Auburn & LSU on ESPN Classics

autiger6

FYI last years Auburn LSU game is on ESPNC right now.

I've got it dvr'ed in HD, whenever I start thinking we could be really good this year I watch that game & realize we could just as easily be really bad.

this is the 1st time i've seen the tv broadcast of this game and a couple things i liked...

lsu held fla to 206 total yds offense. at the time, led the sec in 3d down defence. muschamp coaches from the press box. very unpredictable on D, very unorthodox at times.

once auburn get settled in, i think we're really going to like coach muschamp (duh!)

and another thing i like...

i know they had a good year, whatever whatever whatfreakinever. when i look at the lsu sideline, i still see the ghost of gerry de nardo. les miles is a buffoon.

muschamp coaches from the press box. very unpredictable on D, very unorthodox at times.

once auburn get settled in, i think we're really going to like coach muschamp (duh!)

couple things......

first....Muschamp DID NOT coach at LSU last season....was with Miami with Saban.

second....Muschamp coaches from ON the field not in the pressbox...at least he did with Saban at LSU.

my bad scott. i stand corrected. hard to think straight with my guts ripped out, i reckon.

well as bad as it makes you Aubies feel watching that game...TRUST ME....us LSU fans get just as sick! Many "missed" opportunties by each team in that game.

Mainly just wanted to point out that Muschamp is a "on the field, in your face" coach! I've seen him push Marcus Spears and Marquis Hill around like little school girls. Ya'll will LOVE Muschamp...I PROMISE!!!

that has got to be the sloppiest played "classic" espn has ever picked.

yeah I was out drinking with some friends tonight and it was on.....the entire time they were all talking and all I could do was watch and say to myself "WTF"........... but at the same time knowing that all AU fans watching that game were thinking "WTF"........ :big::big:

I'll punch myself in the face with a brick nine times before I watch that game again...it'd be less painful.

Kenny Irons' long TD run is about the only thing worth remembering.

I'll punch myself in the face with a brick nine times before I watch that game again...it'd be less painful.

Kenny Irons' long TD run is about the only thing worth remembering.

I'd take the forgotten play of that game, Anthony Mix's touchdown catch of Brandon Cox's pass with under 5:00 left in the game on 4th and goal to give AU a 3-point lead 17-14.

second....Muschamp coaches from ON the field not in the pressbox...at least he did with Saban at LSU.

Definitely. damabama, did you not see any LSU games from '03? He would almost tackle his players after making a huge play as they ran back to the sideline. He's REALLY intense on the sidelines with his yelling too....how'd you miss all that? He'll more than likely do the same at Auburn.

You might be confused with Chizic...he coached from the press box.

and another thing i like...

i know they had a good year, whatever whatever whatfreakinever. when i look at the lsu sideline, i still see the ghost of gerry de nardo. les miles is a buffoon.

CLM :puke: has one, may be two more years of Saban's players and then we'll find out how good a coach he is. He's been at :lsu: for 2 recruiting years now and he has probably recuited up to 30-45 players that are part of the team. After this year or next we'll see just how good a coach he is. A prime example of my theory is CTB at Auburn and we all know what happened to him! War Eagle!! :au:

Archived