I can feel the heat already...........

tkdpal

I know this will probably bring alot of flames but..........

Just rewatched the MSU game(tivo). The glaring problem I see, is with the D-line. I am not sure if this is attributed to CWM focusing speed on the outside or not. I understand too that we are missing 2 Stud linebackers.

It maybe that the defensive scheme has been very vanilla in prep for LSU...OR... It could be that Auburn lacks the beef in the middle on the D-line. In both of our games this year opponents major rushing yardage has come right up the gut. Left and right they have no shot, just too much speed.

I think that if Auburn has even a chance at running the table they need to be more physical in the middle on the D-line. Maybe they are holding off on slant and crossing packages this early but I think we will know Saturday. Should LSU's O-line get off on the right foot Saturday night, it could be a very very long night.

With that said the secondary is stronger than I expected and I think Wilhite will be a very special kid before he leaves. Also very impressed with the play of Will Herring. I honestly believe had he been "taught" that position 3 years ago he could be looking at conference honors. I know the season is young but I felt as if his name was being called with every single tackle.\

Overall very pleased with the progression of the team. They seem very focussed and grounded.

Thoughts?

I feel real uneasy about LSU. We look good, but we haven't really been a dominating D as of yet. I think we will play better this week. We looked a little flat on both sides of the ball against MSU and I think they knew they would win, but were looking to LSU. MSU fought hard on defense and maybe gave our offense a wake up call as far as running the ball. I still feel good about our prospects and talent! I think our level of play will be better this week. War Eagle!

I feel real uneasy about LSU. We look good, but we haven't really been a dominating D as of yet. I think we will play better this week. We looked a little flat on both sides of the ball against MSU and I think they knew they would win, but were looking to LSU. MSU fought hard on defense and maybe gave our offense a wake up call as far as running the ball. I still feel good about our prospects and talent! I think our level of play will be better this week. War Eagle!

Oh dont get me wrong. I am very excited about this team just looking forward to a strong d-line performance

I agree. With the exception of the RB's, I haven't seen a lot of "emotion" out of this team. They need to rev up the intensity, particularly on offense. As for the D Line, yes, they are comparatively small but quick. Tubs commented at halftime with state that they were containing the corners at the expense of the middle and would have to do better. They did. We just have to continue to improve, focus and take them one at a time. WDE! :au:

I agree. With the exception of the RB's, I haven't seen a lot of "emotion" out of this team. They need to rev up the intensity, particularly on offense. As for the D Line, yes, they are comparatively small but quick. Tubs commented at halftime with state that they were containing the corners at the expense of the middle and would have to do better. They did. We just have to continue to improve, focus and take them one at a time. WDE! :au:

Did you watch the WSU game? They were pretty revved up for that one. I disagree on the emotion comment.

Some great teams don't show emotion. The Miami and USC championship teams take a very straight faced, business like approach to the game where they go in and do what needs to be done.

Archived