Dansby concerned toe injury may end career

DKW 86

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha....xml&coll=2

Dansby concerned toe injury may end career

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Former Auburn linebacker and Woodlawn High School star Karlos Dansby says his NFL career may be over because of a toe injury.

Dansby said Arizona Cardinals' officials told him the problem could be a "career-ending injury," the Arizona Republic reported Monday.

Dansby, who hasn't practiced this fall, said the injury has caused problems in his leg muscles. Dansby says treatment is helping, and that he expects to eventually return, though he said the problem is spreading.

"It's moving up under my other toe, and it's causing my muscles in my left leg to shut down," Dansby said. "I'm having a real tough time right now. It's been like this for a couple of years now, and my body just can't take it anymore."

Dansby was an All-American at Auburn in 2003 and was a second-round pick by Arizona the following spring. Dansby had 69 tackles and three interceptions last season.

Bledsoe sharp in Dallas win:

SHREVEPORT, La. - Drew Bledsoe lobbed two passes into the end zone and saw his receivers make terrific catches on both in his preseason debut for the Dallas Cowboys.

Neither play, however, was made by the receiver everyone is waiting to see him throw to - Terrell Owens.

Terry Glenn reached around his defender's head and made a one-handed touchdown catch on Bledsoe's first lob, then Sam Hurd fought off his defender for another touchdown, getting the Cowboys rolling to a 30-7 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Monday night.

Bledsoe went 12-of-16 for 156 yards, leading Dallas to scores on three of four drives.

Colts: Jim Sorgi's shoulder injury may force the Indianapolis Colts to bring in a new backup quarterback.

Coach Tony Dungy said Monday the team was awaiting results from Sorgi's MRI exam before deciding whether to sign another backup.

"If it looks like he's going to miss some time and some practices, then it's something we might have to think about," Dungy said. "We'll probably know a little more tonight."

Sorgi was expected to back up two-time MVP Peyton Manning for the third straight season, but he came into training camp with a sore throwing shoulder and was hit hard in each of the Colts' first two preseason games.

Steelers: Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward practiced Monday after being out since Aug. 4 with a sore left hamstring. He has missed both exhibition games, although the Steelers' skill-position starters played little in either one.

Ward also had a short training camp last year, as a contract holdout that kept him out of camp for about two weeks. This time, he had a week's worth of practice before getting hurt.

Eagles: Philadelphia, desperate for a big running back, brought in former Auburn standout Stephen Davis for a physical and a workout to see if the 32-year-old veteran and his creaky knees can bolster an undersized running game hit with injury and inconsistency.

"He's been very productive in this league," coach Andy Reid said. "We just want to investigate it."

Davis was released by Carolina in March after finishing last season on injured reserve with knee injuries that affected his final two seasons with the Panthers.

Oh No!! I hope Karlos can recover. I feel like if he can get healthy he could have a shot at a breakout season. The Cards really seem like they have picked up a lot of offensive talent in the last couple of years and that will bring a lot more media exposure. They and are a sleeper team and I hope Karlos can be part of it.

Oh no...thats not good about Dansby (hes my boy) I wonder what the illness is they didnt really elaborate...his toe affecting the muscles in his legs...weird.

Karlos was really coming on strong too...he had a great year last year....heres hoping its not an end to his career.

Archived