Simpson had to clean toilets in a jail???

DKW 86

OMG ! ! !

This is SOOOO stupid. It has grown into an animal that even the uaters should be ashamed of defending. But, they just march in lock step and praise flipper. Just a few months until the bricks FLY. Fickled?...Indeed.

Look, I don't know what all the fuss is about. Simpson WAS suspended for the Rainbow Warrior clash. He just dressed out and played...that's all. Right?

I mean...just because he was in uniform and played in the game doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't suspended. You know...like Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson...he dressed out and warmed up and was on the sidelines but he didn't get in because they didn't need him.....but he was suspended. Sooooo...it stands to reason that Shula will break his moratorium on making discipline public and announce some time this week that Simpson was actually suspended for the Hawaii game.

Right??? :blink:

Just like DJ Hall was injured...no suspended...wait he was injured for the Hawaii game.

Where was the part about scrubbing the toilets? Maybe by toilets they meant when he was washing the cars that had alabama stickers on them.

Where was the part about scrubbing the toilets? Maybe by toilets they meant when he was washing the cars that had alabama stickers on them.

It also doesn't say he didn't scrub toilets:

"He did some car washing for us and other things. He was trying to squeeze it in between workouts. He's a real pleasant young man."

Taggart would not disclose Simpson's exact tasks.

"But anything we had him do, whether it might be cutting the grass or washing the vehicles, it was a lot,"

I think we have to concede the point on this. Unless this reporter is completely off and Officer Taggart is lying, he worked at the jail at Shula insistance. We may still want to debate if that was appropriate punishment, or if he should still be suspended from a game, or if Shula's handling of the matter was smart, PR-wise. But I think the debate over whther he worked at the jail is settled.

Anyone for a little oven-roasted crow?

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh....xml&coll=2

Simpson works at jail, school

Thursday, September 07, 2006

IAN R. RAPOPORT

News staff writer

TUSCALOOSA -

Simpson labored at the Tuscaloosa County Jail, Chief of Operations James Taggart told The News, doing anything from washing cars to cleaning equipment

Additionally, Simpson spent several hours working at The Rise School of Tuscaloosa, a school serving children with disabilities.

"He came down for a couple of hours and, as a matter of fact, he still has some time to do," said Taggart, who added that the punishment was set up by the Alabama coaching staff. "He did some car washing for us and other things. He was trying to squeeze it in between workouts. He's a real pleasant young man."

Taggart would not disclose Simpson's exact tasks.

"But anything we had him do, whether it might be cutting the grass or washing the vehicles, it was a lot," Taggart said.

The Rise School, which was founded in 1974 and is based in the Stallings Center, serves children from birth to 5 years old in West Alabama who have disabilities. Forty percent of the students are not disabled.

Dr. Martha Cook, the executive director of the Rise School, said she could not comment on the specific players who make appearances in her classrooms. But speaking generally, she said it is protocol for members of the Crimson Tide who have been disciplined to assist the teachers in her schools and verse themselves in other walks of life.

She said it's been that way for years.

"As did Coach (Bear) Bryant and Coach (Gene) Stallings, Coach Shula arranges for athletes who have broken team rules to do hours at our place," Cook told The News. "The disciplinary actions are not punitive in nature, but are intended to be learning experiences."

What a joke ... spent a couple of hours down here cutting grass and washing cars ... Bryant ... Stallings ... Shula ... been this way for years. AN OLD TRADITION!!!

Thank you, queitfan, for being level headed about this one.

Most of the people here hate Alabama so much...that after they spent the last 2 days calling people liars about this story...they will back track and say "it doesnt matter anyway".

I cant believe you guys have a 3 page thread going and only ONE person was willing to own up. Becoming quite typical around here.

Most of the people here hate Alabama so much...that after they spent the last 2 days calling people liars about this story...they will back track and say "it doesnt matter anyway".

I cant believe you guys have a 3 page thread going and only ONE person was willing to own up. Becoming quite typical around here.

Well, I don't have to 'own up' on anything, since this is my first post in this thread. In all honesty, if Bama fans are happy with the way Shula has handled this situation, then by all means, so am I. I wouldn't be happy with CTT if he handled it this way, but diff'rent strokes for different folks. I guess you can chalk that up to (one reason) why I'm not an Alabama fan.

