama court case this fall:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh...1750.xml&coll=2

Culpepper dismissed from defamation case

Recruiting analyst Tom Culpepper has been dismissed from a defamation case brought by former University of Alabama booster Ray Keller.

Jackson County Circuit Judge Wallace Haralson released Culpepper from the case Friday afternoon, but left the NCAA and former infractions committee chairman Thomas Yeager as defendants in Keller's defamation and invasion of privacy suit.

Culpepper was the confidential witness against Alabama in the February 2002 findings of football recruiting violations.

A Tuscaloosa County jury awarded $30 million judgment against Culpepper to former Alabama assistant football coach Ronnie Cottrell last summer. But the verdict was thrown out in November when Judge Steve Wilson ruled it was "severely flawed."

There remains a possibility that Culpepper could be called as a witness in the case of Keller, a Stevenson timber man who was labeled a "rogue" booster by Yeager when the NCAA announced its findings.

Haralson dismissed Keller's complaints of conspiracy engineered by Culpepper, Tennessee football coach Phillip Fulmer and NCAA investigator Rich Johanningmeier to gut the Alabama football program.

He also ruled that it would be up to a jury to determine Keller's status as a public/private figure.

NCAA attorney Robert Rutherford was hoping Keller would be ruled a limited public figure, which would raise the plaintiff's burden of proof of damages.

"We felt fairly strongly that we could win at summary judgment," Rutherford said. "Unfortunately, Judge Haralson felt there were some issues that needed to go to a jury."

Keller's defamation and invasion of privacy suit against the NCAA and Yeager is tentatively scheduled to go to trial this fall.

"We're thrilled with the ruling. All Ray's ever wanted is his day in court," said Archie Lamb, Keller's attorney.

Also:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/huntsvil...1760.xml&coll=1

well be "quiet"fan, good lord man, who cares about it? Not me, WTH is a real tide fan doing "here" anyways? OBSESSION perhaps?

Monty Pitts, Sears, Blackmon, Mr.Peatee.....no distractions for the Barn huh?

AND YET ANOTHER THREAD THAT PROMOTES A PERCEIVED OBSESSION WITH ALABAMA

253335[/snapback]

Relax man, Alabama has already paid it's dues, we are not the ones in question here...This is a grudge against the NCAA, and the NCAA answers to no one, so the guy is out of luck as far as I'm concerned.

253335[/snapback]

FEAR THE THUMB!

253335[/snapback]

Im on here for the same reason im on UTvols.com and Tigerdroppings.com(LSU) and thats because I love football and like to know what is going on around the SEC and from day one there has been nothing on this site but threads devoted to The University of Alabama and nothing of importance about Auburn not to mention the "forum gods" will edit or delete this post just like they always do.....Typical

253335[/snapback]

Im on here for the same reason im on UTvols.com and Tigerdroppings.com(LSU) and thats because I love football and like to know what is going on around the SEC and from day one there has been nothing on this site but threads devoted to The University of Alabama and nothing of importance about Auburn not to mention the "forum gods" will edit or delete this post just like they always do.....Typical

253344[/snapback]

Get lost then. Jiminey Cricket! You complain like a little girl all the time but you keep coming back.

Someone posts an article about the NCAA and the stink still coming from that investigation into UAT and you take it personal like quitefan spit your uncle-daddy. Must still be sore from the boogering you got from the NCAA. Should we call you Ned Beaty? Did you squeal like a pig when it happened? You still seem to be squealing years later.

You complain about the "forum gods" here but many of the Turd sites ban posters as soon as it is realized they are Auburn fans. You are still around here. Not sure why, other than to whine like a little girl and the mods enjoy the entertainment of watching you give the good Bama fans a bad name.

Get a grip or get lost! Plain and simple.

253335[/snapback]

253344[/snapback]

Pitts.......... gone problem solved.

Sears......... suspended problem solved.

Blackmon..... suspended problem solved.

Petee...... easy prof when it came to independent study, rules being changed for those courses as we speak..... problem about to be solved.

I know one site that is bama run that banned all auburn.edu email addresses (I tried it, and so did my neighbor), so gimmie a break with the forum god crap. Personally if I was a mod I'd ban you from posting here cause of the barner/barn stuff, but I was raised not to step in anothers house and insult them. I would never go to a Alabama site and do that.

I'll lay good money down that I can go to a Alabama site right now and on the first page find Auburn posts that involve rumours, insults, etc. I know thats what will be there, and part of the reason I don't go to them.

Crapstone, grow a pair and stop whining like a pissy little girl. Either learn to post around here without pointing out all the things you don't like about the forum, or leave.

We've never banned anyone just for being a whinyass, but I'm about ready to make an exception if you don't get a clue.

Archived