Get Ready to Take Your Medicine, Aubbies

genuinelsutiger

I can't wait for the third week in September at Jerkin-Hare. It's all downhill from there, Aubbies! Geaux Tigers! :big:

We generally do enjoy the third week in September, since 1992 (In 90 & 91 we did not play each other) games played between LSU and AU held on that week Auburn is 7- 3 with wins in 92, 93, 94, 97, 99, 00, 04. So now you know the facts come to the realization we. . . well, I can not speak for all but I will be looking forward to it, just remember the last visit to JHS, get ready for some more. War Eagle!

I can't wait for the third week in September at Jerkin-Hare. It's all downhill from there, Aubbies! Geaux Tigers! :big:

We generally do enjoy the third week in September, since 1992 (In 90 & 91 we did not play each other) games played between LSU and AU held on that week Auburn is 7- 3 with wins in 92, 93, 94, 97, 99, 00, 04. So now you know the facts come to the realization we. . . well, I can not speak for all but I will be looking forward to it, just remember the last visit to JHS, get ready for some more. War Eagle!

I am looking forward to it. Great games between LSU and Auburn over the past few years and, once again, I think the path to the SEC West Championship will be determined by this game. Should be a good one.

:lsu:

I am looking forward to it. Great games between LSU and Auburn over the past few years and, once again, I think the path to the SEC West Championship will be determined by this game. Should be a good one.

Indeed, another OT thriller would not surprise me in the least. Good thing I am a young guy but those type are going to have to stop when I get older or I might need oxygen just to make it through. :big:

smellycorndog.jpg

I am so looking foreward to the showdown. Such a HUGE game. I may go down the night before & stay with my Aunt & Uncle that live in Auburn. Have a safe trip to AU LSU, & stop to use the toilet in Tuscaloser. That's about all they are good for. lol!

One of my friends is getting married on September 16. We received the invitation in the mail a few weeks back, and it had a reply card to let them know whether or not we were coming. I told my wife to write "Hell No!" on the card and send it back! Whether she did or not I don't know.

What kind of dumbass (in Alabama) gets married:

1. During football season

2. When Auburn or Alabama has a home game

3. On the weekend of ONE OF THE BIGGEST FRICKIN' GAMES OF THE FRICKIN' YEAR?

And to top it all off, they BOTH went to Auburn.

I don't give a s**t. I spent too much money on these tickets to miss what I think is the biggest home game we have this season. Does that make me an ass? Why, yes it does. Now ask me if I care.

One of my friends is getting married on September 16. We received the invitation in the mail a few weeks back, and it had a reply card to let them know whether or not we were coming. I told my wife to write "Hell No!" on the card and send it back! Whether she did or not I don't know.

What kind of dumbass (in Alabama) gets married:

1. During football season

2. When Auburn or Alabama has a home game

3. On the weekend of ONE OF THE BIGGEST FRICKIN' GAMES OF THE FRICKIN' YEAR?

And to top it all off, they BOTH went to Auburn.

I don't give a s**t. I spent too much money on these tickets to miss what I think is the biggest home game we have this season. Does that make me an ass? Why, yes it does. Now ask me if I care.

You aren't just an ass but, rather, a flaming a**hole. Go to the wedding, man. AU and LSU play every year. Weddings happen only once...normally. It's the right thing to do. Speaking of the right thing to do it's also the right thing to do give your tickets to someone deserving...someone who exemplifies the spirit of Auburn...someone who will take lots of pictures for you...someone who will down no less than a half case of beer in your honor prior to the game. And that person can be found in Augusta, GA. I'll be expecting your PM shortly. :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Speaking of the right thing to do it's also the right thing to do give your tickets to someone deserving...someone who exemplifies the spirit of Auburn...someone who will take lots of pictures for you...someone who will down no less than a half case of beer in your honor prior to the game. And that person can be found in Augusta, GA. I'll be expecting your PM shortly. :big:

I don't live in Augusta.

Just for clarification:

This "friend" isn't exactly a guy I hang out with a lot. As a matter of fact, I haven't talked to him in probably close to a year. Not to mention he tried to steal my girlfriend (now my wife) from me back in high school. Needless to say, he was unsuccessful. So it's not like I am missing my best friend's wedding or anything.

Just for clarification:

This "friend" isn't exactly a guy I hang out with a lot. As a matter of fact, I haven't talked to him in probably close to a year. Not to mention he tried to steal my girlfriend (now my wife) from me back in high school. Needless to say, he was unsuccessful. So it's not like I am missing my best friend's wedding or anything.