Simpson was caught with a stolen gun and pot. He STARTED and played the entire first game. No way around the stupidity of the facts.

He did some car washing for us and other things. He was trying to squeeze it in between workouts. He's a real pleasant young man."

Sounds like he really worked hard.... :blink:

Well, I don't have to 'own up' on anything, since this is my first post in this thread. In all honesty, if Bama fans are happy with the way Shula has handled this situation, then by all means, so am I. I wouldn't be happy with CTT if he handled it this way, but diff'rent strokes for different folks. I guess you can chalk that up to (one reason) why I'm not an Alabama fan.

Agreed. The last we read from bammie board posters was that JS was forced to clean up all manner of bodily fluids from the most dangerous prisoners in the maximum security wing. You've got to admit that's a far cry from cutting grass & cleaning equipment for a couple hours at a time at the county jail for the last few weeks.

Spin it any way you want. It's abundantly clear why shulla doesn't want to disclose the "punishment" he lays down. Who wants to keep justifying meaningless busy work as punishment?

I agree. What they do is there responsibility and they will have to face up to the consequences later on. I fully support the way CTT has/is handling our situations and I don't care what shula does. He has his own ways and agenda (maybe he is feeling the heat of the thumb and figures nobody will really be talking about this incident or care by the end of September). The bammar nation has been in "maytag" mode since this whole thing went public - spinning and twisting stories and events to suit their delusional thinking.

By the way, could any of this public service really have been mandated by the courts as part of his plea and not a shula directive???

I was listening to the "Matt Murphy" show on 101.1 out of bamaham yesterday on the drive home. A caller who identified himself as "Red" said the stolen gun that was found in simpson's car had belonged to him. His question was WHY the follow up work had not been done to retrieve the remainder of his stolen property? (CD player-Ipod-etc...) He said he was getting zero help from loserville police. Just for the record, he also said he was a fan of the "school" in west vance.

Strange days indeed. This story may eventually grow legs and get to the truth.

To Bg and the rest of the Tide fans,

This is part of his court ordered public service, it has ZERO to do with Shula. This is a sad sad case of a half assed cover up.

PF will trash this crap in mere seconds on the show today.

Sad, truly sad....

Breathe David....loooonng sloooowww inhale...hold it, that's it...now...exhale.....Haaaaaaa...

Now doesn't that feel better? :P

I think everyone except the Tahd faithful are getting what's going on here. Now, you probably won't see a NYT article or anything, but most folks see through it.

"He came down for a couple of hours and, as a matter of fact, he still has some time to do," said Taggart, who added that the punishment was set up by the Alabama coaching staff. "He did some car washing for us and other things. He was trying to squeeze it in between workouts. He's a real pleasant young man."

A couple of hours??? Squeezed in between workouts to boot.

Hey, if you and the rest of the Tide faithful are comfortable with that, I will leave it alone.

Sorry, BG, but I'm calling BS on the whole thing. Let's examine, shall we?

First the guy gets in trouble. It's all over the press. Then days later the Northport PD "remembers" telling him that his stolen gun was clean. They leave him twisting in the wind for days before they come up with this recollection.

Then he gets no punishment. He makes cracks about not being punished. He says in interviews that he'd give himself an ice cream cone. He makes statements that he's not sure what's going to be done to him. In the final hours before the game, he notes that Shula hasn't even talked to him. And then when the furor explodes and draws derision from coast to coast, suddenly they "remember" that he washed some cars at the jail. They leave him and Shula twisting in the wind for days before they come up with this remembrance. And when asked directly, neither Shula nor Simpson will confirm or deny that it did, in fact, take place.

Horse manure.

I don't know who is backfilling or what they are trying to cover, but what you see is certainly not what you get in this situation.

To Bg and the rest of the Tide fans,

This is part of his court ordered public service, it has ZERO to do with Shula. This is a sad sad case of a half assed cover up.

PF will trash this crap in mere seconds on the show today.

Sad, truly sad....

Reading is fundamental

Coach Shula arranges for athletes who have broken team rules to do hours at our place

Simpson also did community service at a childrens center. That was probably part of his court mandated community service.

I am getting very dizzy from all of this east moundville spinning.

VERY typical.

Archived