Mississippi State,,,,,,,,

Tigermike

The Auburn Tigers will be wearing their home blue jerseys on Saturday in Starkville because Mississippi State wants to wear white. They also wore white in their season opener vs. :usc: Conference rules are set up so the home team gets to pick what color football jersey it wears. :au::au:

I saw that and was wondering about it. I guess now we have two comparisons to make:

Alabama = Ole Miss

LSU = Mississippi State

That white jersey thing worked out so well for them on Thursday.

I don't care if they wear pink tutus as long as our boys smack them around!!!

That white jersey thing worked out so well for them on Thursday.

Maybe they're thinking it's a heat thang: I mean, if you're going to be feelin' bad at the end of the game for losing, you might as well be a few degrees cooler in the white jerseys. :)

Just my thought, but I'm sure they think they are giving themselves an advantage to wear the white as it won't be as hot during the mid-day sun as their maroon jerseys would be, and visa-versa for us in our blue jerseys. Whatever rings their cowbell.

EDIT: Loggerhead beat me to it, proving great minds think alike.

stupid, I guess they think it gives them some kind of "edge"

By the 3rd quarter it will be an Auburn home game anyway.

spoken like someone who has never been to starkvegas when State is bad. . . which is most of the time. It will not even take the 3rd quarter for that place to become and Auburn home game. Numbers wise maybe but Auburn fans will be the only ones cheering after kickoff.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Maybe they're thinking it's a heat thang: I mean, if you're going to be feelin' bad at the end of the game for losing, you might as well be a few degrees cooler in the white jerseys. :)

The Under Armour jerseys' superior technology will negate any advantage the lighter color might provide.

Just my thought, but I'm sure they think they are giving themselves an advantage to wear the white as it won't be as hot during the mid-day sun as their maroon jerseys would be, and visa-versa for us in our blue jerseys. Whatever rings their cowbell.

yeah we need more cowbell!

EDIT: Loggerhead beat me to it, proving great minds think alike.

snl_blue_oyster_cowbell.jpg

Maybe its a medical thing: They can better see where the blood is and patch up the wounds faster with the white jerseys. ...Probably will need lots of bandages when playing us!

does not matter what color jerseys they wear....unless AU fumbles or throws an interception,blocks a kick,ect, state won't cross midfield

Don't forget "fails in their fake punt attempt in their own red zone." :poke:

Personally I think they choose the white jerseys because they look much better than their home maroon jerseys. But that is just me.

I wish MSU would go back to maroon helmets and their unis of the late 90's. There are too many white helmets in the SEC anyway.

The visitors have to agree to the change, right?

Bingo! The home team may wear their "whites" only if the visiting team agrees.

I wish MSU would go back to maroon helmets and their unis of the late 90's. There are too many white helmets in the SEC anyway.

I wish they'd go back to their "Maroons" nickname...instead of "Bulldogs"...how stupid was that change? THERE WAS ALREADY A "BULLDOGS" at UGA....

:au::homer:

I'm not worried about losing the game (regardless of jersey color), but I will say, this will be one of the top 4 defenses we play against all year. Those boys can pop. Of couse, they are the worst offensive team in the SEC (possibly the country) so it all goes to waste, but the defense is still good.

This may sound crazy, but I really like our away unis also. I think it would be neat if the team picked out one home game a year to wear their away unis. This would give most AU fans the chance to see the away unis in person since most fans do not get a chance to go to road games. What do ya'll think?? Maybe an ooc game so we could see the visitors home unis.

Archived