This guy scheduled his wedding on this date in hopes that you would not show up and tell his future wife that he had tried to steal your now wife.Oh yea....He still expects a gift. Send him a box of horse apples.

Better yet, send him an e-mail....

And remember, emoticons are your friend and can be very useful little guys to convey your message in the proper spirit. :no::moon::thumbsdown::puke:

All of the above are just a few examples of correct emoticon usage for a wedding invitation reply.

Hey esquire, I have an idea. The wedding will be in Dothan, so how about you be my proxy. Just swing by the church and write my name in the book, and everyone will be a winner! That is, if you don't mind leaving the game early to make it back in time... :big::lol::):thumbsup::cheer::big::P

Two of my friends (both went to bama) are getting married Alabama LSU (also UGA/AU) weekend. And said they dont understand why we are mad since its an away game for alabama. They said because they dont like football that we should get over it.

Two of my friends (both went to bama) are getting married Alabama LSU (also UGA/AU) weekend. And said they dont understand why we are mad since its an away game for alabama. They said because they dont like football that we should get over it.

I say stupidity abounds. I understand it is about the joining of two peoples lives but c'mon. Have some common sense concerning your wedding guests as well. I would hope they would at least have a through the roof reception with a big screen!

I say stupidity abounds. I understand it is about the joining of two peoples lives but c'mon. Have some common sense concerning your wedding guests as well. I would hope they would at least have a through the roof reception with a big screen!

You could always tailgate in the church parking lot before the wedding. Make it a kegger, that'd go over real well and then listen to the game during the wedding and then move the tailgating to the reception. I don't see the harm in that.

But Supper, back to your situation at hand. The past is the past so why dwell on it. If it bothers you that much then you should attend the reception and ask to dance with the lovely bride and then promptly feel her up. Would that suffice for revenge? Your friend obviously thought enough of you to invite you to this special day in his life. You should do the gentlemanly thing and riciprocate his offer by attending. It's only right. Likewise, you should do the gentlemanly thing and give me your tickets. And that too, Mr. Club, is the only right thing to do. What do you say TM? Am I right or wrong here? ;)

Guest Tigrinum Major

I concur with the esteemed gentleman from the Signal Corps.

Just a quick sidebar, Adam, does anyone on active duty wear BDUs anymore?

But Supper, back to your situation at hand. The past is the past so why dwell on it. If it bothers you that much then you should attend the reception and ask to dance with the lovely bride and then promptly feel her up. Would that suffice for revenge? Your friend obviously thought enough of you to invite you to this special day in his life. You should do the gentlemanly thing and riciprocate his offer by attending. It's only right. Likewise, you should do the gentlemanly thing and give me your tickets. And that too, Mr. Club, is the only right thing to do. What do you say TM? Am I right or wrong here? ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not holding a grudge against this guy. By-gones are by-gones. But to be quite honest, I am not so sure I would want to feel his bride up. They only invited us b/c they want a gift. We've already given them a gift, and even received the thank you note in the mail yesterday. That's good enough for me.

You are not getting my tickets. I will not miss this game.

My sister is having her 2nd baby on or around 11/1, so if you want my tickets to the Arkansas State game, maybe we can talk. :big: (And by talk I mean :$: )

You hit the nail on the head with the gift thing. I'm sorry, but it's just low to send out a bunch of invitations to people you haven't seen in years or in many cases, have never even met. JUST TO GET A FREAKIN' CRYSTAL PUNCH BOWL. As a man, I had little to do with planning the wedding or sending invites. But later, I'm sitting there writing thank you notes going...

"Dear Dr. Kavorkian,

Thanks for the gas mask and syringes...."

"Honey, who's Dr. Kavorkian? Is he on your side of the family?"

"Dear Dr. Kavorkian,

Thanks for the gas mask and syringes...."

"Honey, who's Dr. Kavorkian? Is he on your side of the family?"

You will wish he were at times and making house calls.

I concur with the esteemed gentleman from the Signal Corps.

Just a quick sidebar, Adam, does anyone on active duty wear BDUs anymore?

I'd say about 25% still do and those 25% are the boat rockers who will hold out till the drop dead date to get the ACUs. I haven't worn mine since before Christmas.

You are not getting my tickets. I will not miss this game.

My sister is having her 2nd baby on or around 11/1, so if you want my tickets to the Arkansas State game, maybe we can talk. :big: (And by talk I mean :$: )

Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying.

Arkansas St.? Yes, perhaps we can talk. I think I can scrape up enough change from under my couch cushions. <_<:poke:

Archived