Polls

hccobb

Looks like the pollsters cared more about USC and OSU's sluggish games more than ours, as we strenghthen/gained about 10 pts in each poll.

I'm looking forward to the release of the Harris poll later this afternoon. Once that is released, we'll really have something to talk about as 2/3 of the bcs formula will be known.

well i'm just glad that we weren't jumped in the AP poll! One thing I did notice, and was surprised about: although ESPN and ABC weren't giving us many highlights or spending much time talking about us (what's new?) I did like the fact that I believe it was John Saunders who noted that we were taking it easy and not running up the score..... I think that it was good that Coach Tubberville openly admitted we weren't going to be about style points and run up the score against anyone if we could, so that way people shouldn't expect us to hang 70 on people just for the sake of doing it. Glad we were able to maintain number 2, let's go beat South Carolina and be the biggest Washington State and Iowa fans on Saturday! War Eagle!!

Hey, guys, actually there's some movement in the Coaches Poll in our favor. USC has gone from a 61 point leave to a 48 point lead over us in one week.

Maybe that's grasping at straws. But maybe it signals that people don't think USC is the juggernaut they were in the past three sseasons.

One thing We all need to remember is it is still extremely early in the season, for us to be ranked number 2 in the AP and 3 in the Coaches is an honor that we are ranked up in the likes of USC and Ohio State, Our strength of schedule will be a lot better than what it was in 2004 for several reasons, the victory of Tennessee over California could eventually weigh heavily in on the computer rankings if we and USC were to go undefeated, along with the fact that in 2004 we did not have a moderate out of conference opponent, and this year we had one in WSU. Auburn has at the least 2 top 10 games coming up, probably another top 10 game if we make it to the championship game- USC at the most will only have 2, most likely 1 top 10 game, considering the fact that we moved up 12 votes or so on this weeks poll just from a subpar performance from USC in an unranked game when we had one too I like our chances.

All this being said, worrying about winning our football games is what needs to be talked about not what the polls are doing.

Well, maybe the influence ESPN has over the polls has diminished some. One can hope anyway.

Looks like the ND mystic may not have the power it use too either. They stay still in one poll and actually drop a spot in another.

how could 2 people really vote West Virginia 1 after barely beating East Carolina. There schedule is a joke and even if they do not lose a game they do not deserve to be ranked in the top 3. A 1 loss AU OSU or Michigan would be a whole lot more impressive.

Coaches poll movement is promising. We still have to bank on a USC loss, in my opinion, unless AU dominates UF and UGA. Bama will be close, like it usually is, and then we'll have to dominate the SECCG unless USC loses.

I am still waiting for a network to have a program to counter ESPN Gameday...

Been waiting for that...for 3 years now.

At some point, somebody will....just who?

CBS?

Did anyone notice #23 in the poll? RUTGERS! It's the 5th sign of the apocalypse.

War Scarlet Knights!

Auburn has at the least 2 top 10 games coming up, probably another top 10 game if we make it to the championship game- USC at the most will only have 2, most likely 1 top 10 game, considering the fact that we moved up 12 votes or so on this weeks poll just from a subpar performance from USC in an unranked game when we had one too I like our chances.

All this being said, worrying about winning our football games is what needs to be talked about not what the polls are doing.

The SEC has 4 teams in the Top Ten.

:au: , :uf: , :uga: , :lsu: We have played one and play the other two soon with one to go in the SECCG if we make it. We have the hardest road to hoe of the Top 5.

:au: , :uf: , :uga: , :lsu: We have played one and play the other two soon with one to go in the SECCG if we make it. We have the hardest road to hoe of the Top 5.

What do you mean we've played one? Kirk Herbstreit said he wasn't going to count the LSU game when considering AU's resume because of the "controversy". That's the new official line.

What do you mean we've played one? Kirk Herbstreit said he wasn't going to count the LSU game when considering AU's resume because of the "controversy". That's the new official line.

I dont know of this "Herbstreit" character of whom you speak ;) ESPWhat?

I watched USC play AZ last night on replay and they did not look very good at all. It was 10-3 in the 4th quarter against a team that was wiped out by LSU 45-3. They looked very beatable and I think WSU may cause them some problems at Pullman. WSU has something that AZ doesn't have and that is an established offense and they have looked pretty good, since losing at AU.

Our chance to jump USC will come by taking care of USC and Arky...and then beating #5 UF. I would expect us to jump USC after we win these three...provided we look good in the first two. At that point we would have beaten #5 and #6 and no else in the top 10 could make that claim.

But...1 game at a time! We need to be ready to have a solid performance Thursday vs. Visor Boy and the 'cocks.

WDE!

Jack

Archived