Auburn Radio

autiger6

So does anybody know why the radio delay was so bad during the game? Normally it is a few seconds fast or behind but this was more like 10 seconds behind.

I was viewing on Charter cable and the next play would be starting on TV before the radio call from the previous play wrapped up.

There is no way to possibly completely answer that question even if you work for the AU Network or for Charter. The AU Network delay could have been for a number of reasons, from the equipment used, any deliberate delay the had setup, the radio station in your area and their equipment, the atmospheric conditions in your area, and the list could go on. Then there is the list of reason for the TV broadcast side of it. It is just one of those things that have so many variables in it in so many different areas of the state that there is no way to get them to all synch up at the same time no matter where you live.

Mine was fours seconds behind but taking a que from one of our board members, I delayed the tv broadcast with my DVR and it synched right up.

Mine was fours seconds behind but taking a que from one of our board members, I delayed the tv broadcast with my DVR and it synched right up.

That is what I do to when I am wathcing a crappy JP/LF game, but that only works when the radio broadcast is behind. When it is ahead of the TV, well there is nothing you can do.

That is what I do to when I am wathcing a crappy JP/LF game, but that only works when the radio broadcast is behind. When it is ahead of the TV, well there is nothing you can do.

Sounds like you just created a market for the RadiVo, or something like that.

Sounds like you just created a market for the RadiVo, or something like that.

Well, if you have one of those Sirius radios that allow you to pause live radio and then you have a DVR, I guess you could lways get them both the synch up no matter what.

Archived