LSU- Auburn For The West Championship

CalcoTiger

There is no doubt in my mind this is for the west championship this week.

Alabama = mediocre at best

Ole Piss = Lost to Mizzo and Orgeron is their Coach.

Arkansas = Best of the other west teams but long way to go

Miss St. = Well they are going to have a rough year

This is the kind of games you wait the whole off season for and both have really talented teams so its whoever can make the plays in the game.

Lets see: Big game with great tailgating . Pretty girls , marching bands and there is nothing like SEC atmosphere.

LSU and Auburn have really turned the west into their own grudge match.

Geaux LSU and here's hoping for a great game.

:lsu:

Couldn't ask for a better game. Hopefully we get the coverage we deserve this weekend. I don't know if I can wait another week for it. War Damn Eagle! :au:

ole siss and moo state are gonna be bad for a long time. sadly, alot of it has to do with being in the state of mississippi and lack of resources i.e. dollars. but at least moo state doesnt have coach zero, who has no support of academic excellence nor does he even know much about his own team. before the season he didn't even know that robert lane has had qb reps in a game before. well have fun with that bad apple qb you have now! as for miss state, they really need an offensive coordinator with some brains. they outta stick to the ready-to-play juco kids because no one wants to go sit on the bench in starkville.

Is gameday in Auburn next week? Better be.

i dunno but uf plays ut next week and espn loves to hang out in tinseltown or southbend as well so don't hold your breath :rolleyes:

I agree herbsteit said he thinks ut and uf is the biggest game so you know what that spin will be

I really don't care if Gameday comes or not, but I know it is good press for the program.

If you take our game and then the UF/UT and UN/USC games, neither have the possible implications our game has.

Our game has not only SEC division and conference championship hopes riding on it, but it also has BCS championship hopes riding on it because both of them easily could find themselves play in the BCS game if things go right for them. The other games do not have that because at least one of the teams in each game will have two losses before the season is over. Also, at least one team in each game is ranked too low (UT and Nebraska) to make that high of a jump into the BCS game without alot of teams getting beat ahead of them.

This will be a great and exciting week! I look forward to the LSU game every year. Home or away this game sets the tone for the rest of the year for both teams!

WAR EAGLE!!!

PS - I could care less if Game Day is there or not.

Is gameday in Auburn next week? Better be.

I heard they were definately going to be at the :ut: / :uf: game, which infuriates me.

There's absolutely no logic behind choosing to show a #7 & #17 instead of showing a #4 & #8 matchup all from the same conference.

I hate to have to break out the tinfoil hat here, but the only explanation is some vast conspiracy to coverup Auburn as if it doesn't exist. USC has played Arkansas, and had a bye this week. After week two they have only played Arkansas! That's all it takes to jump from #6 to #3, jumping West Virginia, us, and Notre Dame? I guess so as long as you're a USC Trojan. It certainly didn't work for us last year (remember, can't jump a team if they keep winning) , and I assure you our win against Arkansas will probably help us less than USC's off week this week.

I saw no mention of our games on any part of GameDay or SportsCenter in the last two weeks. I'll be honest, LSU is not getting anywhere near the attention they deserve either. It's like they want to sweep us under the rug so they can get away with screwing the SEC over for one of their darlings yet again, and no one will notice or care.

The winner of this week's game should be in the NC game considering they win out the rest of the season. Will it happen, or will ESPN's influence screw over the SEC with no remorse only two years later?

I really don't want the gameday crew in auburn. BUT, the reality of it is ESPN as a whole hate auburn (for whatever reason) and likely won't come anyway. If we're number 1 playing No. 2 they would find a "better" game to go to...

ESPN loooovvveeesssss going to Knoxville. I can't count how many times they have been there the last 5 years.

With that said, this game really does decide the West. Whoever wins will that needed 2 game lead basically

Welcome to the :lsu: fans.

1) This is the MONEY game. You have to love that this is the THE game in the :sec: West

2) I could not care less for Game Day. Corso is an expert on losing football games only.

3) Want a great, clean, friendly game ot take this rivalry to the next level.

