Slow Start, But Confident

boddatiger99

I'll tell you...I haven't been all too impressed with Auburn's play yet. Now before you start screaming at me, just hold on. All I'm saying is we just don't have the same "look" as we've had in the past two seasons. D is doing great, as always. O is sluggish, but I'm sure it will come around. And it's tough to be sluggish when you have a retarded moron like Lou Holtz dissin' you on ESPN, saying you don't deserve to be ranked in the top 4. Anywho, here's the bottom line. Here's why I believe AUburn has a legitimate shot at the SEC and perhaps a Title game this year. (As discussed already on this board) Coaching. My faith in this team is embedded in the coaching staff. Look at what Tubs has accomplished, even going through the crap he went through. Look at what Borges did raising up a solid QB and getting everyone to buy into his system. The LSU game was a perfect example of why we have this chance. I think LSU was athletically superior. Seriously, that team is stacked with athleticism and talent. But, in the end, I think we had the better D coordinator and wanted it more. (And thank you Russell for making such a poor pass on the last play of the game :big: ). Ok, so that's my 2 cents. That's where my confidence lies: Great coaches making great players.

War Eagle :au:

It ain't easy getting over the loss of Devin, Ben, Anthony and Cooper, not to mention Big Marcus and Jake Slaughter. I think we can buy some time in the near games to improve, but we better get it together by the time Florida shows up.

I'm not sure the offense can be quite as good as last year, but the defense has shown up and with suspensions and nicked-up guys coming back, it can only get better.

Archived