Can Alabama beat Florida?

CircleDrill

Guest Tigrinum Major

he has a very strong arm (78 yard pass against the hogs for example)

Ahem, let me point something out to you that you may or may not be able to grasp. The 78 yard pass did not travel 78 yards in the air. The total yardage, pitch, catch and subsequent run covered 78 yards. So that proves nothing about anyone's "arm strength". It proves that DJ Hall (or Keith Brown or whatever nameless Alabama receiver) caught the ball and ran about another 35 yards with it, and was faster and/or more wily than Alabama DBs on that particular play.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interupt the party. Carry on.

he has a very strong arm (78 yard pass against the hogs for example)

Ahem, let me point something out to you that you may or may not be able to grasp. The 78 yard pass did not travel 78 yards in the air. The total yardage, pitch, catch and subsequent run covered 78 yards. So that proves nothing about anyone's "arm strength". It proves that DJ Hall (or Keith Brown or whatever nameless Alabama receiver) caught the ball and ran about another 35 yards with it, and was faster and/or more wily than Alabama Arkansas DBs on that particular play.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interupt the party. Carry on.

Fixed that for you.

Sorry, I was so used to seeing the word "Alabama" on the main forum topics, it stuck in my head.

It's a nice upgrade to the site.

Archived