OSU at Iowa

aubiescottie

I think this is a huge game...and probably our best shot at having OSU lose a game this year (including Michigan) And is a game we should watch very carefully. Iowa can be a tough place to play, and OSU is coming off a physical and tough game against PSU. (OSU returned 2 TD's in the final 3 minutes to win handidly Iowa is nicely rested and this game has probably been circled on their calender since the schedule came out. They have a veteran quaterback, something OSU has yet to see. I predict a Hawkeye win.

On the flip side, with a win, OSU can essentially punch their ticket to Arizona. With the Michigan game at home, I don't forsee a Michigan win.

I don't see Iowa winning but it could happen. OSU looks very strong. Even with the hiccup against PSU. If Iowa is going to win, they are gonna have to get some pressure on Smith and force him to make mistakes.

We have an AUNAtion inside connection in that game too. One of our members is working on a graduate degree at Iowa and he is a Grad Assistant with the Iowa band.

I have already called him several times about making sure Iowa beats OSU, and he said he is on it. So the Auburn spirit will be at that game!!

You see Iowa as having a better shot @ beating OSU than Michigan? Bold, interesting opinion. Iowa definitely is comparable to the PSU team that (before imploding) gave OSU all it could handle yesterday.

You see Iowa as having a better shot @ beating OSU than Michigan? Bold, interesting opinion. Iowa definitely is comparable to the PSU team that (before imploding) gave OSU all it could handle yesterday.

I think I can see kinda where he is coming from with the statement that Iowa has a better shot @ OSU than Michigan. As much as we all know that the SEC is the best conference around, when it comes to the big ten, it's really difficult to win on the road as well. Being as they have to travel to Iowa , but get Michigan at home....it has all the makings of an upset. And, that Qb for Iowa is really good imo, one of the most experienced ones they will see all year. Let's hope they pull it out !

War Eagle

I think I can see kinda where he is coming from with the statement that Iowa has a better shot @ OSU than Michigan. As much as we all know that the SEC is the best conference around, when it comes to the big ten, it's really difficult to win on the road as well. Being as they have to travel to Iowa , but get Michigan at home....it has all the makings of an upset. And, that Qb for Iowa is really good imo, one of the most experienced ones they will see all day. Let's hope they pull it out !

War Eagle

Exactly...I think OSU is definitely a better team than Iowa, and would probably beat them 8 or 9 times out of ten, but I think this game is ripe for an upset. Iowa does have similar talent level to PSU, except for one major position...quaterback. If PSU had a better QB than Morelli, that game would've been much much different. PSU had their opportunities to score early in the game but were forced to stay conservative. In the end, the inexperience got to them, and OSU was able to capitalize.

The Big Ten is most similar to the SEC in terms of the fan bases, and just overall difficulty navigating through the schedule, which I why I think Iowa will pull off the upset.

Archived