Take it...

JohnnyBallgame

Ok, so after watching both games, here are my opinions. Keep in mind people, OPINIONS.

Lets not fool ourselves, Auburn played a so-so game. But, I watched the players and I watched the coaches. No one seemed to be in "panic" mode. No one was fronting "oh, crap, that didnt work, what do we do now?" It looked as though everyone on the AU side was, for the most part, unemotionally attached after we got a 2 touchdown lead. I think this is the result of a simplified gameplan to not reveal too much to LSU. But is it also important to note that even though they lined up to stop the run the whole game, Cox was able to make the difference for us. What I take away from the game is that it will take a very well balanced, well coached defensive team to stop us offensively. Kenny can't do it, we got Cox; Cox can't do it (or we have our druthers), we got Kenny. LSU will be a battle.

Bama.....man, I hate it. Vandy's that one team in the SEC besides AU that I pull for. They need all the support they can get. Anyway, hard game, neither offense looked great. Jimmy Johns is a better RB than Darby IMO (so far). He will be a threat back in the future for UA. So will the QB for Vandy, him and the WR Bennett will be a dangerous combo for the next couple years. Bama has got to get some more consistency on the running game. JPW and Brown will win some games for them if the pass defense is suspect, but the running game has got to come up with a threat back.

Player Between the Rivals (PBR) = Brandon Cox 18 of 27

Archived