Welcome to the :lsu: fans.

1) This is the MONEY game. You have to love that this is the THE game in the :sec: West

2) I could not care less for Game Day. Corso is an expert on losing football games only.

3) Want a great, clean, frienfldy game ot take this rivalry to the next level.

Simple but right on the money. Point #2 is nothing but the truth. They get a proven loser as one of their analysts, so that shows how bright ESPN is when it comes to college football.

From what I've seen around a couple of LSU boards... you'd think Auburn shouldn't even play this game as LSU is going to blow us out at home by 30 points.

Let them keep thinking that. They will be in for a suprise when CWM, CAB, and CTT bring out things they have never seen before. :lsu: is probably a little over-confident after the past couple of weeks. They will see the real Auburn team in a week.

From what I've seen around a couple of LSU boards... you'd think Auburn shouldn't even play this game as LSU is going to blow us out at home by 30 points.

nobody with sense actually thinks that...

Tenn and Florida is nowhere near the game we have on our hands this year.

Tenn beats a way overhyped Cal team and you would have thought they should be put in the BCS Championship game.

What has Urban Crybaby Meyer done at Florida.

LSU Natl. Champs 2003 and Auburn undefeated the next year.

Auburn-LSU winner has clearly been for the West the passt few years.

As far as i am concerned this game has more NC implications than any of those other games because from what i have seen the winner has enough talent to run the table after this game.

This is what SEC football is all about.

You could power the state of Alabama for a year on the electricity that is gonna be in that crowd before the game.

All i ask is that the Auburn field goal kicker take the game off !!! lol

There is no doubt in my mind this is for the west championship this week.

Alabama = mediocre at best

Ole Piss = Lost to Mizzo and Orgeron is their Coach.

Arkansas = Best of the other west teams but long way to go

Miss St. = Well they are going to have a rough year

This is the kind of games you wait the whole off season for and both have really talented teams so its whoever can make the plays in the game.

Lets see: Big game with great tailgating . Pretty girls , marching bands and there is nothing like SEC atmosphere.

LSU and Auburn have really turned the west into their own grudge match.

Geaux LSU and here's hoping for a great game.

:lsu:

Calco....I agree . I just wish the game wasn't so early in the season. I wish it were later when we knew 100% it was for the SEC WEst and the drama would be really high. Are you coming up for the game.

Can you believe anyone is even thinking about or cares where Gameday is? Unreal!!!

Auburn/LSU now is what Florida/Tennessee used to be in the 1990's. I don't understand why ESPN has all but shunned Auburn when it comes to the postgame show, not one video highlight at all last night.

The winner is not garunteed a ticket to Atlanta. Both teams still have to play UF, Bama, & Arkansas among others.

Well, not to disagree. but yes it is. Truthfully, both will be favorites over :ua: and :arky: . I will hold my judgment with :uf:

Either way, the winner of this game realistically goes 2 games up on the other if you include the tie breaker. I dont see two more losses for the winner, therefore YES the winner will take the SEC West.

As far as i am concerned this game has more NC implications than any of those other games because from what i have seen the winner has enough talent to run the table after this game.

This is what SEC football is all about.

So true. And it is a CONFERENCE game. Ohio State and Texas was an important game, but this one is right up there and it is a conference game.

This game is huge. This game is legendary. Every single year this game has SEC Championship implications and national implications. The Auburn nation knows it. The LSU nation knows it. The media knows it too, whether they say anything or not.

calco c'mon... you gotta respect urban cryer enough to use the proper nickname.

and yeah, i'm pumped for this game. it's the sec west championship. it has a point differential of 2 over the last two years, and it has two very real national title contenders... nothing more you could ask for.

1) i hope everyone has a great time at the game (i'm out of the country... missing the games for the first time in 3 years. been to all of them home or away in that stretch), and i hope lsu fans have only the game to complain about on the way out of town.

2) looking forward to kenny's "call" this year... is he going after cecil collins single game series record?

3) just remember i'm jealous when you're at toomer's after the game.

War Eagle!

Archived